Skyrad

Scientology Escapees Katie and Suri Cruise

Did anybody notice after Katie and Tom got married, Katie stopped acting but Tom continued? Didn't the same thing happen when Tom married Nicole Kidman?

Also, isn't John Travolta also a Scientologist? Has anyone seen Kelly Preston in any acting roles since they married?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Did anybody notice after Katie and Tom got married, Katie stopped acting but Tom continued?

Nope, but there IS a pattern. Each divorce happened when each woman was 33.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Did anybody notice after Katie and Tom got married, Katie stopped acting but Tom continued?

No. Actually, I think she did a lot of acting during the time they've been married.

Oh now that I think of it, she was in Adam Sandler's recent movie I think, about him and his twin sister (also acted by himself)...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Mental note to Tom, marry #4 when she's 34. :D

You numerologist...did rock stars sell their soul only to die at 27 as well?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Did anybody notice after Katie and Tom got married, Katie stopped acting but Tom continued? Didn't the same thing happen when Tom married Nicole Kidman?

She stopped acting largely because of the kid. She resumed last year and has been fairly busy, it seems.

Also, isn't John Travolta also a Scientologist? Has anyone seen Kelly Preston in any acting roles since they married?

Was she in many before they got married? Most of her acting credits come after her marriage in 1991, but not a lot of meat.

Which caused me to check. Many have forgotten he was married to Mimi Rogers before Nicole. Cheated on Mimi with Nicole first. Guess what age Mimi was when they filed for divorce? Yup. 33. He has an age limit. Future wives should take note.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Can you name any other religious group "Hollywood" is actually afraid of?

Sure, Islam...:P
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Really? Can you seriously say "Hollywood" is afraid of Islam when a HUGE number of films are about them as terrorists?

Nawww. "Hollywood" isn't going to upset them by tossing up an image of Mohammed, but it takes pot shots at Islam every day.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Google Terhrangales
So many freaking Persians in 90210 it's not even funny!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

That's how powerful Scientology is.

You got that right, I was there...I seen it, though not as a believer, just an observer. Wild stuff...nothing like the typical christian/mulim institutions I've monitored.

...good thing is that they seem to be consistent in their insanity and only use it for monetary gain unlike some christian/muslim forgeries that required the assistance of the FBI to eliminate grave threats to society...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Was she in many before they got married? Most of her acting credits come after her marriage in 1991, but not a lot of meat.

I had never heard of Kelly Preston, so I looked her up. Looks like she's done more acting since she married John Travolta than she did before. She was even in one of my favorite movies--From Dusk till Dawn. Just a small part as a newscaster, but a very memorable part; I just never noticed the name of the actress playing that part, nor would I have known she was JT's wife.

Really? Can you seriously say "Hollywood" is afraid of Islam when a HUGE number of films are about them as terrorists?

Nawww. "Hollywood" isn't going to upset them by tossing up an image of Mohammed, but it takes pot shots at Islam every day.

While it wasn't Islam per se there was that Arnie film where they changed the name of the terrorist organisation from Islamic Jihad to Crimson Jihad out of fear.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Which caused me to check. Many have forgotten he was married to Mimi Rogers before Nicole. Cheated on Mimi with Nicole first. Guess what age Mimi was when they filed for divorce? Yup. 33. He has an age limit. Future wives should take note.

Good bit of detective work there, that is great Trivia, I'm suprised the tabloids haven't picked up on it yet.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

... "Hollywood" isn't going to upset them by tossing up an image of Mohammed.....

"Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding.... We have a winner....."

You can shoot, stab, hang, blow up, behead, piss on, and other wise do what ever you want to a Muslim, however, when comedy central tries to have Mohammed on south park, it gets censored...:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

ON TOPIC: I'll be interested in what happens if Katie does play the Scientology card in her divorce. The "religion" has a nasty habit of haranguing its nay-sayers in the courts until they are penniless and old. It may be that Katie would be better off to leave it out of the divorce just to save her the years of legal battering by Scientology down the road.

OFF TOPIC:

I once heard a theory on why human males have such unprotected reproductive organs. The location is clearly against evolutionary theory, since it places the male in a position of weakness in a fight for survival. The theory is that the human females looked at the clear liability and figured he must have other strong characteristics to make up for it.

This made me laugh. Maybe that's why we keep our wallets in the same vicinity?

Also, evolutionarily speaking, don't think about us standing tall, think about where the frank 'n' beans are on most quadrupeds (where we came from)... low and to the rear of the animal, a very protected position should a fight arise.

Elvisio "edit to add sig line" Rodriguez

I once heard a theory on why human males have such unprotected reproductive organs. The location is clearly against evolutionary theory, since it places the male in a position of weakness in a fight for survival. The theory is that the human females looked at the clear liability and figured he must have other strong characteristics to make up for it.

While this is funny to read, it doesn't sound quite right to me. I'm no expert on evolution, but I think the human male reproductive system has a pretty good evolutionary advantage. They are able to produce a very large number of sperm from a fairly early age, and could technically impregnate many women very quickly (and easily, given the location of the genitals). And as long as some of their offspring survive to reproduce more offspring, it really doesn't matter (theoretically speaking) if they get kicked in the nuts at some point later on. :P

I barely recall the argument, but I agree that they are not in the best protected position. But as someone else pointed out, there aren't many protected positions if you want to walk....er....erect?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.