Andy9o8

Seriously? Yet ANOTHER Republican woman clueless about rape?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/11/celeste-greig-rape_n_2853013.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D282203

Celeste Greig, president of the California Republican Assembly, is feeling the heat from progressive grassroots organizations calling for her resignation after she stated earlier this month that pregnancies from rape are rare.

What's interesting is that she said what she did (which was that the trauma made pregnancy less likely) as she was addressing Todd Akin's mistake (which was that pregnancy from rape was nearly impossible).

If rape deposits semen into a woman's vagina, then there is an equivalent possibility of pregnancy to when it's deposited without rape.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

"Granted, the percentage of pregnancies due to rape is small because it's an act of violence, because the body is traumatized," Greig told the newspaper. "I don't know what percentage of pregnancies are due to the violence of rape. Because of the trauma the body goes through, I don't know what percentage of pregnancy results from the act."

It's not just the lack of biological knowledge. It's the lack of logical knowledge. If you don't know the percentage then you don't really know it's small.
I blame the lack of science and math education in our schools.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

She either said it or she didn't. In her case, she did.

Ok

so exactly, in your expert opinion what did she mean?

I don't know, they are a few ways to look at the statement you posted.

But, keep on with your wide brush

I think you called lawrocket out for an implication like that a little while ago
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

She either said it or she didn't. In her case, she did.

Ok

so exactly, in your expert opinion what did she mean?

I don't know, they there are a few ways to look at the statement you posted.

But, keep on with your wide brush

I think you called lawrocket out for an implication like that a little while ago

If I can trust my eyes, he wrote: "In her case, she did".

What in this is so hard to understand?

I don't know... THAT seems to be the right answer here.

The BS you permanently post here is overwhelming [:/]

dudeist skydiver # 3105

"Granted, the percentage of pregnancies due to rape is small because it's an act of violence, because the body is traumatized," Greig told the newspaper. "I don't know what percentage of pregnancies are due to the violence of rape. Because of the trauma the body goes through, I don't know what percentage of pregnancy results from the act."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Rape-related+pregnancy

If rape deposits semen into a woman's vagina, then there is an equivalent possibility of pregnancy to when it's deposited without rape.

Wendy P.

Maybe they are arguing based on "the upsuck" theory and being, well...republicans, they are not comfortable fully explaining thier position.
;)

She meant that it's OK for the government to pay for abortions. Jeesh Huffington Post taking things out of context to twist to their liberal point of view.

What are you doing in this thread? There are no Negroes to pick on.

You always bring race into it. Now you are twisting things using derogatory terms. The women is black and I never picked on anything she supposedly stated.

Well celeste greig is obviously stupid on this subject. Stupid statement. Conception is biological, not altered by how it occurs. Just as stupid as the senator who thought a woman's conception "shuts down" when raped. Stupid stupid.

But the Democrats have been making their share of stupid statements here.. First some Democrat legislator GUY says (to ban the right of women or anyone from having concealed carry at universities) something to the effect that a woman who is a university student would know when she is about to be assaulted, and would be reacting by doing something, maybe screaming or calling the campus cops or something like that. Implying that the assaulter will wait until the caller is given ample time to call 911 and then wait a little longer, to be able to tell the operator that she isn't really at home but on a campus.............all while the attacker is waiting patiently to attack to let her finish her call, or that a simple scream is an adequate defense. Or something like that. The liberal newspaper kept insisting, in an editorial, that he really didn't mean that the female victim would "actually know", then it changed to "she wouldn't know", then to "she would know and should be able to use her cell phone"..........blah blah This guy was caught saying something totally stupid.

Then, (same issue) after a unversity student testified she was brutally raped and beaten on a campus that banned concealed carry, a FEMALE Democrat legislator said she would have been better off not carrying a concealed pistol, because statistics showed that assaulters can grab a weapon and use it against the woman carrying........to which the assaulted woman said it should be her choice to be defenseless, and not some legislator's. Then the Democrat legislator, still totally convinced that statistics should carry the day and not a woman's (or a man's) individual choice, decided to apologize, then actually didn't apologize, or apologized in a shallow and qualified way - mostly insulting, and insisted the State should decide if a woman is to be defenseless, but kinda qualified it to mean that maybe this particular girl should have been able to defend herself and changed her twisted retorts so many times it looked like she was trying out for a spaghetti competition. It never ended.

Both of these brilliant Democrat legislators showed they can be just as stupid and say stupid stuff, BOTH of which, in the newspaper said they "didn't really mean what they said" then changed and decided they really did mean "something" but "not what was actually said"......then kinda apologized, then after their hollow apologies, reasserted what they had said in the first place, negating the apologies...........yadda yadda. No political party affiliation is without their village idiots, nor without those who deny saying what they said. Democrats included.

Hey, start your own gun thread. This is a rape thread. Jeez, people, focus.

Huh?

Ok, as soon as you do
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

What you got in that lunchbox, kid?

why dont you just come over and see?

Oh yeah? Why don't you make me?

:D:D

Ok

enough