Skyrad

Should UAVs be used to kill Mexican Narco Terrorists?

Have you ever been around someone on speed? coke?

Yes, and Yes.

I'm sorry but I just can't see any value in dope and can see no sense in defending it.

And others see no value in skydiving.
Still others see no value in allowing you to own a firearm.
Others see no value in domesticating horses for 'sport'.

Just because YOU don't 'see it' does not mean that you are not stepping on others rights.

Which would you consider the best way to form an opinion?

Being well-informed.

I agree with you that seeing someone destroy their life with drugs is a hard but very valuable lesson, btw. It's one of the reasons why I don't do illegal drugs myself any more.

Proving once again that you can't understand the written word.

I do understand written words in several languages. You too?

You, OTOH seem to fail in understanding a law of nature:

Chain reaction.

One-step-leads-to-the-next.

Beeing drunken or on weeds, having a handy, nice little .44 cal in your belt, makes you feel like king of the world. You just pull it out and end the unpleasent discussion with a proper shot.

(Of course, not *you*, just an imaginary *you*.)

I understand the written word but, it seems you lack imagination (and that in a country where guns are around every corner, where news [papers] are talking about weapon incidents on a daily basis .....)

Or you just think everybody around you is an idiot. Much more dangerous.

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Yes, and Yes.

I'm sorry but I just can't see any value in dope and can see no sense in defending it.

Just because YOU don't 'see it' does not mean that you are not stepping on others rights.

I'm not stepping on anyone's rights. I have yet to see in our constitution or bill of rights, giving someone the right to get high.
Just because you want it doesn't mean you're entitled or have the right to do so. Doing dope or booze is a choice not a right. Robbing a bank is not a right it's a choice.

Chuck

Proving once again that you can't understand the written word.

I do understand written words in several languages. You too?

You, OTOH seem to fail in understanding a law of nature:

Chain reaction.

One-step-leads-to-the-next.

Beeing drunken or on weeds, having a handy, nice little .44 cal in your belt, makes you feel like king of the world. You just pull it out and end the unpleasent discussion with a proper shot.

(Of course, not *you*, just an imaginary *you*.)

I understand the written word but, it seems you lack imagination (and that in a country where guns are around every corner, where news (papers) are talking about weapon incidents on a daily basis .....

Or you just think everybody around you is an idiot. Much more dangerous.

:|

Nice Stereotyping. But you seem to be using the "one in a million" example.

FYI "Stoned" is the word you are looking for not "on weeds".

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Yes, and Yes.

I'm not stepping on anyone's rights. I have yet to see in our constitution or bill of rights, giving someone the right to get high.
Just because you want it doesn't mean you're entitled or have the right to do so. Doing dope or booze is a choice not a right. Robbing a bank is not a right it's a choice.

Chuck

Many say it follows under the "Pursuit of Happiness", just like skydiving, hunting, working, owning a home, riding a horse etc etc.

Matt

I try to stay informed as well as the next guy. Actually witnessing something has a big effect on a person.
I had to learn the hard way and have been sober for over 16-yrs.
I'm not trying to sound like some 'reformed alky' but I can see the bad side of getting screwed-up. I'm not saying noone can do dope or booze, I just can't see any benefits. If, someone wants to screw themselves up, that's their choice. Let them face the consequences of their actions. On the bright side... look at all the jobs created by the construction of re-hab clinics.

Chuck

Wow, did not know I was looking for something ....

Thank you, that's something I really needed to know in my life.

:P

All your snarkiness aside, that was the proper word.

This -:P- doesn't soften the asshattery style tone, and factually incorrect "data" or "chain" in your posts.

Matt

I have yet to see in our constitution or bill of rights, giving someone the right to get high.

That's not how the Constitution works. The only reason the Bill of Rights was added is because some of the Framers wanted to make sure that certain rights were unquestionable. That doesn't mean that anything not listed in the Constitution is not your right.

- Dan G

Those personal experiences are good 'food for thought'. I always thought one could learn from someone slse's mistakes.

Chuck

I've seen people ruin themselves with alcohol and what have you but I don't think that outlawing and banning everything is the solution. I've never understood why, as I don't use anything personally, but for some reason people want to use various substances. And since they're going to do it regardless of if it is illegal or not there will be people who sell and distribute these things. Therefore I would prefer that instead of giving criminals a chance to make a lot of money off of peoples vices I'd rather have a proper government controlled entity doing the providing. Because then it would be easier to offer these people help with dealing their addictions. I'd much rather see that people with substance abuse problems would be treated as people needing help rather then being treated like criminals and be sent to jail.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

My point is, if the only bad thing you can say about drugs is that using them has no value to society and causes harm to the individual and his family, then where do you draw the line?

I didn't read your previous posts to others so if I go off of what you are trying to point out, my bad.

I wouldn't say drugs have no value, I say it has a negative value. Users affect everyone else around them, bring undesirables into neighborhoods. they begin to not care and everyone else has to experience thier blight. It's just not the same as skydiving where a passion took you. this is about something of a decay that takes you.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

This -:P- doesn't soften the asshattery style tone, and factually incorrect "data" or "chain" in your posts.

Matt

And this

is nothing I was asking for.

Just in case you dislike my tone, just skip my posts and read next ones .... :)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I wouldn't say drugs have no value, I say it has a negative value. Users affect everyone else around them, bring undesirables into neighborhoods. they begin to not care and everyone else has to experience thier blight. It's just not the same as skydiving where a passion took you. this is about something of a decay that takes you.

I believe that people should have the right to make value judgements like that for themselves. There are lots of people who think that skydiving is nothing but negative value. For them, that's fine. They can choose not to partake. Similarly, if you feel that drugs have a negative value (as you and I both do), then you can choose not to partake. I don't think the government should make that choice for you.

- Dan G

Matt

And this

is nothing I was asking for.

Just in case you dislike my tone, just skip my posts and read next ones .... :)

I tend too, they are better posts any way.
This one just "called to me".

Matt

To add to my point, over in the biggie soda thread people are (rightly) lamenting the government's atempt to restrict what we can put in our bodies. I think the lament should be the same in this thread.

- Dan G

I have yet to see in our constitution or bill of rights, giving someone the right to get high.

That's not how the Constitution works. The only reason the Bill of Rights was added is because some of the Framers wanted to make sure that certain rights were unquestionable. That doesn't mean that anything not listed in the Constitution is not your right.

It was just explained to me, it falls under 'the persuit of happiness'.
If, that's what people feel is their happiness, fine. It's just not mine. Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean someone else can't dis-agree. People are allowed their opinion. I see too many negatives with dope and booze and others see too many positives. Some folks just have to learn the hard way.

Chuck

Those personal experiences are good 'food for thought'. I always thought one could learn from someone slse's mistakes.

Chuck

I've seen people ruin themselves with alcohol and what have you but I don't think that outlawing and banning everything is the solution. I've never understood why, as I don't use anything personally, but for some reason people want to use various substances. And since they're going to do it regardless of if it is illegal or not there will be people who sell and distribute these things. Therefore I would prefer that instead of giving criminals a chance to make a lot of money off of peoples vices I'd rather have a proper government controlled entity doing the providing. Because then it would be easier to offer these people help with dealing their addictions. I'd much rather see that people with substance abuse problems would be treated as people needing help rather then being treated like criminals and be sent to jail.

If, they break the law while under the influence should they just have to go to re-hab so they won't be treated as criminals?
Would legalization of dope reduce the number of break-ins, car burglaries and armed robberies so someone can get drug money? Not all drug users always have the money to make a purchase.

Chuck

To add to my point, over in the biggie soda thread people are (rightly) lamenting the government's atempt to restrict what we can put in our bodies. I think the lament should be the same in this thread.

To a degree, i agree with you. But I personally believe that if what you put in your body causes a spill-over into other's lives and intrudes on their rights, then those substances/actions should be regulated.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Kind of sounds like you're coming over to the legalization side:D.

Thanks for always being reasonable and willing to listen to people's arguments. We could all learn a lot from your civil demeanor.

Thank you. I really do, try to keep an open mind about things. I can appreciate your side on the matter. I enjoy learning other's views.

Chuck

But I personally believe that if what you put in your body causes a spill-over into other's lives and intrudes on their rights, then those substances/actions should be regulated.

I think it's the intrusion into other's rights that should be regulated, regardless of the cause.

- Dan G