ayevee8toryear

Newly released NSA slides explain mechanics of US surveillance

http://rt.com/usa/nsa-prism-slides-surveillance-435/

Interesting, step over the constitutional line much?

In the surveillance process, NSA often obtains its live data from the FBI that retrieves matching information, using government equipment from companies such as Google, Microsoft and Yahoo.

With the participation of those companies, PRISM – and therefore Washington intelligence workers – "incidentally" have access to the bulk of Americans’ email, video and voice chat, videos, photos, voice-over-IP (Skype) chats, file transfers and social networking details.

RonD1120

Well, at least it will now stop, since it has all been exposed.

I'm not sure if you're serious or trying to be funny.

I'm hoping you're making a joke, but I really have my doubts.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Well, at least it will now stop, since it has all been exposed.

You are not the only one that hopes so...

http://rt.com/news/eu-demand-clarification-us-spying-440/comments/page-6/

EU demands ‘full clarification’ over NSA spying on European diplomats, warns of severe impact on relations

“I am deeply worried and shocked about the allegations of US authorities spying on EU offices,” said the President of the European Parliament Martin Schulz. “If the allegations prove to be true, it would be an extremely serious matter which will have a severe impact on EU-US relations.”

“On behalf of the European Parliament, I demand full clarification and require further information speedily from the US authorities with regard to these allegations," he added.

Meanwhile, Germany's justice minister also called for an immediate explanation from the United States saying the news that Washington bugged European Union offices was "reminiscent of the Cold War."

"It must ultimately be immediately and extensively explained by the American side whether media reports about completely disproportionate tapping measures by the US in the EU are accurate or not," Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger said in a statement.

Other EU diplomats also expressed shock concerning the latest batch of revelations in the NSA leak, reported by Der Spiegel magazine on Saturday.

"If these reports are true, it's disgusting,” Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn told Der Spiegel.

"The United States would be better off monitoring its secret services rather than its allies,” Asselborn continued. “We must get a guarantee from the very highest level now that this stops immediately."

A spokesman for the Office of the US Director of National Intelligence had no comment on the Der Spiegel story, Reuters reported.

Relax. This fixes everything.
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/06/28/blackout-defense-department-blocks-all-articles-about-nsa-leaks-from-millions-of-computers

I don't know why the Europeans are so upset. Even in this webforum, numerous domestic posters have repeatedly posted that foreign sensitivities are of absolutely no import or concern.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/30/germany-bugging_n_3524755.html

But, just in case you foreigners forgot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpPABLW6F_A

[/sarcasm]

AggieDave

***Well, at least it will now stop, since it has all been exposed.

I'm not sure if you're serious or trying to be funny.

I'm hoping you're making a joke, but I really have my doubts.

I was expecting a response like, "yeah, right."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

EU demands ‘full clarification’ over NSA spying on European diplomats, warns of severe impact on relations

“I am deeply worried and shocked about the allegations of US authorities spying on EU offices,” said the President of the European Parliament Martin Schulz. “If the allegations prove to be true, it would be an extremely serious matter which will have a severe impact on EU-US relations.”

Well, if they haven't done anything wrong; what do they have to worry about? :S:S:S:S
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

ayevee8toryear

Well, if they haven't done anything wrong; what do they have to worry about?

Errr, I dunno, maybe privacy? Trust? Diplomacy?

Now what a second, in this day & age... don't we need to understand that our need for security is more important than our right to privacy?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I overlooked your sarcasm.

Maybe the crazy faces might have been a giveaway. lol

Every person on the planet that uses the major internet sites, which is most of us, now knows they no longer enjoy the privacy they were under the impression they had. The 100th monkey may be conjured from this debacle.

Not a good scene for the US government, or those that have commandeered it.

>>Not a good scene for the US government, or those that have commandeered it.

No, it's not. It is beyond Orwellian and in a mere 18 years since the Internet GUI's came out; we have let them take it as well. And, it's happening at speeds greater than Moore's Law. Half the government should be dismantled beginning with this DHS "Thing."

BIGUN

>>Not a good scene for the US government, or those that have commandeered it.

No, it's not. It is beyond Orwellian and in a mere 18 years since the Internet GUI's came out; we have let them take it as well. And, it's happening at speeds greater than Moore's Law. Half the government should be dismantled beginning with this DHS "Thing."

The Liberals would disagree with you. They think the bigger the government, the better.

The Liberals would disagree with you. They think the bigger the government, the better.

Generally it's the conservatives who think the only part of government worth funding is the security and defense apparatus.

Remember, "liberal" doesn't mean, "everything GravityMaster doesn't like."

- Dan G

You are going to have a hard time convincing me that anyone deeply involved with government wants to make it smaller or reduce the budget. Not employees, not contractors, not elected employees, nobody. Call them Democrats, Republicans, Independents...they are being paid by the machine. Why would they want to dismantle it?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

You are going to have a hard time convincing me that anyone deeply involved with government wants to make it smaller or reduce the budget. Not employees, not contractors, not elected employees, nobody. Call them Democrats, Republicans, Independents...they are being paid by the machine. Why would they want to dismantle it?

Welcome to the machine.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Dave is spot on. Let's not throw too many rocks because it 's been a growing issue no matter which party affiliation. And, we need to remember that it was Bush who created the largest monstrosity of our time.

BIGUN

Dave is spot on. Let's not throw too many rocks because it 's been a growing issue no matter which party affiliation. And, we need to remember that it was Bush who created the largest monstrosity of our time.

Bush created the fast food joint that all the obese diabetics blame for their fatness.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hmmm. If he did it, you must give him a LOT of intelligence points.

I believe it was his handlers, just like Obama's handlers.

Neither one has the mental fortitude to wipe their own ass.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

lawrocket

Bush created the fast food joint that all the obese diabetics blame for their fatness.

Did Buddha say that? Sounds like a quote to me.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

DanG

Generally it's the conservatives who think the only part of government worth funding is the security and defense apparatus.

Remember, "liberal" doesn't mean, "everything GravityMaster doesn't like."

What is the #1 priority for the President of the U.S.?

turtlespeed

Hmmm. If he did it, you must give him a LOT of intelligence points.

I believe it was his handlers, just like Obama's handlers.

Neither one has the mental fortitude to wipe their own ass.

Duly Noted.