ibx

Former NSA contractor Snowden leaves Hong Kong for Moscow

After much thought on the matter I believe that Snowden is a hypocrite and should stand trial. He apparently valued the law so much that he felt that he had to go public but now he has done so he is also doing everything to evade the law.On top of which he runs to HK and China to evade the law a nation which is known for doing exactly what the NSA did with TOM SKYPE. Now he is off to Russia where SCORM-2 is in operation.
As for Prism and other similar programmes, is it right that Google knows more than the Government? No and if they withheld information that could stop criminals from taking the lives of countless people then that is a good thing. if people are stupid enough to write things on the internet and believe that its private then bigger fool them.
Bring Snowden back and supermax his arse.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Well,

Luckily for him there are people and countries that dont agree with you.
He is gonna live the rest of his life happy on ecuador eating ceviche and drinking cold ones.
Let America diplomacy and government cry. They have ZERO right to police the world and act the way they do.
"I don´t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done"

jclalor

China and Russia are now the Last bastion of human freedom? That's priceless.

No, it is the principle of the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
He knows they don't support the principles of civil liberties, but is taking advantage of their desire to thumb their noses at the US govt.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

China and Russia are now the Last bastion of human freedom? That's priceless.

No, it is the principle of the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
He knows they don't support the principles of civil liberties, but is taking advantage of their desire to thumb their noses at the US govt.

According to a couple of Chinese news outlets (via Google News), Snowden, having been released by HK probably with the acquiescence (and possibly at the behest) of
- China, plans to transit to
- Moscow; thence to
- Cuba; thence to
- Venezuela.

You don't suppose any of them wish to say "Fuck you" to the US, do you?

Word is, the Iranians wanted him to stop over in Tehran, too, but the team said "Nah, too obvious".

:D

Andy9o8

Word is, the Iranians wanted him to stop over in Tehran, too, but the team said "Nah, too obvious".

:D

Oh, that would have been great!:D
Seems like North Korea would have wanted in on this as well.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

With all due respect.

You dont know what I know or what I think.
I dont have any special interest in anyone showing their thumb to the Us government.
I do believe its extremely hypocritical to accuse him of being a spy. When he was working for NSA, or CIA or whichever super-spy-freedom-letssavetheworld-agency he was working for, violating people´s right to privacy was not a problem.
Americans have the right to intercept and file everyone´s privacy but the rest of the world dont have the right to know what you guys do?
Im sorry, It is not fair.
I dislike terrorism as much as you do, but I dont think your government has the right to disrupt my privacy, or anybodies else.

Remember, The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins.

Good day to you
"I don´t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done"

ryoder

I'm surprised by several things in today's events. Why not leave days ago and why announce destinations now?

It's just stupid.

He should have left Hong Kong seconds after doing his last interview.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

He's pretty young, and basically just a professional nerd. I don't think there was a lot of deeper thought on his part put into the planning, prior to engaging capable counsel in HK.

And should be interesting to see if he lands where "announced"; feint and diversion are the oldest tricks in the book.

Hi Fast,

They have ZERO right to police the world and act the way they do.

I agree. I have always been opposed to the Patriot Act. It reminds me of the days of J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI spying on people with no right to do so. The 'right' was only in Hoover's mind.

I know & accept that the CIA probably does/has done some rather nasty stuff. If the feds want to see what emails I send, let them get a warrant.

JerryBaumchen

quade

I'm surprised by several things in today's events. Why not leave days ago and why announce destinations now?

It's just stupid.

He should have left Hong Kong seconds after doing his last interview.

He's not a field agent, and certainly not Jason Bourne. Hell, at his age he's barely a man.

He's 30. He has a Masters from the University of Liverpool. He's a gamer, so he understands planning in advance and strategy. He was an IT Technician for the CIA.

He's not exactly stupid.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver