rushmc

"New Research Blows Climate Science Wide Open"

Thought this one needed its own thread

Again

I will not make but one claim

THE SCIENCE IS NOT YET SETTLED

http://www.thegwpf.org/research-blows-climate-science-wide-open/

THE world’s great forests have long been recognised as the lungs of the earth, but the science establishment has been rocked by claims that trees may also be the heart of its climate. Not only do trees fix carbon and produce oxygen; a new and controversial paper says they collectively unleash forces powerful enough to drive global wind patterns and are a core feature in the circulation of the climate system.

If the theory proves correct, the peer-reviewed international paper co-authored by Australian scientist Douglas Sheil will overturn two centuries of conventional wisdom about what makes wind. And it will undermine key principles of every model on which climate predictions are based.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

WHAT?

And kill the fear tactics the AWG alarmists use to help GM sell more VOLTS and other companies sell their hybreds?

If the fear mongering sells one more of these cars it is all worth it
Abraham Lincoln

Trees and vegetation have a very well known effect on climate. The urban heat island is but one very noticeable effect of the lack of trees. And the UHI certainly has a well-established effect on surface winds due to thermal convection above the heat island causing low pressure and drawing breeze into it.

Another is the effect on local climate – plenty of research out there suggests that a very crucial factor in the shrinking of the Kilimanjaro glaciers is local deforestation, which not only changes wind patterns but also limits air moisture due to the lack of vegetative transpiration of water vapor.

This looks like a study that tries to take local research and make it more global. It will be tough to prove or disprove for some time, but it looks like it’s an interesting idea that is being put out there to confirm or rule out

Note: why are you and bill hijacking this thread?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Trees and vegetation have a very well known effect on climate. The urban heat island is but one very noticeable effect of the lack of trees. And the UHI certainly has a well-established effect on surface winds due to thermal convection above the heat island causing low pressure and drawing breeze into it.

Another is the effect on local climate – plenty of research out there suggests that a very crucial factor in the shrinking of the Kilimanjaro glaciers is local deforestation, which not only changes wind patterns but also limits air moisture due to the lack of vegetative transpiration of water vapor.

This looks like a study that tries to take local research and make it more global. It will be tough to prove or disprove for some time, but it looks like it’s an interesting idea that is being put out there to confirm or rule out

A while back I linked an article that had the title bill used in his reply

He brings it up from time to time

I dont know why

I replied to him using his own NRA (if they sell one more gun ) theme on him back as it was just as related[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

I dont know why

I replied to him using his own NRA (if they sell one more gun ) theme on him back as it was just as related[:/]

If forced to guess, I'd say that you didn't make debate team in high school.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I dont know why

I would guess were not voted the smartest guy in your class
Abraham Lincoln

I dont know why

I was by the teachers:P

I dont know why

SO you was the class brown noser

Got it
Abraham Lincoln

I dont know why

Got it

And you were the class clown, no doubt.

I dont know why

Got it

And you were the class clown, no doubt.

With a 4.0
Abraham Lincoln

Thought this one needed its own thread

Again

I will not make but one claim

THE SCIENCE IS NOT YET SETTLED

http://www.thegwpf.org/research-blows-climate-science-wide-open/

THE world’s great forests have long been recognised as the lungs of the earth, but the science establishment has been rocked by claims that trees may also be the heart of its climate. Not only do trees fix carbon and produce oxygen; a new and controversial paper says they collectively unleash forces powerful enough to drive global wind patterns and are a core feature in the circulation of the climate system.

If the theory proves correct, the peer-reviewed international paper co-authored by Australian scientist Douglas Sheil will overturn two centuries of conventional wisdom about what makes wind. And it will undermine key principles of every model on which climate predictions are based.

bump
Abraham Lincoln

BUMP:

“Expert Credibility in Climate Change,” a new study in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, finds that 97-98% of climate researchers examined who are most actively publishing in the field support the IPCC conclusions, i.e., are convinced by the evidence for human-caused climate change, and that the relative climate expertise and scientific prominence of researchers questioning the findings is significantly below that of convinced researchers.

BUMP:

“Expert Credibility in Climate Change,” a new study in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, finds that 97-98% of climate researchers examined who are most actively publishing in the field support the IPCC conclusions, i.e., are convinced by the evidence for human-caused climate change, and that the relative climate expertise and scientific prominence of researchers questioning the findings is significantly below that of convinced researchers.

Which is now proven as credible as the "if you have a gun you are more likely to get shot" lie of a claim

BTW

Is a study done in 2010 new?
Abraham Lincoln

i knew it! i've been wondering for a while how anyone can have such views, but this confirms my suspicion. you actually think we're all still in high school. well, this is real life. it's not a debate team. it's like the old axiom, "just because you don't believe, doesn't mean 'insert item here' doesn't exist."
http://kitswv.com

BUMP:

Only thing I can add about this quote is that just because they are the "most actively publishing in the field" doesn't make them right. Kinda like saying the guy in the debate talking the most is the one who's right.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

BUMP:

Only thing I can add about this quote is that just because they are the "most actively publishing in the field" doesn't make them right. Kinda like saying the guy in the debate talking the most is the one who's right.

No, talking is NOT the same as publishing the results of experiments and analysis in peer reviewed journals.