RonD1120

Rep Allen West: Dems are Communist

http://www.examiner.com/article/st-lucie-co-fl-announces-141-voter-turnout

The explanation. There are 2 cards to the ballot, the count of 141% was the cards submitted, not votes. divide by two, 70% is the voter turnout.

For West to turn the 141% into a 'fact' is disgraceful. He lost. He lost on Tuesday, he has a partial recount and he lost again. The 141% is not true, and for him to take it to court would be a complete waste of taxpayers dollars.

Mr. Hayes, Mr. Hayes,

First of all... he did not say, "its a Fact." I reread the article, and it says nothing like that. (At least in that article.)

Secondly... instead of your opinion, how about you state, the "Facts", from what is written, in your own posted article.

Based on this clarification, actual voter turnout would be a figure greater than 70.46%. The board also published a much longer version of their report online . It still initially lists voter turnout as 140.92%. However, it follows with figures that yield a 70.49% turnout. This means their new voter turnout figure is 13 points higher, or 22.6% higher, than the national average.

This still supports speculation that their could be more votes counted than the total number of votes cast.

AND, before the update...

Several other races in St. Lucie County were razor close. If votes were not counted accurately, there are other races may have been effected. The race for Fort Pierce mayor was only separated by less than half a percentage point. A new "economic development" tax passed by exactly 1%.

It Matters.

Again... not a hanging chad issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXi4l4q6Aho&feature=share

The more I learn about this man the more I like him.

Only someone who knows nothing at all about Communism would think that the Dems are communists. He is talking nonsense and he clearly hasn't got a Scooby.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXi4l4q6Aho&feature=share

The more I learn about this man the more I like him.

Only someone who knows nothing at all about Communism would think that the Dems are communists. He is talking nonsense and he clearly hasn't got a Scooby.

Quite a dumb statement... did you even listen to him?

"Shaking Head" .... Like talking to a wall.

Its about Ideology. Progressivism and Communism are both central planning ideologies. Unlike that of Limited Government, with Individualism. (That does not mean, "you are on your own", as Obama constantly states.)

It is the difference between the French Revolution, and the American Revolution.

You should read more... Progressivism: A Reader

Mr. Hayes, Mr. Hayes,

First of all... he did not say, "its a Fact." I reread the article,....

how very condescending of you, thanks.

I did not say that 'you said'. I said in fact that 'West said'.

And my second post clarified the data with facts, such as how Mr West came to the incorrect conclusion that he did.

how very condescending of you, thanks.

Yup... you and Quade deserve every bit of that tone you have gotten, and will get in the future from me, for your continued displays of arrogance.

I did not say that 'you said'. I said in fact that 'West said'.

And I didn't say, that you said, that I said that.

I am addressing... "For West to turn the 141% into a 'fact' is disgraceful."

He didn't, "say it was a, fact." And I also said, "it says nothing like that. (At least in that article.)"

And... that's not even the underlying issue.

And... there is still very reasonable concern that additional votes have been counted twice, as your article states.

And... they only did (less than) HALF of the 37K.

And... apparently, Murphy's people were allowed to watch, but West's were not. (Racist's?)

And my second post clarified the data with facts, such as how Mr West came to the incorrect conclusion that he did.

Yet... "The 141% is not true, and for him to take it to court would be a complete waste of taxpayers dollars", is completely incorrect.

Riiiight... an incorrect conclusion, not a manipulation of data, which still brings about concerns.

So, Yeah.

You go have a Coke and a smile. :)
And if he loses, fairly, I'll go have a Dr. Pepper and frown. ;)

>Bill, this is not a hanging chad issue...

No, it's a Florida voting issue. Florida couldn't count its own toes without someone suing over which little piggy went to market.

But as the man said, numbers - not rhetoric - will continue to be the best way to decide which pile of votes is bigger.

Allen West, whining c**t.

Do you use that word around women or just on the Internet?

Most women I know, hate that word.

You probably don't know that many women outside of the US :)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

>Bill, this is not a hanging chad issue...

No, it's a Florida voting issue. Florida couldn't count its own toes without someone suing over which little piggy went to market.

But as the man said, numbers - not rhetoric - will continue to be the best way to decide which pile of votes is bigger.

LOL. Nice.

Who is, "the man"?

First of all... he did not say, "its a Fact." I reread the article, and it says nothing like that. (At least in that article.)

In the english language a quantitative statement is pretty much always taken at face value unless stated otherwise. He does not need to say "This is a fact" in order to be stating that something is a fact. Example: "That man has a blue car" vs "That man has a blue car, this is a fact". The two statements are, in meaning, identical.

The logical extension of what you are arguing would mean that the statements "That man has a blue car" and "That man may or may not have a blue car" have identical meaning. This is obviously absurd.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The court says, No. "technically." - "Circuit Judge Dan Vaughn said he does not have the authority to order a recount."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-judge-denies-allen-wests-request-for-recount-in-fla-race/

But the Fl Division of Elections says, Yes.... Maybe.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/not-over-yet-florida-division-of-elections-official-recommends-retabulation-of-about-20000-more-early-votes-in-allen-west-race/

Shapiro said the West campaign would need to gain just 249 votes in those 20,000 ballots to trigger a statutory recount under state law. West gained 535 votes in the initial recount of three days of early voting ballots, or 16,175 ballots. Following the recount, the vote tally for both candidates was decreased by more than 800 votes, 80 percent of the decrease hitting Murphy.

“In a U.S. congressional race where more than 330,000 votes are at stake — and a current gap to victory is less than 2,000 — an 800-vote change in a sample of 16,275 is extremely significant,” Shapiro recently wrote in an op-ed for the Sun Sentinel.

Election officials found some discrepancies, including a missing “communications log” and at least 304 uncounted votes, according to Shapiro.

While I don't disagree with what you wrote... Hayes said, "For West to turn the 141% into a 'fact' is disgraceful."

I may be wrong, but is this not a matter of, "Politicians, making their own facts." That is, the way that Hayes worded it.

Not, as you have explained...

And... given the way it is written, its doesn't even match up with what you wrote.

- Officials have “already stated they had a 141 percent voter turnout, which I think should cause everyone alarm,” West told Fox.

That IS kind of a funky incomplete quote...

Like him, love him, hate him, or want to see him institutionalized, don't you wang to know for whom the Floridiots actually voted? Aren't there enough issues to take a second look? Does anyone NOT think that more votes than voters, votes uncounted, missing paperwork, and other "irregularities" is a good reason to go through every ballot?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

It's - amazing? - no, not really surprising - how many useful idiots believe the "141 percent" myth that has gone viral in the right wing blogosphere. It's bullshit. It arose because the ballot was 2 pages long, each page consisting of a "card cast". Each voter thus submitted 2 "cards cast" per person, which the Moron-o-sphere misinterpreted as a single votER for each card cast, thus incorrectly doubling the figure. Obama actually got about 77% of the vote cast in St. Lucie County.

Myth-busting aside, do I really object to a recount? Not really; let them piss away some more money for all it matters.

It's - amazing? - no, not really surprising - how many useful idiots believe the "141 percent" myth that has gone viral in the right wing blogosphere. It's bullshit. It arose because the ballot was 2 pages long, each page consisting of a "card cast". Each voter thus submitted 2 "cards cast" per person, which the Moron-o-sphere misinterpreted as a single votER for each card cast, thus incorrectly doubling the figure. Obama actually got about 77% of the vote cast in St. Lucie County.

Myth-busting aside, do I really object to a recount? Not really; let them piss away some more money for all it matters.

Hey, Sherlock...

We already covered this.

However, it follows with figures that yield a 70.49% turnout. This means their new voter turnout figure is 13 points higher, or 22.6% higher, than the national average.

This still supports speculation that their could be more votes counted than the total number of votes cast.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/st-lucie-county-canvassing-board-orders-retabulation-of-20k-more-early-votes-in-allen-west-race/

Awesome!

“This retabulation of all early votes as the Supervisor of Elections originally planned is a victory for democracy,” Shapiro told TheBlaze.

Not awesome... we are a Republic.

The Murphy campaign has vowed to go to court in order to prevent a recount of early votes.

He's a Racist.

“If the canvassing board were to decide that they want to do that without any evidentiary basis to do so, we’ll be back before your honor with a motion for injunctive relief against them doing it because under the law the statute that we cited for your honor they have absolutely no right to do it,” Murphy attorney Gerald Richman said in court on Friday.

Racism.

Hey, Sherlock...

We already covered this.

However, it follows with figures that yield a 70.49% turnout. This means their new voter turnout figure is 13 points higher, or 22.6% higher, than the national average.

Only if we consider it implausible that voter turnout might be higher in battleground states, where an individual's vote for president had a much higher likelihood of actually mattering. I don't see anything odd about higher voter turnout, especially considering a close Congressional race was also on the ballot.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

flcourier.com/2012/11/08/number-of-votes-cast-is-record-for-florida-2/

Appears the county is right in line with the rest of the state. Or is your conspiracy theory extending to the entire state?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And... given the way it is written, its doesn't even match up with what you wrote.

- Officials have “already stated they had a 141 percent voter turnout, which I think should cause everyone alarm,” West told Fox.

Dance around it however you want, and whether he was saying it through malice or ignorance, West was saying that voter turnout was 141%

And if you look at Kennedy's post two below yours, you'll see that he is succeeding in convincing people that voter turnout was 141%
Do you want to have an ideagasm?