RonD1120

Received Message on Presidential Hubris

Colin Powell said we would go after whoever was responsible for September 1tth with "Unproportional retribution".
Except we didn't, because Cheney and Rumsfeld had the brilliant idea of nation building in Iraq.
So President Obama makes the call to finally rid the world of Bin Laden and now all of the Republicans put the spin on it.
Pathetic and insulting to the 9/11 victim's families.
Your pals GWB, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice should all be rotting in Guantanimo Bay with the other traitors.

The double standard is palpable. I remember the Iranian hostage crisis of 1979-80. Everybody got on Carter's case for being a Democrat wimp and not doing something. So he did something; but it turned out to be the failed rescue mission in April 1980. Huge cluster-fuck; and operationally, it really was the fault of the military, not the civilian leadership. The next day, Carter went on national TV and accepted responsibility as CIC. Thereafter, the majority of people didn't say, "Hey, Carter made the call; give him credit for that and don't blame him for the military's screw-up"; they blamed Carter. And it cost him the election 6 months later.

Now Obama made the call on OBL, and when it worked, the detractors sing the other tune. You can bet that had the mission gone South, Obama - rightfully - would have been held accountable.

Too bad Clinton didn't order Special Forces to pull the trigger the half dozen or so times they literally had him in the cross hairs. Of course, then 911 would never have happened and Obama couldn't take credit for making the call. I guess you could say Clinton helped with Obamas re-election attempt.

Too bad Clinton didn't order Special Forces to pull the trigger the half dozen or so times they literally had him in the cross hairs. Of course, then 911 would never have happened and Obama couldn't take credit for making the call. I guess you could say Clinton helped with Obamas re-election attempt.

You do realize that Osama was trained by the CIA under the Reagan administration?

If you want to find blame for his creation, look to our foreign policies.

If you want to find a President to blame, blame Reagan.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Leon Panetta had to make an end run around BHO to get the mission hot. Admiral McRaven was set up as the fall guy if it all went south. In the released photo of the powers that be when the SOF was at the OBL compound, BHO looks like the least mature member of the streaming video audience.

Bush:

I don't know where he is. I am truly not that concerned about him.

Obama:

I think it is a top priority for us to stamp out al-Qaeda once and for all. And I think capturing or killing bin Laden is a critical aspect of stamping out al-Qaeda,

Quates are fun.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You do realize that Osama was trained by the CIA under the Reagan administration?

Ian

Yeah, when Russia (actually the Soviet Union) invaded Afghanistan, the US "helped" the Afghans repel the Soviets.

The US also "helped" Saddam fight his war against Iran in the 80's that ended in a stalemate. Funny how all that comes back to bite us in the ass sometimes.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ian

I blame Osamas mama.

My mom gave me the nickname and the spelling. I was named after Ronald Reagan.

Probably because they admired Reagan's work as president of a labor union. That's why a friend of mine was named after him.

I think my mom just liked him as a movie actor.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

My mom gave me the nickname and the spelling. I was named after Ronald Reagan.

Probably because they admired Reagan's work as president of a labor union. That's why a friend of mine was named after him.

I think my mom just liked him as a movie actor.

Could have been worse. Could have named you Ray Gun.