shah269

Why won't the GOP relax a little

You know Obama is not in a good place right now.

I beg to differ, he is doing fine - and with comments like Todd Akin, whose views are actually shared by a larger part of the GOP than they are willing to admit, the election is already won barring some Democratic disaster.

Akin was just the only one who was actually stupid enough to stand up and say what he really believes in. It will probably undo the election for the GOP. Ryan shares the same view, along with many others. Mitt is incapable of making a comment without consulting his Koch brothers and whoever else is pulling his strings.

As we get closer, the extreme views will be seen, people will choose moderate over extreme when they get into the booth.

>Name one Republican leader who hasn't condemned Akins remarks.

====
“I definitely believe that he should still be a member of Congress,” said Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) “If everyone truly understood this man, and knew this man like I do . . . they would be honored to have him as a congressman.”
====
On Wednesday, (State Representative Wayne) Wallingford expressed unwavering support for Akin despite this week's controversy, saying he believes Akin is "still a great conservative candidate."
====
Rep. Joe Walsh (8th District) criticized Republican leaders for abandoning Akin. . . ."I’m bothered by the silence of members of our own party to stand up for him."
====

I'd just like people to think a little more about the results of their actions and be more willing to be responsible for the consequences.

I'd just like people like you to accept that it's none of your damn business what a woman does with her own body.

I guess the FACT that I am pro-choice and have stated so in this thread escapes you. :S

Easy to say. Your unwavering support of a party whose platform continues to include a total ban on abortions says otherwise.

Do you agree with every bit of the DNC's platform? Most thinking people vote for the party whose position is *most* like their own, which is almost guaranteed to not be identical. It's only the brain-dead who adopt as their own whatever positions their favorite party tells them to.

Personally, I disagree with the Democrats on gun control, affirmative action, hate crime legislation, a LOT of entitlements for the unwwilling (vs unable), their admanant hatred for the wealthy, and many union issues. I disagree with the Republicans on matters of individual freedom, civil rights, religous subservience, corporatocratic tendencies, their fervent allegiance to the wealthy, and their obsession with an ever growing military. Both sides have some pretty whacked ideas, so I generally go with the one I consider less morally repulsive.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I said leader. Surely if there is this vast amount of support for Akins you should be able to find dozens of leaders who support Akins.

Admit it, once again, lefties are being spun so the DNC is distracted from Afghanistan(remember?) unemployment, the economy, the deficit etc. I think the Amrican public isn't as stupid as you think they are.

>Try yelling fire in a theater and then claiming they stampeded by their own choice.

An unusually bad attempt even for you.

That's funny - you criticizing analogies.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>I said leader.

So GOP senators and representatives aren't GOP leaders? Interesting. I guess you can prove pretty much whatever you like by defining your words carefully enough.

Which current Republican POTUS has failed to condemn Akin's remarks? I bet you can't think of a single one, can you?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Admit it, once again, lefties are being spun so the DNC is distracted from Afghanistan(remember?) unemployment, the economy, the deficit etc.

Nothing much has changed on the Afghanistan, employment, economy, or deficit fronts in the last week. What has changed is near record numbers of GOP candidates saying abnormally retarded things to the press. And you consider it odd that folks are discussing these statements?

Blues
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Nothing much has changed on the Afghanistan, employment, economy, or deficit fronts in the last week.

true - it's still the same trauma as last week - but I understand that an economy has ways to recover from "legitimate executive orders"

(see what I did there? tying up the rape of the economy by the current administration with a more sensitive recent news story. Just narrating this for the slow folks. Let's see who gets outraged......or throws it back to Bush, or even Carter, at some point)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>I said leader.

So GOP senators and representatives aren't GOP leaders? Interesting. I guess you can prove pretty much whatever you like by defining your words carefully enough.

Try reading the post I was responding to next time. The claim was made that Legislators an "especially the leadership" shared Akins view. I asked to name a leader who had not condemned Akins. Using your definition, Maxine Waters represents DNC leadership.

>I said leader.

So GOP senators and representatives aren't GOP leaders?

No.

Interesting.

I would say not interesting, just basic stuff.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The desperation of the left wingers to spin this into some kind of referendum on the RNC has gotten pathetic. Here's the latest list on those condemning Akins.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/

I wonder what the body count in Afghanistan will be this week under Obamas "leadership".

I wonder how many more will lose their jobs between now and November?

I wonder how much more will be put on our childrens credit card with China?

>I wonder what the body count in Afghanistan will be this week under Obamas
>"leadership".

You can wonder indeed. I get a kick out of how right wingers called people who asked such things five years ago "traitors" "America haters" etc. Whatever advances your agenda, eh?

I'd just like people to think a little more about the results of their actions and be more willing to be responsible for the consequences.

I'd just like people like you to accept that it's none of your damn business what a woman does with her own body.

There are lots of things that are illegal for a person to do with their own body.

Abortion rights activists know that most people would support the unborn's rights over the mothers after some point in time. Where that point should be is of course a hot topic, but the abortion rights people don't want to have that discussion at all. That is unreasonable.

>Where that point should be is of course a hot topic, but the abortion rights people don't
>want to have that discussion at all. That is unreasonable.

I think women should have the right to choose and I have no problem having such a discussion.