RonD1120

Is your family income > $250K; $150K

He has no neck.
His shirt is too big.
If he's making the kind of money he's worried about being taxed additionally on, why can't he afford a dentist?
We cannot deduct sales tax. How does he think this is currently possible?

I'm by no means trying to push for support of any candidate. I personally don't want either option we're given.
But this guy is whacko.
How's his hooker friend doing these days anyway?

You can deduct sales tax, or you can deduct state income tax and property tax.

People don't want to be bothered with the record keeping required to support a sales tax itemized deduction.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Watch this video from Dick Morris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=-wIfI2whjiM

He's a LIAR. His very first statement about tax rates is untrue. Raising the TOP MARGINAL RATE by 5% doesn't increase the tax on a couple earning $250k by $12.5k.

So having established himself as a deliberate LIAR, why should we believe anything at all that he says subsequently?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

He is a leader of the tribe. Accuracy and facts have no place in discussions of the evil "other" who is a bogeyman to the sheeple of the tribe.
No questioning or criticism of tribal leaders is permitted. One must follow the leaders with absolute devotion.

In other words, one must be a good German, no matter how heinous the actions of the leaders are. No questioning of authority is allowed.

He's a LIAR. His very first statement about tax rates is untrue. Raising the TOP MARGINAL RATE by 5% doesn't increase the tax on a couple earning $250k by $12.5k.

How much does it increase?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Watch this video written by Aaron Sorkin:

(short version):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pzqq9sxKkY

(long version):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAvwSp86hY

You liberal New Yorkers are funny. Do you know my great niece, Erika McCleod? She is in the entertainment industry as well.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

How much does it increase?

A small business owner earning $251,000 would pay the Bush rate on the first $250,000 and the old Clinton rate on just $1,000.

So the tax INCREASE would be 5% of $1000, or $50.

It is AMAZING that anyone with a grain of intelligence or math skills could be taken in by the LIE.

Clearly it shows the contempt with which Republicans hold US voters.

So having established himself as a deliberate LIAR, why should we believe anything at all that he says subsequently?

This is politics, if you dismiss anything anyone said after their first lie you'd have to put earmuffs on until November and throw darts at a ballot.

I agree this guy clearly and deliberately misrepresents how marginal rates and exemptions work, but according to TPC Obama's plan to change the top brackets has one that starts below $250K going up, which would cost around $1100 for a person making $250K. So when Obama says he's not raising taxes on the middle class if you make less then $250K/yr, try and muster up about 1/12th the disgust you have for this guy and apply accordingly.

As for the elimination of various deductions and FICA caps, he's closer on his calculations but I can't readily find information on what Obama actually plans to do. All I get from campaign sites are info-graphics for 6th graders and qualitative claims. If I follow the trend set above by Obama saying he won't get rid of them and this guy exaggerating how bad they'll hurt, I'd guess that it'll cost a few thousand here and a few thousand there, maybe $5-10K total for a $250K household.

This is politics, if you dismiss anything anyone said after their first lie you'd have to put earmuffs on until November and throw darts at a ballot.

I agree this guy clearly and deliberately misrepresents how marginal rates and exemptions work, but according to TPC.

I must be reading those tables differently from you. I see NO tax rate increase of 5% anywhere in them, and for a married couple, the top marginal rate only goes up under the Obama 2013 proposal for income above $266,100. So for $250k there's no change.

I must be reading those tables differently from you. I see NO tax rate increase of 5% anywhere in them, and for a married couple, the top marginal rate only goes up under the Obama 2013 proposal for income above $266,100. So for $250k there's no change.

I never defended Morris's 5% number. Also, I'm not married.

I never defended Morris's 5% number. Also, I'm not married.

SEE THE THREAD TITLE. The $250k number in Morris's lying video applies to married couples (see at 0:40)

It is AMAZING that anyone with a grain of intelligence or math skills could be taken in by the obvious LIE.

Clearly it shows the contempt with which Republicans hold US voters.

SEE THE THREAD TITLE.

Relax.

What's amazing to me is that you interpret my posts as having been "taken in" by Morris's video.

Relax yourself. Comment not directed at you, since you wrote previously "I agree this guy clearly and deliberately misrepresents how marginal rates and exemptions work"

And you believe that's not a lie as well. I'll see your Dick Morris lie and raise you that every one of those dochebags is lying, including your hero. Take a quick look at the lies Barry laid out...gitmo, defecit cut by half, unemploymenrt below 8%, transparent gov't.....

So I'll go back to what I said months ago; this election will be decided by whomever tells the most believable lies.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

So I'll go back to what I said months ago; this election will be decided by whomever tells the most believable lies.

Well, the GOP tells the most lies (not that they aren't easy to debunk). It says something about their contempt for the intelligence of voters.

And you believe that's not a lie as well. I'll see your Dick Morris lie and raise you that every one of those dochebags is lying, including your hero. Take a quick look at the lies Barry laid out...gitmo, defecit cut by half, unemploymenrt below 8%, transparent gov't.....

Dont forget GM
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You liberal New Yorkers are funny.***

Thanks Ron, we do try. Like it says in the ads for the Manhattan Mini-Storage company: "NYC -- tolerant of your beliefs. Judgemental of your shoes."

:D:D

Dont forget GM

Fascinating that you should bring up Ryan's lie about GM.

You liberal New Yorkers are funny.***

Thanks Ron, we do try. Like it says in the ads for the Manhattan Mini-Storage company: "NYC -- tolerant of your beliefs. Judgemental of your shoes."

:D:D

Well, Ron, it seems that no-one is agreeing with Mr. Morris's rant.

Thanks for bring to our attention yet another GOP lie, though;)

Dont forget GM

Fascinating that you should bring up Ryan's lie about GM.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/316379/democrats-gm-fiction-editors

The GM bailout was a bad deal for GM’s creditors, for U.S. taxpayers, and, in the long run, for the U.S. automobile industry and our overall national competitiveness. No wonder the Democrats are campaigning on a fictionalized account of it.

Abraham Lincoln

Don't forget the fact that they are once again on the brink of bankruptcy.

How's that hosing market bailout working for us?

It is now very very clear that there was only ONE goal for the Obama admin in the GM case

Make the auto workers union happy

Everyone else and the country got screwed in the aftermath of this scam
Abraham Lincoln