kallend

What else is he hiding?

There seem to be only two reasons that justify a Swiss bank account:

1. Betting against the dollar,

Not illegal - Soros has been doing it for years.

or
2. Avoiding paying your fair share of taxes.

Yes, that's why he reported it on his INCOME TAX RETURN, so he could avoid paying his taxes on it.

A third possibility, is that he's hiding "dirty money". Even though that's doubtful, we can't know the truth without seeing the tax returns, can we?

He's made tax returns public...when is Obama going to?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm putting my thougts via a funny message but I believe that this is naked truth.
I think he's suffering from the clasical symptomns of chronic addiction. An highly addicted person feels obligated to stash/hide away the object of his addiction because, in his mind, the other addicts will try to steal it [which is actually true ;)].

Statistic showed that chronic addiction to money is highly spread within the rich people. They stash away more than they'll ever need and will do anything to keep things like that.

Can you trust someone with a chronic addiction? No :P

Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

I'm putting my thougts via a funny message but I believe that this is naked truth.
I think he's suffering from the clasical symptomns of chronic addiction. An highly addicted person feels obligated to stash/hide away the object of his addiction because, in his mind, the other addicts will try to steal it [which is actually true ;)].

Which, of course, is why he makes charitable donations and has funded other stuff...because he's desperately trying to 'stash it away'.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

In a way yes. He's investing into something that probably will translate to more money/power, his image.

Yeah? How's that 'secret Swiss account' pumping up his image, pray tell?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

To a believer in his image this swis account thingy will not affect it.

Anyway, we the humanity have yet to experience how it is to be leaded by someone that is ballanced and not a chronic addict to money and/or power. From the pharaons to Stalin to the guy that inspired the boss from Office Space to Sarkozy, they were all chronic addicted / out of ballance.

Szarkozy showing what's more important for him and it ain't the people

To a believer in his image this swis account thingy will not affect it.

So you've got nothing, since nobody knew about it before Obama splashed it across the airwaves.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So you've got nothing, since nobody knew about it before Obama splashed it across the airwaves.

I don't think it's about what I do/don't have.

Just to put this in the air: Can one addict recognise the game/the play/the false image of another addict? Yes. Welcome to Politics.

I don't think it's about what I do/don't have.

Oh, I think it is - you *tried* to portray Romney as a 'money addict' and started scrambling once you got proven wrong.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

As long as it is legal, I don't see anything wrong with minimizing one's tax burden (just did my taxes today for 2010 -- we are paying over 40% of our gross income in taxes).

It may show the electorate that this person doesn't really relate to them, and that laws should be tightened up, but it doesn't mean that Romney is doing something sinister.

I just glanced at it. He made just less than $21M. He gave a little over $4M to charity and paid just over $3M in federal taxes.

He easily put more into the federal treasury in one year than I ever will. He gave even more to charity. Meanwhile, he was working for free as Governor. And people complain he isn't doing his 'fair share'? Since I've seen no assertion that he cheats on his taxes, I'm guessing people think he should ignore the tax law and instead donate larger portions of his income to try to appease his detractors?

I think some people define the word 'fair' as roughly, 'I want more of someone else's stuff'.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

So he paid 15.45% of his AGI in federal taxes. I haven't done 2011 yet, but for 2010 I paid 28.6% of my AGI in federal taxes.

You better check your numbers again, or change tax preparers. That is ridiculously high.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who has a Swiss bank account should be disqualified from running for President.

This just shows your personal slant than bring anything of substance to the discussion.

Thank you for your substantial contribution to the discussion.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who has a Swiss bank account should be disqualified from running for President.

This just shows your personal slant than bring anything of substance to the discussion.

Pot/Kettle :S

Pot/Kettle :S

Pot/Kettle/Pot :S

And then there’s his Individual Retirement Account. I.R.A.’s are supposed to be a tax-advantaged vehicle for middle-class savers, with annual contributions limited to a few thousand dollars a year. Yet somehow Mr. Romney ended up with an account worth between $20 million and $101 million.

There are legitimate ways that could have happened, just as there are potentially legitimate reasons for parking large sums of money in overseas tax havens. But we don’t know which if any of those legitimate reasons apply in Mr. Romney’s case — because he has refused to release any details about his finances. This refusal to come clean suggests that he and his advisers believe that voters would be less likely to support him if they knew the truth about his investments.

HERE'S some substance.

Let's see: I put my savings in a US bank. The bank uses it to help Americans buy homes, help Americans start businesses, help Americans invest in growing their businesses, etc. etc.

Mitt puts his money in a Swiss bank. It helps Americans --- ummm. it helps Americans ---ummm. Nope, it doesn't help Americans.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So he paid 15.45% of his AGI in federal taxes. I haven't done 2011 yet, but for 2010 I paid 28.6% of my AGI in federal taxes.

You better check your numbers again, or change tax preparers. That is ridiculously high.

Indeed it is.

However, I too paid at a significantly higher rate than Romney. As did as very large number of middle class folks.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.