BillyVance

Explosions at the Boston Marathon finish line area today

NY post is reporting suspect in custody.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

My money is on it being a "white guy nutter".

Sorry.

Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

current copy at that url:
Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.

so at the moment, you're losing that bet, though it would have been my first guess as well with the date of April 15.

During the press conference they stated the fire at the JFK library is linked. This does not need like AQ MO....brown guy nutter.:S

current copy at that url:

so at the moment, you're losing that bet, though it would have been my first guess as well with the date of April 15.

During the press conference they stated the fire at the JFK library is linked. This does not need like AQ MO....brown guy nutter.:S

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

I think the devices were plenty powerful enough considering the security that has been in place for the race, however I agree that I don't think this is going to be a simple matter of picking up a Saudi who was in the blast radius.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

IRA sympathizers

Not a chance. More likely Loyalist Terrorists but highly unlikely to be either.

:|

Where have you been all this morning?

Hm?

Weren't me honest Guv, I was at home all night! :o
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

And what's up with bombing a mechanical room at the JFK library?

OK so someone earlier mentioned Irish Terrorism, so exploring that possibility... The Loyalists are pissed off by the fact that the flag is no longer flown all the time over Belfast town hall, they feel that they are losing power and need to reestablish themselves. Boston is the city where the strongest support for the IRA and wider Republican movement in the USA and gave plenty of funds to IRA bomb makers over the years. And thirdly JFK was a Catholic President of Irish decent. Finally this race took place on Patriots day when the city celebrates kicking out the Brits.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I think the devices were plenty powerful enough considering the security that has been in place for the race, however I agree that I don't think this is going to be a simple matter of picking up a Saudi who was in the blast radius.

Any brown person will do.

I see the update, but I would imagine that AQ would used far more destructive bombs.

The guy could be be involved with Al Qaeda without it being a central AQ plot. He could also be a random sympathiser doing it all on his own.

For example, in the small city in the rural south west of england I lived in a couple of years ago a mentally retarded dole queue guy converted to Islam, researched bomb making on the internet and blew all his fingers off trying to insert a detonator into a home made nail bomb in a shopping centre toilet.

Similarly, 3 men in Birmingham (UKs third city) were recently jailed for making explosives for a bombing campaign who had attended an AQ training centre in Pakistan but ran their own plot after returning.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Lets hope the POTUS gives it a couple of days before he heads down there then, his name sounds pretty suspicious to my ears.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Lets hope the POTUS gives it a couple of days before he heads down there then

He doesn't have to go to Boston to get blamed. I imagine someone in Speaker's Corner will point the finger at him before the day is out.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

If you look at the video you see the bomb go off and at least three runners just kick for the line and then check their watches before doing anything else, hard core runners mate.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

If you look at the video you see the bomb go off and at least three runners just kick for the line and then check their watches before doing anything else, hard core runners mate.

Yup, I noticed that too and it made me chuckle.:D

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Sorry.

***Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.

Boston police are denying that anyone is a suspect. The JFK fire is now being called unrelated.

Sorry.

***Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.

Boston police are denying that anyone is a suspect. The JFK fire is now being called unrelated.

The New York Post seems to have "facts" wildly different from other news sites.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Sorry.

Like saying 22 are dead... (now down to 12 on their site)
Remster

A guy standing next to the blast said it originated from a trash can. Many leg injuries including one guy who got both legs blow off. Other injuries. I'm surprised there would be trash cans there as they can be used to harbor backpacks with explosives.

Sorry.

Like saying 22 are dead... (now down to 12 on their site)

The general news coverage is piss poor, lots of footage due to the nature and location of the event and devices position on the course. However the drive for 24/7 news channels has led to air time being filled with total drivel. Speculation, news anchors talking shite and giving their uninformed opinion on matters of security and even wound management! Just because facts are currently thin on the ground doesn't give media outlets the right to make them up.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I wonder how next Sunday will be at the London Marathon.

Irrelevant; it won't be Kim Il-sung's birthday.

Ahh, the Dear Leader, so far the likely name of the Ter who did this according to this thread suggestions is something like 'Abu Kim Billy Wright Buba'.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca