ibx

Former NSA contractor Snowden leaves Hong Kong for Moscow

Hey Jerry.

Im glad you agree with me.

I really did not mean any disrespect towards american people or government. But I think some things America´s government do are extremely hypocritical. I am glad this guy did what he did. I am sorry he wont ever be able to go back home as a free man to see his family and friends. He will have to spend the rest of his life away from home running and hidding somewhere because he did what thought was right.
I understand terrorism is a huge problem and it needs to be taken care of, but not at the expense of peoples right to write a freaking email safe on the knowledge that it will be only read by whoever they intended.

Im sorry if my grammar makes what I write a little hard to understand.

Regards!

Gilberto.
"I don´t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done"

LOL.... And where is she now? He threw her and a 200K job to take a position at Booze Allen for 120K and gobbed off to the papers for 15 minutes of fame and to become the most wanted man since bin Laden, the term 'dick head' come to mind.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Skyrad

... to become the most wanted man since bin Laden ...

I doubt this guy is even considered drone-worthy.

He's full on media circus because of the embarrassment factor, but that's probably about it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***... to become the most wanted man since bin Laden ...

I doubt this guy is even considered drone-worthy.

He's full on media circus because of the embarrassment factor, but that's probably about it.

Due to the embarrassment he has caused the US govt, and to make an example out of him, I would not be a bit surprised if a clandestine operation was sent into Ecuador to extract him. I would be more surprised if it was *not* attempted.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Oh sure, but to say he's the most wanted man since bin laden is simply hyperbole.

And, of course, the scenario to extract him depends entirely on him actually being there. Certainly there would be no Op without verification he's there.
quade -

quade

And, of course, the scenario to extract him depends entirely on him actually being there. Certainly there would be no Op without verification he's there.

Since when did the US ever need verification something was really there before executing an operation in a foreign country?;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

champu

***He's a gamer, so he understands planning in advance and strategy.

Do you have any idea how retarded you sound when you write? That's a serious question.

Do you have any idea what a gamer is? I'm not just talking about some pimply faced kid playing Mario Cart in his mom's basement. I'm talking about people who do advanced calculus to figure out the right moves to make as best responses in all sections of life. They teach courses in it in the economics department at Harvard. They also have courses that teach how to win wars with it.

So . . . bite me.
quade -

Be nice. Not everyone knows what games theory is, let alone can understand the complex or advanced levels. It seems to me most of the population will never understand more than minmaxing and maxmining and when each should be used, even with patient and competant tutoring.

(not sniping at champu, just a general statement about my observations and diminishing faith in humanity at large hike marveling at the abilities of our best and brightest)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I think that globally there is a clear decline in cognitive ability over the last few centuries.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

ryoder

Since when did the US ever need verification something was really there before executing an operation in a foreign country?;)

Bazinga!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Skyrad

He's not exactly stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does.

So when the US government says we want him. We want to put him on trial for espionage. Rest of his life in prison or death penalty. Fair trial - nope. And Hong Kong - this guy is so loaded with sensitive information that you better not let anybody else get to him - including China.

Yeah. That's how to get him back. That's damage control.

As you were saying...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

jakee

***I think that globally there is a clear decline in cognitive ability over the last few centuries.

Why?

Why do I think that is the case, or why has it declined?
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

lawrocket

He's not exactly stupid.

So when the US government says we want him. We want to put him on trial for espionage. Rest of his life in prison or death penalty. Fair trial - nope. And Hong Kong - this guy is so loaded with sensitive information that you better not let anybody else get to him - including China.

As you were saying...

Shit, you are right! Maybe they should have just baked him a cake :D The best way to get him back is via legal mean, failing that Extraordinary rendition is tried and tested.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Skyrad

He's not exactly stupid.

As you were saying...

Shit, you are right! Maybe they should have just baked him a cake :D The best way to get him back is via legal mean, failing that Extraordinary rendition is tried and tested.

If he was Russian he'd by dying of polonium poisoning by now. You can bank on that.
Anyhow. So did you hear our Secy of State, John Kerry, whingeing and stamping his feet at Russia and HK? "You guys better not have known about this! I mean it! You better not! Cuz if you did, well, we're gonna.... uh.... do something about it! Yeah!"
I swear, it's fucking painful. No matter which party they're in, everyone in US governance has Shrunken Weenie Syndrome.

quade

******He's a gamer, so he understands planning in advance and strategy.

Do you have any idea how retarded you sound when you write? That's a serious question.

Do you have any idea what a gamer is? I'm not just talking about some pimply faced kid playing Mario Cart in his mom's basement. I'm talking about people who do advanced calculus to figure out the right moves to make as best responses in all sections of life. They teach courses in it in the economics department at Harvard. They also have courses that teach how to win wars with it.

So . . . bite me.

I'm familiar with game theory and I know what you meant by "gamer", however my choice of adjectives in describing your writing was poor, sorry about that.

My comment was regarding your claim that no one knows what's going on given the information available contrasted with your confidence in your assessment of Snowden given the information available.

What bothers me is that Snowden has become the story instead of the shit that the NSA is doing. Snowden is like watching a miniseries. Where is the plot going to go.

Snowden has hijacked his own thread. The conversation has gone from outrage over federal spying on its citizens to this contractor who is Breaking Bad.

My wife is hotter than your wife.