jclalor

Obama condemns killing of U.S. ambassador to Libya

Is it me or does this all seem a little too well coordinated?
Two countries two attacks at almost the same time over something no one knows about nor cares about?
This smells funny!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

There seems to be less hostility in these forums against christianity than in the past...

I wonder if all those religious antagonists now agree with Hillary in that the "United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others?"

I also wonder how they feel about her attack on free speech?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I wonder if all those religious antagonists now agree with Hillary in that the "United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others?"

You can deplore what someone says without attacking his right to say it. So I don't think she made an "attack on free speech."

I can't wait for Mitt and the GOP to put the blame On Obama, I thought Obama's speech was right on the mark.

Already Have http://news.yahoo.com/romney-early-us-response-attacks-disgrace-031350301--election.html

That did not take long, Mitt's always a classy guy.

Amazing how many people out there vocally criticize Romney but haven't said a critical word of the mob that killed our ambassador.

"Boy, that Romney is such a classless guy. How dare he criticize the events that immediately preceded the death of our ambassador? Those Muslims DID have their feelings hurt. How dare Romney not acknowledge that?! He should wait until the President pledges that Justice will be done, twelve hours after the Ambassador died.

Face it - any criticism of Obama by Romney will be classless. Y'all are no different from the fucks that said that criticism of Bush 11 years ago yesterday was classless.

Bullshit. The criticisms are valid. It IS the topic for discussion whether the Marines should have been ordered to lock, load and rotate the selector switches to burst instead of trying to group hug those who were set on killing our representative.

Unless you haven't figured it out, attempts to hug and kiss and sympathize don't work for people who are uninterested in it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I can't wait for Mitt and the GOP to put the blame On Obama, I thought Obama's speech was right on the mark.

Already Have http://news.yahoo.com/romney-early-us-response-attacks-disgrace-031350301--election.html

That did not take long, Mitt's always a classy guy.

He gave you what you were "waiting for." You started a thread about this apparently to make it about Romney. Just sayin'.....

You can deplore what someone says without attacking his right to say it. So I don't think she made an "attack on free speech."

The US government is attempting to chill free speech by denouncing "the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims." You've got the government stating to private citizens that there is certain private speech that it views as uncool. based solely on the CONTENT of the speech, not on the act of speaking. Not on the time, place or manner but what the speech SAID.

Versus saying, "We disagree with the content of the film and the points that it is trying to make, but in America we suck it up. Any Muslim who wants to speak against it, feel free. But if you choose violence to stop this speech, we will make you martyrs faster that you can say 'Alla Akhbar.'"

I hate to say it but they should have shot first and asked questions later.
And if the people didn't like it we will take our money and our education system and let them deal with the Russians or the Chinese!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I hate to say it but they should have shot first and asked questions later.
And if the people didn't like it we will take our money and our education system and let them deal with the Russians or the Chinese!

Let's denounce you as unclassy! How dare you use the death of the Ambassador to make a point about the folly of the initial approach?!

" You've got the government stating to private citizens that there is certain private speech that it views as uncool. based solely on the CONTENT of the speech, not on the act of speaking. Not on the time, place or manner but what the speech SAID.

Then again, there is that whole thing about shouting "fire" in a crowded theater.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

hen again, there is that whole thing about shouting "fire" in a crowded theater.

Yes. Far be it for someone to shout "fire" in a crowded theater. Even when there IS a fire in the theater. When that happens we should simply give the fire a few briquets and try to satiate it.

What are the odds of an eventual anti-religious war?

Every one of these "incidents" involving radical Islamists only adds to the hate for the entire religion. Time for an inquisition of historic scale?

:P

I'm with you, let's get rid of all these extremists from all sides.
I'm tired of these people.
they kill and then they expect to be treated with respect?
the only good place for a religious extremist is looking squarely at a barrel of a gun!

I completely agree that the government (as well as previous ones) "deplores any international effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others."
Stating that you deplore something does not however, constitute repression; it is not an attack on free speech any more than saying you deplore racism.

"Boy, that Romney is such a classless guy. How dare he criticize the events that immediately preceded the death of our ambassador? Those Muslims DID have their feelings hurt. How dare Romney not acknowledge that?! He should wait until the President pledges that Justice will be done, twelve hours after the Ambassador died

Romney criticized a press release that was posted online by the press officer at the embassy in Cairo, that was also never cleared by the WH, six hours before any riots started.

I'll admit I don't know much about Islam.
The media tries to tell me that they want all other religions dead.

There's no such thing as "the Islam" because just like Christianity there's many different takes on the religion. Mainly because the quran is of the same incoherent ambiguous quality as other Holy Books like the bible. As I understand it the ultimate goal of Islam seems to be a world ruled by Muslims, in which other religions ride the back-seat. Christians, for example, are free to practice their religion but have less rights than Muslims and pay extra taxes. Religious segregation as it were. Mind you that anything that isn't Abrahamic monotheism usually doesn't count as religion, but is considered to be something akin idolatry. Idolaters are in the same category of non-believers: lower than pigs and usually considered to be unworthy of life.

Romney criticized a press release that was posted online by the press officer at the embassy in Cairo, that was also never cleared by the WH, six hours before any riots started.

Yep. I hate to break this to you, but when Ollie North was running wild, Reagan was his boss and Reagan had to deal with it.

Hillary Clinton is the supervisor. The President is her supervisor. Shit rolls uphill, and when you're the boss you take on the responsibility. if you're going to take credit for a few guys killing bin Laden in Pakistan then you also live with taking the blame for press releases by your subordinates.

It's the nature of the game. What will change my opinion? If it comes out that Stevens approved the released statement then I'll give that due weight. But since the policy of the Administration has seemed to be one of appeasement, then a review of world history indicates the grave danger that appeasement poses.

Yep. I hate to break this to you, but when Ollie North was running wild, Reagan was his boss and Reagan had to deal with it.

Hillary Clinton is the supervisor. The President is her supervisor. Shit rolls uphill, and when you're the boss you take on the responsibility. if you're going to take credit for a few guys killing bin Laden in Pakistan then you also live with taking the blame for press releases by your subordinates.

It's the nature of the game. What will change my opinion? If it comes out that Stevens approved the released statement then I'll give that due weight. But since the policy of the Administration has seemed to be one of appeasement, then a review of world history indicates the grave danger that appeasement poses.

Did you miss the part I bolded? I'm currently unaware of anything inappropriate in the press release at the time it was given. I'm waiting to see Obama's response, but I'm guessing it will be more deliberate and measured than Romney's itchy trigger finger trying to score political points.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)