ShcShc11

Israel readies to invade Gaza

Netanyahu ordered the Israel army to be combat-ready and called in an additional 75k troops for a possible invasion of the Gaza Strip.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/16/world/meast/gaza-israel-strike/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I usually tend to defend Israel but I'm not too sure about this (didn't put enough thoughts).

What do you guys think?

Cheers!
Shc

What do you guys think?

Well, assuming this latest exchange was preceded by a significant period of quietude in which neither side was shooting at each other, I'd look to figuring out who started shooting first.

Then I'd look to who started shooting first the previous similar time. Then the one before that, then the one before that. Then I'd see if there was some kind of discernible pattern.

No matter who you ask, the answer is always "the other guys." For more distant commentators, it's "the guys I don't like." The facts do t really matter when it conflicts with their worldview.

Reality, on the other hand, shows a significant trend in one direction. So if your aforementioned pattern does appear, what next?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Netanyahu ordered the Israel army to be combat-ready and called in an additional 75k troops for a possible invasion of the Gaza Strip.

One of my close friends left the US military after Desert Storm because he didn't see any combat on the horizon for us so he joined the Foreign Legion looking for action. I'm starting to think the Israeli military might be in the cards for me if they keep sticking us on the shelf.

On that note, anybody know of any good Hebrew language schools in the area?!

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I say let Israel clean out the Gaza Strip. There's no way in hell that Hamas is going to stop trying to shoot rockets at Israel, and any peace deals be damned. Hamas just doesnt care. Fuck 'em. This time, finish the job, Israel. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm starting to think the Israeli military might be in the cards for me if they keep sticking us on the shelf.

Profile : GQ_jumper

I'm thinking you could probably ply your trade pretty much anywhere.

Well as much I dearly love the work ethic of most people's moms I tend to have trouble getting work visas for that sort of profession, its more of a closed borders operation :P
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I say let Israel clean out the Gaza Strip. There's no way in hell that Hamas is going to stop trying to shoot rockets at Israel, and any peace deals be damned. Hamas just doesnt care. Fuck 'em. This time, finish the job, Israel. :|

We call that genocide, and it's generally frowned upon. Part of why Israel can claim the moral high ground is not trying to exterminate the opposition. There are good folks in Gaza, even if most of them are dumb enough to elect Hamas.

Historical analogy: We didn't "finish the job" when we invaded Germany in the 1940s, did we? No, that's what their leader - also elected by democratic vote - was trying to do to a certain group relevant to today's story.

Additional proof that Israel isn't out to empty the Palestinian lands: they're not attacking the West Bank or the Golan Heights.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

What do you guys think?

I think Israel is about to kick some ass!

Gotta get Ha and Hez in check before they kick Iran's ass.

That was my thoughts on this.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

What do you guys think?

I think Israel is about to kick some ass!.

Yea so much honor for the idf killing kids,, they must feel like such heros...then again there brained washed from birth to think they are better then everyone else. I don't think they view anyone not apart of there trib as human. Racism is the culture of Israel and so apart of who they are that there actually proud of it.

It will go on forever. U can't argue logicly about a land dispute when one side says god promised them the land.... really thats awesome he promised me a lambo... fucking idiots in the world.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

And the Palestinians (and Muslims in general) feel the same way about Jerusalem. That Allah has promised it to them. Both sides are indoctrinated from birth to hate the other.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

And the Palestinians (and Muslims in general) feel the same way about Jerusalem.

Then why did they fire rockets at Jerusalem too?
I guess they hate Israelis more than they love Jerusalem...

Or to quote Golda Meir: "Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.”

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

They fire rockets there because it is controlled by Israel. I'm sure they would not mind burning the whole city to the ground (well at least the Christian and Hebrew monuments and such) and rebuilding it completely to Islam. It's not so much the "stuff" that's there as it is just the "place" itself.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Yea so much honor for the idf killing kids,, they must feel like such heros....

So how does Hamas feel about killing not only Israeli civilians but their own children?

Oh, that's right, they're ok with that too because they just blame the IDF and parade the "victims" in front of visiting dignitaries.

Bloggers Spot More Dead Child Fakery by Hamas; CNN Fooled

Even CNN retracted videos of victims and called Hamas out on faking them.
witty subliminal message
1*

And the Palestinians (and Muslims in general) feel the same way about Jerusalem. That Allah has promised it to them. Both sides are indoctrinated from birth to hate the other.

Thats bollocks, this isn't a Muslim Jew problem, this is a turf war.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'm dog tired of this, Israel is killing women and children there is no doubt about that, Hamas is doing the same and both have for years. I am so sick of people trying to claim that one set of baby killing psychos are so much better than the others. I'm also sick of innocents being murdered not only by Israel but by the Syrian government and the Bahraini government, hideous human rights abuses all around the world by stupid violent apes that we humans are. Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu etc.. I really don't care, no more excuses its all to fucked up.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'm dog tired of this, Israel is killing women and children there is no doubt about that, Hamas is doing the same and both have for years. I am so sick of people trying to claim that one set of baby killing psychos are so much better than the others. I'm also sick of innocents being murdered not only by Israel but by the Syrian government and the Bahraini government, hideous human rights abuses all around the world by stupid violent apes that we humans are. Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu etc.. I really don't care, no more excuses its all to fucked up.

Apes usually don't kill each other off this much.
While very strong, intimdating, and capable of violence; they are actually pretty peaceable creatures.

I'm kind of tired of humans calling other humans who are vicious, violent and brutal "animals."

Very few animals kill each other for the hell of it. (yes, there are exceptions for territory and offspring of others and such, but nowhere near the level of humans).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

While very strong, intimdating, and capable of violence; they are actually pretty peaceable creatures.

Spent much time around a troop of chimpanzees?

Apes usually don't kill each other off this much.

Very few animals kill each other for the hell of it. (yes, there are exceptions for territory and offspring of others and such, but nowhere near the level of humans).

A) There are a heck of a lot more humans than other apes. B) They haven't invented useful weaponry yet.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Thats bollocks, this isn't a Muslim Jew problem, this is a turf war.

Bullshit its both. If you don't see that you don't know the history of either side. Having Jews occupying Jerusalem is second only to them occupying Mecca to the Muslims. So it is a religious turf war.

- RiggerLee

:D You're funny.