Skyrad

Should UAVs be used to kill Mexican Narco Terrorists?

Oh I've grown tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, herbs, etc. in potted plants on my patio back when I rented apartments, that wasn't my point. My point is I was renting the apartments.

That apartment is your 'home'. You have, if I'm not mistaken, entitled to the same rights as a home owner. Seems to me, if you have a grow permit, there's nothing the landlord can do.

Ah, sounds like I was latching onto a bit of language in your original suggestion that wasn't really what you meant. Fair enough then.

Oh I've grown tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, herbs, etc. in potted plants on my patio back when I rented apartments, that wasn't my point. My point is I was renting the apartments.

That apartment is your 'home'. You have, if I'm not mistaken, entitled to the same rights as a home owner. Seems to me, if you have a grow permit, there's nothing the landlord can do.

Ah, sounds like I was latching onto a bit of language in your original suggestion that wasn't really what you meant. Fair enough then.

Too cool! This internet thing can be a little confusing for a lot of reasons. You can't see facial expressions or inflection and so-on. I thought maybe I was not wording things right. Anyhow, we figured it out.

Oh... I heard earlier on the news, the largest Mexican drug cartel has gotten word to the Italian mafia, they want to join forces so as to get in on the 'coke' trade throughout Europe.
What I want to know is, how much money do the cartels need? They have huge warehouses where large boxes of money is stored. They take their money and just box it and stack it.

Chuck

Whats in it for the Mafia? They are already riding a wave in Europe as outside of Italy there is hardly any anti Mafia legislation. Between them and the Russians the cake is pretty cut up (Pun intended).
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Whats in it for the Mafia? They are already riding a wave in Europe as outside of Italy there is hardly any anti Mafia legislation. Between them and the Russians the cake is pretty cut up (Pun intended).

The only thing I can think of is, the Mexican gang thinks they can gather-up, go to Europe, wipe-out enough Mafia like they have Mexican police and others, and take control. From all I've read, the Mexican gangs intend to take world control of the drug trade. I don't think they know what they are in for!

Chuck

I'm not stepping on anyone's rights. I have yet to see in our constitution or bill of rights, giving someone the right to get high.

Skydiving is not in the Constitution... you OK with banning it?

Riding a horse is not in the Constitution, you OK with banning it?

Robbing a bank is not a right it's a choice.

And here you ignore the part I said twice about "AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT HURT OTHERS". Until you admit that part.... This discussion has no point.

I'm not stepping on anyone's rights. I have yet to see in our constitution or bill of rights, giving someone the right to get high.

Skydiving is not in the Constitution... you OK with banning it?

Riding a horse is not in the Constitution, you OK with banning it?

Robbing a bank is not a right it's a choice.

And here you ignore the part I said twice about "AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT HURT OTHERS". Until you admit that part.... This discussion has no point.

Too often, doing shit does involve others. If, my horse throws me, kicks me or bites me in the ass, only involves me.
If, you can guarantee me that folks doing dope doesn't hurt someone else then, git after it!

Chuck

Too often, doing shit does involve others. If, my horse throws me, kicks me or bites me in the ass, only involves me.
If, you can guarantee me that folks doing dope doesn't hurt someone else then, git after it!

He needs to be more careful about his language. It's not whether it hurts others, it's whether it infringes upon the rights of others.

People don't have a right to "not be hurt" in the general sense of the term. People have a right to not have you run them down and trample them with your horse, but they don't have a right to feel a little bit safer knowing that can't happen because horses are banned.

Similarly, people have a right to not catch a bullet fired through a wall of a neighbors home because a deal over illegal drugs went bad, but they don't have a right to feel a little bit better thinking that can't happen because drugs are illegal. The [ironic] difference here is, it's the law that sets up the infringements of the rights of others that result from the use of the drug... all emotional hurt aside.

He needs to be more careful about his language. It's not whether it hurts others, it's whether it infringes upon the rights of others.

People don't have a right to "not be hurt" in the general sense of the term. People have a right to not have you run them down and trample them with your horse, but they don't have a right to feel a little bit safer knowing that can't happen because horses are banned.

Similarly, people have a right to not catch a bullet fired through a wall of a neighbors home because a deal over illegal drugs went bad, but they don't have a right to feel a little bit better thinking that can't happen because drugs are illegal. The [ironic] difference here is, it's the law that sets up the infringements of the rights of others that result from the use of the drug... all emotional hurt aside.

Someone will get hurt because someone else uses illicit drugs. You cannot put emotional hurt so casually aside. Sometimes, emotional hurt lasts longer than any other. Why, do you think they call it dope?

Chuck

I know plenty of cases where this is simply not true.
Between my time in the USN, my biker friends and my sky jumper friends, I have seen TONS of recreational use of pot.

The overwhelming majority of them had zero side effects.
Outside of the legality, I have never seen an issue with pot in my lifetime. So long as it's used responsibly.

From the article:

"An expert on toxicology testing said that marijuana alone wasn't likely to cause behavior as strange as Eugene's."

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Not being funny but errors don't bother anyone much when they're used in Pakistan so it seems like something of a double standard to use that as an excuse not to.

(I'm not saying you've got a double standard as I don't know what your view of using the in Pakistan is, I'm talking about the argument not you).

I see your angle so I'll take a crack at this one:

Humanity knows many divisions over gender, nationality, race, religion and class.

Let's look at it.

Gender: Probably the most divisive force, but not really applicable to this situation.

Nationality: Hmmm. Americans live in a "democratic" society. I'm willing to bet if polled today or 15 years ago Americans would view mexico as much more "democratic" than pakistan.
1 strike against pakistan.

Race: Both Mexicans and Pakistanis are "brown". Lets call this one a push too.

Religion: Mexico tends to be a Christian country. Americans tend to associate themselves with Christianity most among the religions....Pakistan? Muslim.
Another Strike against Pakistan.

Class: I would wager that most Americans would view Mexicans as having higher socio-economic status than most people from pakistan.
Another strike against Pakistan.

That's three strikes against Pakistan. In my mind that means we can bomb the shit out of them for damn near any reason someone makes up and most Americans won’t give two shits.

The issue you are alluding to, and the drug issue for that matter, might be cured if people would work towards fully understanding and appreciating "the other."....I'm not holding my breath.

From the article:

"An expert on toxicology testing said that marijuana alone wasn't likely to cause behavior as strange as Eugene's."

Matt

It just looked like perfect foddder for the anti dopers. You know how people can twist things.

Chuck

This was further in the story...

An addiction expert said she wouldn't rule out marijuana causing the agitation.

"It could have been the strain of marijuana that increases the dopamine in the brain, such as sativa," said Dr. Patricia Junquera, assistant professor at the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.

There are two strains of marijuana called sativa and indica. The sativa increases dopamine and gives you energy while decreasing pain threshold. Indica is a "sleepy high," she explained.

"People don't really know what the amount of either is in each little packet of marijuana," she explained. "And we can't differentiate between the two in the blood, much less in a dead person."

She also suggested that if Eugene had a mental disorder, "the marijuana could have increased even further the dopamine levels and aggravated the situation. So that can't be ruled out."

Chuck