airdvr

What a surprise - Dorner is dead

Well, was he armed? Because that means he should have been OK. Or is it that if the police were there then everyone should be ok. Or...if he had military experience then he would've been deemed psychologically fit to...I don't know.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Might have been some interesting testimony about the LAPD. Now we'll never know.

Gee...maybe he could have picked up a phone & shot the LA Times an exclusive~

What we DO know is he picked up a gun & was shooting cops...they tend to try to discourage that, how did ya THINK it would end?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

FWIW, he was just too big to hop into women's clothing and slip through the crowds unnoticed; really nowhere to hide that guy. The online manifesto was a poor idea too. I doubt we'll ever know what pushed him over the edge, but lack of income is a likely catalyst.

All I want to know is whether the cops that shot up the two middle aged and elderly hispanic women have been charged with reckless endangerment and assault with a deadly weapon yet. Wrong age, wrong gender, wrong ethnicity, wrong size, and without making any threatening moves. Yes, they were in a pickup truck, but it was a compact, not a half-ton, and of the wrong make and wrong color.

If I had a white ex-girlfriend who drives a green Nissan Sentra make a death threat against me, and the next day I unloaded several dozen rounds into two elderly black men (and several nearby houses and other vehicles) because they were in my neighborhood in a red Toyota Avalon, you can rest assured I would absolutely be behind bars.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

If I had a white ex-girlfriend who drives a green Nissan Sentra make a death threat against me, and the next day I unloaded several dozen rounds into two elderly black men (and several nearby houses and other vehicles) because they were in my neighborhood in a red Toyota Avalon, you can rest assured I would absolutely be behind bars.

Blues,
Dave

You would have "resisted arrest" and been "subdued" with, thank God, no injuries to the heroic officers who protectecd the public with their quick apprehesion of you, the gunman. You would be in the hospital. Or dead.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Blues,
Dave

You would have "resisted arrest" and been "subdued" with, thank God, no injuries to the heroic officers who protectecd the public with their quick apprehesion of you, the gunman. You would be in the hospital. Or dead.

The medals...DON'T FORGET THE MEDALS! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You're going to have a hard time convincing me there was a credible reason to rain lead into that vehicle.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I especially liked the "a suspect tried to exit the rear of the cabin but was pushed back in" part of last night's coverage of the roast.
The way the fire was reported, one would think the police intentionally set the fire.

There was never any question in my mind that he might actually survive his entry into custody. The fire worked perfectly in that regard.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Hmmm...Waco redux.

And you really think that just by saying "Waco", like it's some kind of Battle Cry Of The Free Man, that that really makes it an apt comparison? It doesn't.

He didn't just murder "combatants", he deliberately targeted and murdered 2 total civilians. My only regret is that he probably was able to euthanize himself with a shot to the head before the flames of Hell consumed him.

I fully understand how critical it is to deal with someone basically hunting other humans down and killing them....

It's just pretty scary to realize our own government kills it's citizens with no regard. We all be OK with this too.

With no regard to what, Mark? Due process? Believe me, I'm all about due process. But at some point the line gets crossed to where the rules of engagement become "lethality first". This was such an instance.

All I want to know is whether the cops that shot up the two middle aged and elderly hispanic women have been charged with reckless endangerment and assault with a deadly weapon yet. Wrong age, wrong gender, wrong ethnicity, wrong size, and without making any threatening moves. Yes, they were in a pickup truck, but it was a compact, not a half-ton, and of the wrong make and wrong color.

Blues,
Dave

yeah, I was actually wondering if they had the right cabin? Maybe he was in the red one a couple of doors down?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

I will say that in this circumstance I believe the use of deadly force was authorized. He'd killed another cop and was armed. That's deadly force authorization.

Plus he'd said some hurtful things about said cops, and didn't have the good sense to just whisper them.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

I fully understand how critical it is to deal with someone basically hunting other humans down and killing them....

It's just pretty scary to realize our own government kills it's citizens with no regard. We all be OK with this too.

With no regard to what, Mark? Due process? Believe me, I'm all about due process. But at some point the line gets crossed to where the rules of engagement become "lethality first". This was such an instance.

Yep. The due process ball was in his court. He could have surrendered at any point and received way more due process than he gave any of his victims.

Despite all of the technology advances of the past thirty years the "vehicle stop" remains one of the most dangerous situations in existence; when things go wrong it happens in seconds. Add in language and IQ barriers and it gets worse. It doesn't matter if you have the cover of a backup with a 12-guage or an APC with a 20-mm cannon whoever is the point is likely going down.

That said this is sort of case lawyer's dreams are made of.

I will say that in this circumstance I believe the use of deadly force was authorized. He'd killed another cop and was armed. That's deadly force authorization.

Plus he'd said some hurtful things about said cops, and didn't have the good sense to just whisper them. Blues, Dave

C'mon, Dave, you're minimizing. It wasn't good enough for him to kill an "enemy" who was arguably (albeit perversely) a "combatant". No, he had to hurt that enemy worse than causing his death by murdering his little girl, so the enemy would have to live with that. That's just pure evil.