normiss

Way to go Texas!

How can a nation that is so proud of it's "Christian" values have the death penalty? Mainly supported by conservatives with "Christian" values...

The Bible very clearly states, Thou shall not Kill, Jesus is very clear about forgiving you enemys and to not pass judgement.

While it is necesary to protect society by locking people up I cannot for the life of me see the rational of the death penalty wanted by so called Christians.

Could the Conservatives/Pro Death Penalty Christians please elaborate.

He would likely become someone's bitch in prison. Relegated to a life of being swapped for a pack of cigarettes.

What a blatantly stupid remark. So you think it's better to kill him ?

Are you a Christian ?

He would likely become someone's bitch in prison. Relegated to a life of being swapped for a pack of cigarettes.

What a blatantly stupid remark. So you think it's better to kill him ?

Are you a Christian ?

It's a blatantly true remark.

I've not stated what I think. I have only asked a question and made a prediction.

(quick.....look for a template)

It's a blatantly true remark.

I've not stated what I think. I have only asked a question and made a prediction.

Then this would turn into a discussion about the quality of the American prison system. This is not what I'm asking. I want to know how Christians rationalize the death penalty with their beliefs.

And if that guy was officially mentally handicapped he should not be in prison at all but in a mental institution.

edited for spelling.

Generally it seems, if the media and a few "witnesses" make a person look guilty, they aren't smart enough to seek the proper help in legal situations, and they just "look guilty" - a number of christians are ready to string them up post haste.
Truth be damned.

We do not have the right as humans to reduce ourselves to the level of murderers only to become the same.
>:(

How can a nation that is so proud of it's "Christian" values have the death penalty? Mainly supported by conservatives with "Christian" values...

I am not anything similar to a christian, and think putting a sick puppy to sleep is the humane thing to do.

The Bible very clearly states, Thou shall not Kill, Jesus is very clear about forgiving you enemys and to not pass judgement.

Your Hebrew sucks. The Mitzvah specifically proscribes murder, not killing per se. Other Mitzvot mandate killing.

Also, what Jesus did or did not say is poorly represented in the Christian Scriptures, given that there are neither any first-person or contemporary accounts, and that such accounts as exist are heavily redacted.

While it is necesary to protect society by locking people up I cannot for the life of me see the rational of the death penalty wanted by so called Christians.

The rate of recidivism after execution is zero. This is hardly the case with a "life sentence."

I do not test out as a Conservative, am concerned about the "fair trial" and burden of proof part of our legal system and, as previously noted, am not a christian. I am, however, happy to elaborate.

BSBD,

Winsor

Generally it seems, if the media and a few "witnesses" make a person look guilty, they aren't smart enough to seek the proper help in legal situations, and they just "look guilty" - a number of christians are ready to string them up post haste.
Truth be damned.

We do not have the right as humans to reduce ourselves to the level of murderers only to become the same.
Mad

I totally agree with you, yet this would be a discussion about the American judicial system, which is a joke IMHO.

But I still want to hear a Christian say that he approves of the death penalty, then I want to know why ?

Since that article was CNN, I did some more research. It appears the only test that showed him mentally deficient was later discounted based on multiple other tests that showed otherwise. The guy was married, convicted twice of burglary, had spent time in prison, was dealing drugs, and was convicted of beating, kidnapping and murdering the guy that set him up on his latest drug charges.

Just a few irrelevant facts that CNN accidentally missed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-executes-marvin-wilson-claims-iq-article-1.1131326?pgno=1

The same defense attorney who is proclaiming the guy retarded also claims a white guy really committed the murder. The dead guy had a hair from a caucasian on him. Of course, the fact that the convicted guy confessed everything to his wife and two others is also ignored.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Well for one the US is no longer proud of "Christian Values". That stuff is now considered "spreading hate".

Anyway, the original text of the Bible doesn't translate to "kill". It's closer to murder. Killing is cool as long as you have a good reason....like killing killers who kill without a good reason.

No forensic evidence or eyewitness testimony established the identity of the shooter.

You're good with killing someone with that as evidence?
You have an ex wife?

OK. It appears you've given up on the argument that he is retarded. I'll now research your new argument. The article I read said it was his wife and two others, but it might have just been the Ex like you say.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

why is this discussion only relegated to some poster's stereotype about what a christian is or thinks?

that's stupid - I suspect christian's are probably just as diverse in opinions on the death penalty as any other randomly defined group.

as for this specific case - does the IQ of the criminal matter at all? my criteria would be the willingness and likelihood of them repeating the crime.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No, actually I haven't.

There seems to be a LOT in this case that would make a conviction quite doubtful in my mind.
Our criminal justice system is pretty fucked up at times.

Borderline retardation.
Confession.
Lack of evidence.
Ex wife as convicting witness.
Texas' love of the death penalty.

Well for one the US is no longer proud of "Christian Values". That stuff is now considered "spreading hate".

Anyway, the original text of the Bible doesn't translate to "kill". It's closer to murder. Killing is cool as long as you have a good reason....like killing killers who kill without a good reason.

...or, because he deededit! :)

Chuck

Interesting. In his Habeas Corpus appeal to the SCOTUS, Wilson's attorney only addresses the MR. He even uses the fact that Wilson admitted the crime as evidence of the MR. The Petition specifically states that Wilson was one of multiple perpetrators. I recommend you take the attorney's lead and go back to the MR argument.

Oh boy!
An admission by a low IQ person in Texas????

He's gotta be guilty!

[:/]

Seriously???
You HAVE to be retarded to talk to cops, much less admit to murder!!!
Then add reduced mental abilities....I'm still not convinced.

I never will be to the point of killing someone. Never.

I never will be to the point of killing someone. Never.

Ah. I didn't know that was the case. No reason discussing it, then.