airdvr

Mitt throwin' it down

"I disagree with the Supreme Court's decision and I agree with the dissent. What the court did not do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day if elected president of the United States, and that is I will act to repeal ObamaCare." -Mitt Romney

He's got my vote.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

"I disagree with the Supreme Court's decision and I agree with the dissent. What the court did not do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day if elected president of the United States, and that is I will act to repeal ObamaCare." -Mitt Romney

He's got my vote.

He certainly hopes so, or he wouldn't be pandering to folks like you who are opposed to a plan very similar to one he himself implemented.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Mitt Romney - will oppose a conservative Supreme Court on constitutional issues. Good thing he doesn't need moderate's votes.

When Obama was running for election in '08, two of his major selling points in my book were intelligence and a background in constitutional law. Two high-profile rulings this week by court with a conservative majority, and both completely or mostly agreed with Obama's position. Of course all the true constitutional law scholars of The Bonfire know better than those amateurs... :D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Mitt Romney - will oppose a conservative Supreme Court on constitutional issues. Good thing he doesn't need moderate's votes.

Moderate's oppose Obamacare by a pretty big majority in every poll.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

>Moderate's oppose Obamacare by a pretty big majority in every poll.

Interestingly, they support all its provisions when the provisions are listed alone rather than being called "Obamacare." In other words, when they're thinking for themselves and not watching FOX News, they discover that they support all the parts of the program.

Which isn't a surprise; both Romney and Obama have defended such programs.

>Moderate's oppose Obamacare by a pretty big majority in every poll.

Interestingly, they support all its provisions when the provisions are listed alone rather than being called "Obamacare." In other words, when they're thinking for themselves and not watching FOX News, they discover that they support all the parts of the program.

Which isn't a surprise; both Romney and Obama have defended such programs.

So all Moderate's watch Fox? Just the ones who don't like Obamacare? That is funny. The polls you refer to are polls on things like being turned down for preexisting conditions. Who would not like that? I would like to get paid $25k every month from the government but you cannot sustain that just like this model cannot be sustained. The mandate is what I was referring to and the moderate's do not like it in every poll I have read.... and no not just from Fox.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

what I find funny is the claim that the Supreme Court is conservatively moderate

just yesterday everybody was decrying it as a nutty right wing court what would have shot down the Equal Rights amendment - and kept slavery in place, etc etc etc

at the least, it was described as violently split down partisan lines

but get just one ruling on a big issue, and now half the crowd suddenly shifts and now thinks they are the greatest thing since bacon

and everybody knows there's nothing greater than bacon

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Of course all the true constitutional law scholars of The Bonfire know better than those amateurs... :D

Blues,
Dave

You mean the guy that completely bypassed Congress with his latest vote-buying scheme via executive fiat? The guy that said he would EO O-care if the Supremes voted against it?

Yeah, he's *quite* the Constitutional expert.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

He certainly hopes so, or he wouldn't be pandering to folks like you who are opposed to a plan very similar to one he himself implemented.

ah yes... the typical line from people who think that what states do is equivalent under the constitution to what the federal government does.
--
Rob

ah yes... the typical line from people who think that what states do is equivalent under the constitution to what the federal government does.

What part of "very similar" confused you? Are your only concerns related to constitutionality, not cost/benefit? Because if so, I suspect the President and the Supreme Court might have the edge on you there.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

what I find funny is the claim that the Supreme Court is conservatively moderate

just yesterday everybody was decrying it as a nutty right wing court what would have shot down the Equal Rights amendment - and kept slavery in place, etc etc etc

at the least, it was described as violently split down partisan lines

but get just one ruling on a big issue, and now half the crowd suddenly shifts and now thinks they are the greatest thing since bacon

and everybody knows there's nothing greater than bacon

I freakin love Bacon! :)The court ruled this way and I disagree but I have respect for what they say. I also respect the ability to vote for who I want so they can hopefully replace some SCOTUS justices. I know one justice that voted to uphold should have never even had a vote.

He's got my vote.

It's not a tax!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2009/09/obama-mandate-is-not-a-tax/

>So all Moderate's watch Fox?

?? Not at all. FOX is by far the worst, but most networks refer to it as "Obamacare." Take away the labels and ask people what they think of its provisions and they agree that it's a good idea. Even conservatives agree with most of its provisions - with of course the big exception of the individual mandate.

========================================
(Reuters) - Most Americans oppose President Barack Obama's healthcare reform even though they strongly support most of its provisions, Reuters/Ipsos poll showed on Sunday, with the Supreme Court set to rule within days on whether the law should stand.

Fifty-six percent of people are against the healthcare overhaul and 44 percent favor it, according to the online poll conducted from Tuesday through Saturday.

The survey results suggest that Republicans are convincing voters to reject Obama's reform even when they like much of what is in it, such as allowing children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26.

Strong majorities favor most of what is in the law.

. . . 82 percent of survey respondents, for example, favoring banning insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

. . .61 percent are in favor of allowing children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26

. . .72 percent back requiring companies with more than 50 employees to provide insurance for their employees.

. . . .80 percent of Republicans favor “creating an insurance pool where small businesses and uninsured have access to insurance exchanges to take advantage of large group pricing benefits.”

====================

. . . 52 percent of Republicans favor “allowing children to stay on parents insurance until age 26.”

. . .78 percent of Republicans support “banning insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions

. . . 86 percent of Republicans favor “banning insurance companies from cancelling policies because a person becomes ill.”

>So all Moderate's watch Fox?

?? Not at all. FOX is by far the worst, but most networks refer to it as "Obamacare." Take away the labels and ask people what they think of its provisions and they agree that it's a good idea. Even conservatives agree with most of its provisions - with of course the big exception of the individual mandate.

========================================
(Reuters) - Most Americans oppose President Barack Obama's healthcare reform even though they strongly support most of its provisions, Reuters/Ipsos poll showed on Sunday, with the Supreme Court set to rule within days on whether the law should stand.

Fifty-six percent of people are against the healthcare overhaul and 44 percent favor it, according to the online poll conducted from Tuesday through Saturday.

The survey results suggest that Republicans are convincing voters to reject Obama's reform even when they like much of what is in it, such as allowing children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26.

Strong majorities favor most of what is in the law.

. . . 82 percent of survey respondents, for example, favoring banning insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

. . .61 percent are in favor of allowing children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26

. . .72 percent back requiring companies with more than 50 employees to provide insurance for their employees.

. . . .80 percent of Republicans favor “creating an insurance pool where small businesses and uninsured have access to insurance exchanges to take advantage of large group pricing benefits.”

====================

. . . 52 percent of Republicans favor “allowing children to stay on parents insurance until age 26.”

. . .78 percent of Republicans support “banning insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions

. . . 86 percent of Republicans favor “banning insurance companies from cancelling policies because a person becomes ill.”

Read my post ... that's what I said. I want the government to pay for my gym membership ... thats saves money right? I have less medical needs ... right? The problem... we cannot afford it!

Edited to add

So what does this ruling means...it means that it will cost your employer LESS to pay the fine for not providing you health care benefits than the costs of the benefits so your going to be paying for this yourself. Which may mean a change in Dr's....Oh and if you have a job in HR as a benefits manager...prepare to change careers because if your company isn't offering benefits it won't need you either. Just curious, now that the Gov't can tax what it likes when will we be mandated to join a fitness club, or only eat certain foods....of course there is no way for the gov't to pay for the costs of all of these benefits that the program lays out. For a reference see GREECE....

I think it would be hard to claim this court is conservative given two of the rulings where Roberts was in the majority

But you can try if you want to
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>I want the government to pay for my gym membership ... thats saves money right?

Would be nice for you!

But it would be better for you to pay for your own gym membership, in my opinion.

Given the ruling today it could happen that you could be taxed for not getting a gym membership

Whats to stop them?
Abraham Lincoln

>I think it would be hard to claim this court is conservative given two of the rulings
>where Roberts was in the majority

Roberts - appointed by Bush
Scalia - appointed by Reagan
Kennedy - appointed by Reagan
Thomas - appointed by Bush
Ginsberg - appointed by Clinton
Breyer - appointed by Clinton
Alito - appointed by Bush
Sotomayer - appointed by Obama
Kagan - appointed by Obama

That's five GOP-appointed judges and four democrat-appointed judges. I know math isn't the GOP's "thing" but that makes it a predominantly conservative court.

But you're complaining about Roberts, apparently trying to imply he's not conservative. What do conservative judges think about that?

Scalia - "He pretty much runs the show the same way" as Rehnquist (former chief justice appointed by Nixon)

Diane Sykes, Bush appointee: "[he] appears to be strongly rooted in the discipline of traditional legal method, evincing a fidelity to text, structure, history, and the constitutional hierarchy. He exhibits the restraint that flows from the careful application of established decisional rules and the practice of reasoning from the case law. He appears to place great stock in the process-oriented tools and doctrinal rules that guard against the aggregation of judicial power and keep judicial discretion in check: jurisdictional limits, structural federalism, textualism, and the procedural rules that govern the scope of judicial review."

Face it, the appeal failed even in a conservative court.

He's got my vote.

First of all, he had your vote anyway.

Second, it's all blather, because unless control of the Senate swings Republican, and the House stays Republican, the Democrats in the Senate will never allow it to be repealed. That goes doubly so if the Senate stays Dem and the House flips over to Dem.

>I think it would be hard to claim this court is conservative given two of the rulings

That's five GOP-appointed judges and four democrat-appointed judges. I know math isn't the GOP's "thing" but that makes it a predominantly conservative court.

But you're complaining about Roberts, apparently trying to imply he's not conservative. What do conservative judges think about that?

Scalia - "He pretty much runs the show the same way" as Rehnquist (former chief justice appointed by Nixon)

Diane Sykes, Bush appointee: "[he] appears to be strongly rooted in the discipline of traditional legal method, evincing a fidelity to text, structure, history, and the constitutional hierarchy. He exhibits the restraint that flows from the careful application of established decisional rules and the practice of reasoning from the case law. He appears to place great stock in the process-oriented tools and doctrinal rules that guard against the aggregation of judicial power and keep judicial discretion in check: jurisdictional limits, structural federalism, textualism, and the procedural rules that govern the scope of judicial review."

Nothing to face
Who appointed them has nothing to do with it
Their actions do

But your gloating is understandable

But that does not mean you get to make things up
Abraham Lincoln

He's got my vote.

First of all, he had your vote anyway.

Second, it's all blather, because unless control of the Senate swings Republican, and the House stays Republican, the Democrats in the Senate will never allow it to be repealed. That goes doubly so if the Senate stays Dem and the House flips over to Dem.

One thing is for sure

This ruling changes the playing field big time
Abraham Lincoln

The court supported the mandate as a tax issue, not as the commerce clause issue that was being argued by both sides. Your statement is incorrect.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706