davjohns

Changing status to Illegal Alien

Funny. I tried to join a sorority in college. I've even approached the personnel section about changing my ethnic status. I kind of like the idea here:

Dear Senator Harkin,

As a native Iowan and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

My primary reason for wishing to change my status from U.S. Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for only three of the last five years. I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.

Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005.

Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as 'in-state' tuition rates for many colleges throughout the United States for my son.

Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me, given that I still have college age children driving my car.

If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative. Thank you for your assistance

Your Loyal Constituent, (hoping to reach 'illegal alien' status rather than just a bonafide citizen of the USA )
Donald Ruppert
Burlington , IA
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

The man who wrote that did a good job!!

We all know why that bill was passed... just politicians suckin'-up for more votes. Who wouldn't vote for a guy who got them bought and paid for citizenship? Meanwhile, all those illegals can sit-back and laugh at those poor folks slogging through the system to become U.S. citizens legally. The illegals got them an 'express lane'! What a deal!

Chuck

Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me, given that I still have college age children driving my car.

The law usually doesn't treat illegal aliens any different from the rest of us and you're welcome to follow their lead.

While EMTALA requires the emergency room to get you to a stable state without any remaining life/limb/or organ threatening conditions, it doesn't require them to fix you so you can do sports like skydiving and still lets them bill you for the total without the insurance company's negotiated discounts.

If you're judgement proof due to having no assets like a stereotypical illegal immigrant who may be working under the table for less than minimum wage that doesn't matter. OTOH, with cars, houses, etc. it matters.

Similarly, where your housing conditions aren't better than jail being arrested for driving without a license too many times might be a step up in the world. When your house is nicer you want a driver's license.

Finally, with enough assets to be worth protecting but not enough to self-insure for a potential seven figure payout you need car insurance more than that guy does.

>If my understanding of this bill is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the
>United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine
>and income taxes for only three of the last five years.

His understanding isn't accurate. The DREAM act doesn't apply to adults.

>Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year
>so I'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a
>$2,000 fine.

Don't need to be an illegal alien to do that. Just don't pay your taxes and the IRS will be happy to fine you. (Of course eventually you will have to pay them back, just as illegal aliens do - if we don't give them the boot, that is.)

>Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my
>primary health care provider.

Or just become a Republican. It's easier, and then you actually qualify for many of the healthcare programs that illegal aliens do not.

>Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my
>driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very
>important to me, given that I still have college age children driving my car.

Don't need to be an illegal alien to do that, either. Just don't renew your license and don't pay insurance. You might end up in jail for a long time, but of course so would an illegal alien.

I don't believe Reagan required any payment from the millions of illegal's he granted amnesty to in 1986.

Then again, I don't hear much from the right these days about Simpson-Mazolli.

Apples/oranges, although I do recall discussions about cracking down on people hiring illegals in the fairly recent past - guess it didn't make it past your filters since it was the conservatives talking about the idea being a good thing, while the liberals said it wasn't.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Hint: false papers- driver's license, birth cirtificate... not a problem to get all the
>benefits.

I agree, it's easy to cheat on many things, including benefits, taxes etc. But citizens as well as illegal aliens can (and do) game the system.

>Hint: false papers- driver's license, birth cirtificate... not a problem to get all the
>benefits.

I agree, it's easy to cheat on many things, including benefits, taxes etc. But citizens as well as illegal aliens can (and do) game the system.

You bet they do but why should we let it get worse?
It's only costing you and every other tax payer a lot of money to let the leeches on our society get away with it. The whole mess needs to be seriously cracked-down on.

Chuck

Chuck

>It's only costing you and every other tax payer a lot of money to let the leeches on
>our society get away with it.

You're from Texas, right? From the Texas comptroller's office:

"The Comptroller’s report estimates that undocumented immigrants in Texas generate more taxes and other revenue than the state spends on them."

"The absence of the estimated 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas in fiscal 2005 would have been a loss to our gross state product of $17.7 billion. Undocumented immigrants produced $1.58 billion in state revenues, which exceeded the $1.16 billion in state services they received."

"The Comptroller estimates costs of $1.3 billion for hospitals and $141.9 million for local incarceration attributed to undocumented immigrants. Likewise, the Comptroller estimates undocumented immigrants paid more than $513 million in local taxes."

http://www.cpa.state.tx.us/specialrpt/undocumented/undocumented.pdf

So while I agree that people should come here legally, not illegally, illegal immigrants save you a fair chunk of change come tax time.

I took the time to carefully read the report you supplied. I find it a bit mis-leading. Why wouldn't the same money amounts be the same if, the 1.4million plus illegals were replaced with U.S. citizens? Anyone here in the state who purchases anything, pays sales tax. Anyone who owns property in Texas, pays property taxes and school taxes. Not to mention the purchase of State Lottery tickets (not mentioned in the report) Also, the author of the report is no longer our State Comptroller and was 'questionable' while she was.

Chuck

>Why wouldn't the same money amounts be the same if, the 1.4million plus illegals
>were replaced with U.S. citizens?

They would be similar! Practically, though, the only way to make that happen is to naturalize the lot of them.

>Anyone here in the state who purchases anything, pays sales tax. Anyone who owns
>property in Texas, pays property taxes and school taxes.

Agreed. And I think that was the point of the report; overall they contribute far more in taxes than they use in state services through the same taxes everyone else pays.

And I think that was the point of the report; overall they contribute far more in taxes than they use in state services through the same taxes everyone else pays.

And I think that is a very poor idea to use that as an excuse for the presence of illegal aliens. Yes, some do use that as an excuse.

If it were valid, then hell, do away with all of immigration and let just that many more come in and provide even more surplus.

Ummmmm....somehow I don't think that would be a good idea.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Pops kinda' beat me to the punch. That too is what I saw in the report. We have a state that is supposed to uphold our nations laws yet Texas is defending violators of our Immigration laws just for money! That's the bottom line for anything now days... money. Doesn't matter who these people are, good, bad or indifferent as long as someone profits from it and our politicians defend it. I'm sure, it's not just Texas doing it. Sad damned commentary for our country.

Chuck

I believe, a lot of this comes straight from the Rick Perry crowd. Perry says out of one side of his mouth that he wants tough immigration laws, a wall along the border (not too big of a wall) and any means to keep out illegals. Out of the other side of his mouth, he says he wants a way for illegals to attend colleges. The state comptroller at the time of the report we've been discussing, was a big supporter of Rick Perry.

Chuck

Pops kinda' beat me to the punch. That too is what I saw in the report. We have a state that is supposed to uphold our nations laws yet Texas is defending violators of our Immigration laws just for money! That's the bottom line for anything now days... money. Doesn't matter who these people are, good, bad or indifferent as long as someone profits from it and our politicians defend it. I'm sure, it's not just Texas doing it. Sad damned commentary for our country.

Chuck

So, you want the Government to spend more money, so it can make the same amount of money or less?

During these cash strapped times, do you think that is smart?

Chuck

So, you want the Government to spend more money, so it can make the same amount of money or less?

During these cash strapped times, do you think that is smart?

...and I take it that you see fit to allow anyone and everyone, illegally, into this country just to make money?
No! I want to see our politicians to do their damned jobs and quit taking the easy way out and quit selling-out our country.

Chuck

>Why wouldn't the same money amounts be the same if, the 1.4million plus illegals
>were replaced with U.S. citizens?

They would be similar! Practically, though, the only way to make that happen is to naturalize the lot of them.

>Anyone here in the state who purchases anything, pays sales tax. Anyone who owns
>property in Texas, pays property taxes and school taxes.

Agreed. And I think that was the point of the report; overall they contribute far more in taxes than they use in state services through the same taxes everyone else pays.

And at the same time ripping off the Federal Government for BILLIONS through bogus income tax
claims
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Something I don't understand is, we pour billions of dollars into 'loans' to other countries that don't get paid-back and we're in an economic mess here in this country. I think it's time we 'break their plates' and start seeing to our country. Our wasteful spending in so many areas is keeping us in the red. It's time this country gets back to work and get serious.

Chuck

Something I don't understand is, we pour billions of dollars into 'loans' to other countries that don't get paid-back and we're in an economic mess here in this country. I think it's time we 'break their plates' and start seeing to our country. Our wasteful spending in so many areas is keeping us in the red. It's time this country gets back to work and get serious.

Chuck

Loans and foreign aid are a pittance of the budget. Of course we could cut that but to get serious about our wasteful spending we need to go after entitlements, corporate welfare, and military spending. That's where the money is.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Chuck

Loans and foreign aid are a pittance of the budget. Of course we could cut that but to get serious about our wasteful spending we need to go after entitlements, corporate welfare, and military spending. That's where the money is.

Thanks, for that!! Seems to me, we need someone in our government who is willing to stand-up and make the proper 'cuts' and is not part of the 'Washington machine'.
I do believe, we need a strong military but I believe too, the 'Masters of War' want too much and get it.
We need to tighten our belts a bit and get-over being such a spoiled nation.
Where do 'special interest groups' enter into the equation of frivilous spending?

Chuck