RonD1120

Received Message on Presidential Hubris

"Hubris (hu·bris), also hybris, means extreme haughtiness, pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.

George W. Bush speech after the capture of Saddam Hussein:

The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq. The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the Dictator’s footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.

Barack Obama speech after the death of Osama bin Laden, Sunday, May 1, 2011:

And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as I continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network. Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by my intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan . And finally, last week, I determined that I had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad , Pakistan."

Now I understand the difference.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

George W. Bush speech after the capture of Saddam Hussein:

The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq. The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the Dictator’s footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.

Barack Obama speech after the death of Osama bin Laden, Sunday, May 1, 2011:

Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who've worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice.

We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation that has borne the heaviest share of the burden since that September day.

Dickhead.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Hubris indeed.

Ronny, it takes no effort to cut & paste a chain e-mail, and only a tiny bit more to pause and reflect on whether one should do it.

If you must assume the parental role in addressing my comments at least spell my high school nickname correct. It is Ronnie.

How come no comments on the Notre Dame post?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

So you prefer Ronnie to Ronny, and you want to talk about priests and cowboys. I see.

Do you like movies about gladiators, Ronnie? ;)

My mom gave me the nickname and the spelling. I was named after Ronald Reagan.

And no, gladiator movies are no big deal. Why do you ask?

It is funny to see Republicans so butt hurt over the fact that OBL was killed while a Democratic president was in office.

:D:D

An Amazon wannbe working from a false premise:D

Priceless:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It is funny to see Republicans so butt hurt over the fact that OBL was killed while a Democratic president was in office.

:D:D

An Amazon wannbe working from a false premise:D

Priceless:D

Your English is improving. Keep up the good work!

Keep me laughing

makes the day go faster :D
Abraham Lincoln

Not butt hurt about it at all. The problem is that he is taking credit for information that was gotten from the prior president using methods that he has publicly denounced over and over again.

Now in the process of "spiking the football" over the whole deal, he has hung the guy that helped him out to dry.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/05/23/Shakil-Afridi-Osama-Bin-Laden

It's not that he took credit for making the call, I will give him that, but to try to make it sound like he did it all himself and is creating an enviroment where nobody in their right mind would help us out again, well, ......
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Not butt hurt about it at all. The problem is that he is taking credit for information that was gotten from the prior president using methods that he has publicly denounced over and over again.

Now in the process of "spiking the football" over the whole deal, he has hung the guy that helped him out to dry.

It's not that he took credit for making the call, I will give him that, but to try to make it sound like he did it all himself and is creating an enviroment where nobody in their right mind would help us out again, well, ......

Those same technics that Pelosin and the Dems all knew about WHEN it was happening

And then she lies and said I was not told

I am glad Obama got him

It had to be a gut wrenching call the send them in

But now I see his admin turned on the Dr that gave them the info showing them where BL was hiding
(the link you provided)

33 years in a prison for that guy

Dont trust this admin

They got the busses lined up for when they need them
Abraham Lincoln

Obama's latest book.

At least that's a photoshop, John. Bush strutting around in a flight suit, and later making a speech in front of a "Mission Accomplished" sign was the real him.

Bad-ass in a flight suit? Bush was a chronically absent Air Guardsman keeping the Gulf of Mexico safe from the Vietcong. "Mission Accomplished"? 4,300 more service-members were killed after that whopper of a lie.

You guys really want to keep competing Obama against Bush, of all past GOP presidents? Seriously? If I were you, I'd stop shootin' my wad on that dead end and start focusing on building up Romney.

Those same technics that Pelosin and the Dems all knew about WHEN it was happening

I am glad Obama got him

But now I see his admin turned on the Dr that gave them the info showing them where BL was hiding
(the link you provided)

Dont trust this admin

Leon Panetta had to make an end run around BHO to get the mission hot. Admiral McRaven was set up as the fall guy if it all went south. In the released photo of the powers that be when the SOF was at the OBL compound, BHO looks like the least mature member of the streaming video audience.

Yeah, leadership at work, right.

I am glad Obama got him

(the link you provided)

Dont trust this admin

Leon Panetta had to make an end run around BHO to get the mission hot. Admiral McRaven was set up as the fall guy if it all went south. In the released photo of the powers that be when the SOF was at the OBL compound, BHO looks like the least mature member of the streaming video audience.

Yeah, leadership at work, right.

Ya

I have seen all that

Just giving the benifit of the doubt here
Abraham Lincoln

Agreed. Let's not focus on before, after, or any of the other details. Lets just focus on the fact that he made the call. That's what the White house wants, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIwalsatg4c&feature=related :ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Agreed. Let's not focus on before, after, or any of the other details. Lets just focus on the fact that he made the call. That's what the White house wants, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIwalsatg4c&feature=related :ph34r:

Maybe what the WH wants

But me? I am just tired of it

Aint doing him any good now any way

So no reason to care
Abraham Lincoln

Colin Powell said we would go after whoever was responsible for September 1tth with "Unproportional retribution".
Except we didn't, because Cheney and Rumsfeld had the brilliant idea of nation building in Iraq.
So President Obama makes the call to finally rid the world of Bin Laden and now all of the Republicans put the spin on it.
Pathetic and insulting to the 9/11 victim's families.
Your pals GWB, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice should all be rotting in Guantanimo Bay with the other traitors.