jclalor

Colin Powell endorsed Barack Obama for president only because he's black.

Usually the person making a claim, like blacks vote for Obama cause he is black, would have to prove the causation and correlation.

Since you seem to believe the above to be true, please provide something to prove the causation and correlation of the numbers posted above?

You may even provide some actual sources, since the numbers above relate to some study some guy remembered seeing at some point.

This is all about as "truthy" as anonymous guys calling into talk shows.

Translation

You cant come up with a reason
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You may even provide some actual sources, since the numbers above relate to some study some guy remembered seeing at some point.

I have a fantastic memory! The numbers I stated are within +/-3% I'd say. But just to please you since you automatically assume I'm full of it:

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/Ken-Walshs-Washington/2012/08/23/poll-romney-a-zero-among-black-voters

The poll i saw was on tv so not the one linked, but the same basic idea. Does it astonish you that black people would want a black president?
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

Great, thanks. So the poll is based on a sample size of 100. equates back to a 90% confidence level.

The results with a sample size of 100 aren't that reliable.

Never mind that it still doesn't speak to correlation or causation. But rushmc is going to provide proof of that :D:D:ph34r::ph34r:

"The poll found that 94 percent of African Americans plan to vote for President Obama, and not one of the more than 100 black voters surveyed (among a larger sample of 1,000) said he or she plans to vote for Romney."

Sounds like 100 were surveyed out of the 1000 sample group, does it not? I'm sure 1000 is representable enough. Feel free to answer my other question tho: why is it crazy to believe that black people want a black president?
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

I agree, it sure as hell isn't because he is worth a damn as a president!

Another victim of the corporate owned media contributes a parroting of disinformation that is credible to the poorly informed.

A conspiracy to intentionally sabotage the Obama presidency was hatched on the eve of the inaguration. In spite of their best efforts, the Obama has been remarkably successful in many areas. Just think how much further along the road to recovery We, the People, could have been if the conspirators had chosen country over party. It is unfortunate for the country that so many people are so easily led to believe things that are not factually correct, aka, LIES, and enable the thugs that already wrecked the country once.

If the same people, with the same policies, end up back in power, do you really expect different results? Really? Are you really that easily fooled?
In what is sure to help cause a terrible outcome for the average citizens of the USA, the answer is YES.

Take a look at the folks on RMoneys team. ShrubCo retreads comprise the great majority. Do you really want the neocon nutbags to run the show again? Why do you hate the USA so much?

Usually the person making a claim, like blacks vote for Obama cause he is black, would have to prove the causation and correlation.

Since you seem to believe the above to be true, please provide something to prove the causation and correlation of the numbers posted above?

Translation

OK, here's the reason (even though it's a waste of time to try to discourse with you; others will still read it):

Blacks vote 90% Democratic in all presidential elections because they realize fully well that Republicans will fuck them right up the ass.

Go ahead, amuse us and "rebut".

I saw a poll a couple weeks ago that showed potential voters for each candidate by race. I can't remember exactly the numbers but I remember what I got out of it:

Whites:
Romney - 49% (or 51)
Obama - 51% (or 49)

Blacks:
Romney - 4%
Obama - 96%

Judging by those numbers, its not crazy to believe the title of this thread.

Just for comparison:

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/elections/presidential/presidential_election.html

2000 Election:

Whites:
Bush - 55%
Gore - 42%

Blacks:
Bush - 9%
Gore - 90%

2004 Election:

Whites:
Bush - 58%
Kerry - 41%

Blacks:
Bush - 11%
Kerry - 88%

National debt has grown by about $5 trillion under Obama
Gas price when Obama took office $1.84 now $3.85
Unemployment rate Up
Labor force participation down
Individuals receiving monthly food stamps went up
Guantanamo bay still in operation
Bipartisanship worse than ever
Promised transparency, wont answer questions half the time

FROM POLITIFACT UNBROKEN CAMPAIGN PROMISES

Increase the capital gains and dividends taxes for higher-income taxpayers

Increase capital gains and dividends taxes from 15 to 20 percent for those making more than $250,000 (couples) or $200,000 (single)

Expand the child and dependent care credit

Expand and make refundable the child and dependent care credit.

Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners

Create a $10 billion fund to help homeowners refinance or sell their homes. "The Fund will not help speculators, people who bought vacation homes or people who falsely represented their incomes."

Provide option for a pre-filled-out tax form

Will direct the Internal Revenue Service to "give taxpayers the option of a pre-filled tax form to verify, sign and return to the IRS or online. This will eliminate the need for Americans to hire expensive tax preparers and to gather information that the federal government already has on file."

Create a mortgage interest tax credit for non-itemizers

Create a refundable tax credit equal to 10 percent of mortgage interest for nonitemizers, up to a maximum credit of $800.

Require automatic enrollment in 401(k) plans

Automatic enrollment in 401(k) plans for workers whose employers offer retirement plans.

Require automatic enrollment in IRA plans

Require employers who do not offer retirement plans to offer their workers access to automatic IRAs and contribute via payroll deduction.

Create a retirement savings tax credit for low incomes

A tax credit for retirement savings up to $500 (couples) or $250 (singles). Phases out when incomes exceed $65,000 (couples) or $32,500 (single). Indexed for inflation.

End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000

"Will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year. This will eliminate taxes for 7 million seniors -- saving them an average of $1,400 a year-- and will also mean that 27 million seniors will not need to file an income tax return at all."

End no-bid contracts above $25,000

"Will ensure that federal contracts over $25,000 are competitively bid."

Create a $60 billion bank to fund roads and bridges

"Will address the infrastructure challenge by creating a National Infrastructure Reinvestment Bank to expand and enhance, not supplant, existing federal transportation investments. This independent entity will be directed to invest in our nation's most challenging transportation infrastructure needs. The Bank will receive an infusion of federal money, $60 billion over 10 years, to provide financing to transportation infrastructure projects across the nation. These projects will create up to two million new direct and indirect jobs and stimulate approximately $35 billion per year in new economic activity."

Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes

Repeal the Bush tax cuts for those making more than $250,000 (couples) or $200,000 (single)

Phase out exemptions and deductions for higher earners

Restore the phaseouts of personal exemptions and itemized deductions for those making more than $250,000 (couples) or $200,000 (single), with threshholds indexed for inflation.

Sign the Employee Free Choice Act, making it easier for workers to unionize

"Obama is a cosponsor and strong advocate of the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA), a bipartisan effort to make the unionization process more transparent and increase penalties on companies that violate employee rights. He will sign EFCA into law as president."

Lift the payroll tax cap on earnings above $250,000

"Barack Obama believes that the first place to look to strengthen Social Security is the payroll tax system. Obama believes that one strong option is increasing the maximum amount of earnings covered by Social Security by lifting the payroll tax cap on only earnings above $250,000."

Forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving executives bonuses

"Protect the jobs and benefits of workers and retirees when corporations file for bankruptcy by telling companies that they cannot issue bonuses for executives during bankruptcy while their workers watch their pensions disappear."

Allow workers to claim more in unpaid wages and benefits in bankruptcy court

"Increase the amount of unpaid wages and benefits workers can claim in bankruptcy court against their employer."

Allow imported prescription drugs

"Allow Americans to buy their medicines from other developed countries if the drugs are safe and prices are lower outside the U.S."

Prevent drug companies from blocking generic drugs

"Prevent drug companies from blocking generic drugs from consumers."

Allow Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices

Yea we are SOOOO much better off............

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Translation

OK, here's the reason (even though it's a waste of time to try to discourse with you; others will still read it):

Blacks vote 90% Democratic in all presidential elections because they realize fully well that Republicans will fuck them right up the ass.

Go ahead, amuse us and "rebut".

When, in your post, you say "the Republicans will fuck them up the ass, why rebut?

The premise is so stupid to begin with the laughter has already begun
Abraham Lincoln

When, in your post, you say "the Republicans will fuck them up the ass, why rebut?

The premise is so stupid to begin with the laughter has already begun

Translation, I have been shown wrong once again.

Just rebut the numbers above genius.:D:D

When the premise is this stupid, one is smart not to wade into it

Something you need to learn
Abraham Lincoln

Sounds like 100 were surveyed out of the 1000 sample group, does it not?

Yup a thousand people were surveyed. 100 identified as black. So now the poll is trying to draw conclusions from that subsample of 100.

why is it crazy to believe that black people want a black president?

I am sure some of them do. Just like some white people want a white president. I give the majority of people credit for thinking a bit more beyond that.

As has already been pointed out, blacks tend to vote democrat in overwhelming numbers.

In plain words, your premise is bullshit.

When the premise is this stupid

Well at least you admit that blacks voting for Obama cause he is black is a stupid premise.

and now the typical dishonest liberal twist of a post

I think I can predict what you will do next:D
Abraham Lincoln

real question:
Can one of you liberal folk give me a straight, unbiased, factually true explanation on how republicans fuck over the black community? I truthfully am curious.

not real question:
Can one of you liberal folk provide video evidence of a member of the republican party performing anal sex with a member of the black community? I'd prefer heterosexual thank you. :$
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

real question:
Can one of you liberal folk give me a straight, unbiased, factually true explanation on how republicans fuck over the black community? I truthfully am curious.

Only somewhat tnogue in cheek answer:

I am sure that the guy in the subject line feels pretty fucked over by republicans.

With this forum really heating up politically I would like to disclose my worst fear.

The incumbent president gets re-elected and some white nutter goes out and kills him and...

Joe Biden becomes president. I'm sorry but BHO is a vastly better choice. Joe Biden AND Nancy Pelosi are truly both FUCKING IDIOTS.

If that happens, and the SHTF you'll find all your extreme leftists crouching behind the people with large caliber weapons.

With this forum really heating up politically I would like to disclose my worst fear.

The incumbent president gets re-elected and some white nutter goes out and kills him and...

I think in the last few presidencies, the selection of VP by the Pres has been very strategic as a "protection method to avoid assassinations". You really have to wonder if that wasn't the primary reason for the selection in the first place.

Seriously: Biden, Cheney, Gore, Quayle

Seriously, name me a single nutbag from the opposite team that would have wanted to switch to the VP at the time.

Frankly, name me single nutbag from either team that would want to switch any of these 4 at ANY time.

{{Sure, Gore took a run at it later, but I suspect everyone from both teams is breathing a big sigh of relief now that his fermenting personality is becoming more and more apparent.}}

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think in the last few presidencies, the selection of VP by the Pres has been very strategic as a "protection method to avoid assassinations". You really have to wonder if that wasn't the primary reason for the selection in the first place.

Seriously, name me a single nutbag from the opposite team that would have wanted to switch to the VP at the time.

Frankly, name me single nutbag from either team that would want to switch any of these 4 at ANY time.

{{Sure, Gore took a run at it later, but I suspect everyone from both teams is breathing a big sigh of relief now that his fermenting personality is becoming more and more apparent.}}

----------------------------------------------
Thats a great point sir. Touche'

Thats what everyone was thinking before he was elected (myself included) it didn't happen, I doubt it will this time around or is there an increased likelihood? If so on what grounds do you base your fear?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I would agree about Biden, Gore and especially Quayle. However I do remember many voting for Bush in 2000 because Cheney was on the ticket and that Bush had "surrounded himself with smart and highly experienced people."

To add to that, I think plenty of republicans would have been happy with Cheney in 2012 weren't it for that persistent cardiac condition of his.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.