rushmc

Now a Clean Coal Evolution?

Hmmm
He must be reading Gallups new Presidential Tracking Polls

The gay community must have more money for him than the green groups

President Obama has set a 10-year goal to develop and deploy cost-effective clean coal technology,” the website now says.

After some pressure of course

Will follow this

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/226867-obama-campaign-adds-clean-coal-to-its-website-amid-gop-complaints
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

President Obama has set a 10-year goal to develop and deploy cost-effective clean coal technology”

I wonder if that's to occur before or after his previously stated goal of bankrupting them?

Gotta wonder...
Abraham Lincoln

maybe the multiracial one reads SC?

sad thing is the wasted money on green when if those evil giant carbon problems were addressed and into full swing, there would be residual monies to play with green things and the nation would be busy working and not collecting unemployment.

most all of the energy companies have been looking into the next chapter of energy without being directed to by the multiracial one. the saudi's and everybody else knows that the oil can't last forever and when the change comes, they want to be on the cutting edge.

as with HBO, ooops wrong order, BHO, he must be dyslexic, even in the academic world first you prove your premise, then train folks to work the buttons and valves. his approach was like giving the final test the first day of class and then spending the rest of the semester teaching the course material. we sure got a lot of bang for the buck with all of that green job training.

might not have been a bad thing to get the jobs situation under wraps so that when folks were making some money they could afford to buy some green devices.

a person of his ego (I, I, I, I....) does not back track, ever. that would force him, the multiracial one, to admit he was wrong and that will NEVER happen.

HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT THE "US NAT GAS ACT"
Eliminate oil imports ,reduce emmission by50%
USA energy independence.
Convert Dirty Coal plant to Nat. Gas.
Boost Manufacturing/Construction. US NAT GAS = 11 Bucks for a barrel of oil equiviant
reduce transpotation cost/energy intensive Products,at the same time reduce pollution.
MANY MORE BENIFITS not listed.
I've been fallowing this bill for 3 yrs,HOPING FOR CHANGE? LOL
NOW, DEMs will say the REPBs won't pass anything,
But the Dems are doing the Same!!!!

>might not have been a bad thing to get the jobs situation under wraps so
>that when folks were making some money they could afford to buy some
>green devices.

Or he could push green jobs. Which is what he's done. A friend of mine (and a staunch conservative) was recently signing his praises; he made a lot of money bankrolling solar installations in San Diego.

Well, wasn't singing his praises, exactly. More like "I made a lot of money off that guy."

Needless to say a lot of those efforts have failed as well. But I'd rather have 20,000 people employed via such initiatives than none.

>a person of his ego (I, I, I, I....) does not back track, ever. that would
>force him, the multiracial one, to admit he was wrong and that will NEVER
>happen.

On the oil spill:

"I take responsibility for that. There wasn’t sufficient urgency in terms of the pace of how those changes needed to take place. Obviously they weren’t happening fast enough. If they were happening fast enough, this might have been caught."

On the Tom Daschle controversy:

"I screwed up. I’ve got to own up to my mistake. Ultimately, it's important for this administration to send a message that there aren't two sets of rules — you know, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes,"

You were saying?

Ultimately, it's important for this administration to send a message that there aren't two sets of rules — you know, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes,"

You were saying?

You'll note the key phrase..."send a message".
I would be believable if the reality matched the message.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

"Needless to say a lot of those efforts have failed as well. But I'd rather have 20,000 people employed via such initiatives than none. "

Do you have any concept what "opportunity costs" are? If Obama has spent the billions of dollars elsewhere, perhaps on bridges, roads and schools, we would have hundreds of thousands of jobs. There is also this thing called MATH you might want to look into. 20,000 jobs created with the cost of over 6.5 billion. http://hotair.com/archives/2012/01/13/cbs-obama-admin-spent-6-5-billion-on-risky-green-tech-ventures/ comes out to....let’s see.....just about $325,000 per job. Not the best way to spend the tax payers hard earned dollar.

>If Obama has spent the billions of dollars elsewhere, perhaps on bridges,
>roads and schools, we would have hundreds of thousands of jobs.

He did that as well. In fact I believe conservatives recently attacked him for doing just that. I am sure you see no problems with both condemning him for doing it and crucifying him for not doing it.

>. http://hotair.com/...green-tech-ventures/

Your posts might have a bit more credibility if you didn't base them on "the leading conservative blog for breaking news and commentary."

He did not spend the money on bridges and roads that he indicated he would when the phrase shovel ready projects came into the political dialog

He was attacked for NOT doing that because (as Obama himself said jokingly) those project where not shovel ready AND the money was really never intended for that anyway

His goal for those dollars what teacher union retrirment bailouts in CA and other such SEIU payouts

Your posts might have a bit more credibility if you... ... . never mind[:/]

Abraham Lincoln

>He did not spend the money on bridges and roads

There is a new overpass where I work that was paid for (in part) by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. I'll take a picture of it next time I am down there.

>He was attacked for NOT doing that . . .

. . . by some very ignorant people apparently:
============================================
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, abbreviated ARRA (Pub.L. 111-5) and commonly referred to as the Stimulus or The Recovery Act, is an economic stimulus package enacted by the 111th United States Congress in February 2009 and signed into law on February 17, 2009, by President Barack Obama.

To respond to the late-2000s recession, the primary objective for ARRA was to save and create jobs almost immediately. Secondary objectives were to provide temporary relief programs for those most impacted by the recession and invest in infrastructure, education, health, and ‘green’ energy. The approximate cost of the economic stimulus package was estimated to be $787 billion at the time of passage, later revised to $831 billion between 2009 and 2019. . . .

Infrastructure

Senate — $46 billion for transportation projects, including $27 billion for highway and bridge construction and repair and $11.5 billion for mass transit and rail projects; $4.6 billion for the Army Corps of Engineers; $5 billion for public housing improvements; $6.4 billion for clean and drinking water projects.
House — $47 billion for transportation projects, including $27 billion for highway and bridge construction and repair and $12 billion for mass transit, including $7.5 billion to buy transit equipment such as buses; and $31 billion to build and repair federal buildings and other public infrastructures. . . . .

Infrastructure Investment - Total: $105.3 billion
Transportation

Road and highway construction is the biggest single line infrastructure item in the final bill.

$27.5 billion for highway and bridge construction projects
$8 billion for intercity passenger rail projects and rail congestion grants, with priority for high-speed rail
$6.9 billion for new equipment for public transportation projects (Federal Transit Administration)
$1.5 billion for national surface transportation discretionary grants
$1.3 billion for Amtrak
$1.1 billion in grants for airport improvements
$750 million for the construction of new public rail transportation systems and other fixed guideway systems.
$750 million for the maintenance of existing public transportation systems
$200 million for FAA upgrades to air traffic control centers and towers, facilities, and equipment
$100 million in grants for improvements to domestic shipyards

Water, sewage, environment, and public lands

Total: $18 billion

$4.6 billion for the Army Corps of Engineers for environmental restoration, flood protection, hydropower, and navigation infrastructure projects
$4 billion for the Clean Water State Revolving Fund wastewater treatment infrastructure improvements (EPA)
$2 billion for the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund drinking water infrastructure improvements (EPA)
$1.38 billion for rural drinking water and waste disposal projects
$1 billion to the Bureau of Reclamation for drinking water projects for rural or drought-likely areas
$750 million to the National Park Service
$650 million to the Forest Service
$600 million for hazardous waste cleanup at Superfund sites (EPA)
$515 million for wildfire prevention projects
$500 million for Bureau of Indian Affairs infrastructure projects
$340 million to the Natural Resources Conservation Service for watershed infrastructure projects
$320 million to the Bureau of Land Management
$300 million for reductions in emissions from diesel engines (EPA)
$300 million to improve Land Ports of Entry (GSA)
$280 million for National Wildlife Refuges and the National Fish Hatchery System
$220 million to the International Boundary and Water Commission to repair flood control systems along the Rio Grande
$200 million for cleanup of leaking Underground Storage Tanks (EPA)
$100 million for cleaning former industrial and commercial sites (Brownfields) (EPA)

Government buildings and facilities
Impact of the ARRA on Department of Defense facilities across the nation.

Total: $7.2 billion

$4.2 billion to repair and modernize Defense Department facilities.
$890 million to improve housing for service members
$750 million for federal buildings and U.S. Courthouses (GSA)
$250 million to improve Job Corps training facilities
$240 million for new child development centers
$240 million for the maintenance of United States Coast Guard facilities
$200 million for Department of Homeland Security headquarters
$176 million for Agriculture Research Service repairs and improvements
$150 million for the construction of state extended-care facilities
$100 million to improve facilities of the National Guard

Communications, information, and security technologies
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) map showing the availability of broadband internet access in the U.S.

Total: $10.5 billion

$7.2 billion for complete broadband and wireless Internet access
$1 billion for explosive detection systems for airports
$500 million to update the computer center at the Social Security Administration
$420 million for construction and repairs at ports of entry
$290 million to upgrade IT platforms at the State Department
$280 million to upgrade border security technologies
$210 million to build and upgrade fire stations
$200 million for IT and claims processing improvements for Veterans Benefits Administration
$150 million to upgrade port security
$150 million for the security of transit systems
$50 million for IT improvements at the Farm Service Agency
$26 million to improve security systems at the Department of Agriculture headquarters

Energy Infrastructure

Total: $21.5 billion

$6 billion for the cleanup of radioactive waste (mostly nuclear weapons production sites)
$4.5 billion for the Office of Electricity and Energy Reliability to modernize the nation's electrical grid and smart grid.
$4.5 billion to increase energy efficiency in federal buildings (GSA)
$3.25 billion for the Western Area Power Administration for power transmission system upgrades.
$3.25 billion for the Bonneville Power Administration for power transmission system upgrades.

>He did not spend the money on bridges and roads

There is a new overpass where I work that was paid for (in part) by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. I'll take a picture of it next time I am down there.

>He was attacked for NOT doing that . . .

. . . by some very ignorant people apparently:
============================================
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, abbreviated ARRA (Pub.L. 111-5) and commonly referred to as the Stimulus or The Recovery Act, is an economic stimulus package enacted by the 111th United States Congress in February 2009 and signed into law on February 17, 2009, by President Barack Obama.

To respond to the late-2000s recession, the primary objective for ARRA was to save and create jobs almost immediately. Secondary objectives were to provide temporary relief programs for those most impacted by the recession and invest in infrastructure, education, health, and ‘green’ energy. The approximate cost of the economic stimulus package was estimated to be $787 billion at the time of passage, later revised to $831 billion between 2009 and 2019. . . .

Infrastructure

Senate — $46 billion for transportation projects, including $27 billion for highway and bridge construction and repair and $11.5 billion for mass transit and rail projects; $4.6 billion for the Army Corps of Engineers; $5 billion for public housing improvements; $6.4 billion for clean and drinking water projects.
House — $47 billion for transportation projects, including $27 billion for highway and bridge construction and repair and $12 billion for mass transit, including $7.5 billion to buy transit equipment such as buses; and $31 billion to build and repair federal buildings and other public infrastructures. . . . .

Infrastructure Investment - Total: $105.3 billion
Transportation

Road and highway construction is the biggest single line infrastructure item in the final bill.

$27.5 billion for highway and bridge construction projects
$8 billion for intercity passenger rail projects and rail congestion grants, with priority for high-speed rail
$6.9 billion for new equipment for public transportation projects (Federal Transit Administration)
$1.5 billion for national surface transportation discretionary grants
$1.3 billion for Amtrak
$1.1 billion in grants for airport improvements
$750 million for the construction of new public rail transportation systems and other fixed guideway systems.
$750 million for the maintenance of existing public transportation systems
$200 million for FAA upgrades to air traffic control centers and towers, facilities, and equipment
$100 million in grants for improvements to domestic shipyards

Water, sewage, environment, and public lands

Total: $18 billion

$4.6 billion for the Army Corps of Engineers for environmental restoration, flood protection, hydropower, and navigation infrastructure projects
$4 billion for the Clean Water State Revolving Fund wastewater treatment infrastructure improvements (EPA)
$2 billion for the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund drinking water infrastructure improvements (EPA)
$1.38 billion for rural drinking water and waste disposal projects
$1 billion to the Bureau of Reclamation for drinking water projects for rural or drought-likely areas
$750 million to the National Park Service
$650 million to the Forest Service
$600 million for hazardous waste cleanup at Superfund sites (EPA)
$515 million for wildfire prevention projects
$500 million for Bureau of Indian Affairs infrastructure projects
$340 million to the Natural Resources Conservation Service for watershed infrastructure projects
$320 million to the Bureau of Land Management
$300 million for reductions in emissions from diesel engines (EPA)
$300 million to improve Land Ports of Entry (GSA)
$280 million for National Wildlife Refuges and the National Fish Hatchery System
$220 million to the International Boundary and Water Commission to repair flood control systems along the Rio Grande
$200 million for cleanup of leaking Underground Storage Tanks (EPA)
$100 million for cleaning former industrial and commercial sites (Brownfields) (EPA)

Government buildings and facilities
Impact of the ARRA on Department of Defense facilities across the nation.

Total: $7.2 billion

$4.2 billion to repair and modernize Defense Department facilities.

Communications, information, and security technologies
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) map showing the availability of broadband internet access in the U.S.

Total: $10.5 billion

$7.2 billion for complete broadband and wireless Internet access
$1 billion for explosive detection systems for airports
$500 million to update the computer center at the Social Security Administration
$420 million for construction and repairs at ports of entry
$290 million to upgrade IT platforms at the State Department
$280 million to upgrade border security technologies
$210 million to build and upgrade fire stations
$200 million for IT and claims processing improvements for Veterans Benefits Administration
$150 million to upgrade port security
$150 million for the security of transit systems
$50 million for IT improvements at the Farm Service Agency
$26 million to improve security systems at the Department of Agriculture headquarters

Energy Infrastructure

Total: $21.5 billion

$6 billion for the cleanup of radioactive waste (mostly nuclear weapons production sites)
$4.5 billion for the Office of Electricity and Energy Reliability to modernize the nation's electrical grid and smart grid.
$4.5 billion to increase energy efficiency in federal buildings (GSA)
$3.25 billion for the Western Area Power Administration for power transmission system upgrades.
$3.25 billion for the Bonneville Power Administration for power transmission system upgrades.

Please send us the link

I know what was proposed but, what was actually done? Obama even admitted very little

Link please
Abraham Lincoln

>Please send us the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Recovery_and_Reinvestment_Act_of_

>I know what was proposed but, what was actually done?

From the same link:

=========
One year after the stimulus, several independent macroeconomic firms, including Moody's and IHS Global Insight, estimated that the stimulus saved or created 1.6 to 1.8 million jobs and forecast a total impact of 2.5 million jobs saved by the time the stimulus is completed
=========
T]he revised data ... showed that the economy was plunging even more rapidly than we had previously recognised in the two quarters following the collapse of Lehman. Yet, the plunge stopped in the second quarter of 2009 – just as the stimulus came on line. This was followed by respectable growth over the next four quarters. Growth then weakened again as the impact of the stimulus began to fade at the end of 2010 and the start of this year. In other words, the growth pattern shown by the revised data sure makes it appear that the stimulus worked. The main problem would seem to be that the stimulus was not big enough and it wasn't left in place long enough to lift the economy to anywhere near potential output.
=========
In August 2010, Republican Senators Tom Coburn and John McCain released a report listing 100 projects it described as the "most wasteful projects" funded by the Act. In total, the projects questioned by the two senators amounted to about $15 billion, or less than 2% of the $862 billion. The two senators did concede that the stimulus has had a positive effect on the economy.
==========

So even McCain and Coburn said it worked.

>If Obama has spent the billions of dollars elsewhere, perhaps on bridges,
>roads and schools, we would have hundreds of thousands of jobs.

He did that as well. In fact I believe conservatives recently attacked him for doing just that. I am sure you see no problems with both condemning him for doing it and crucifying him for not doing it.

>. http://hotair.com/...green-tech-ventures/

Your posts might have a bit more credibility if you didn't base them on "the leading conservative blog for breaking news and commentary."

Your posts might have a bit more credibility if you read more carefully and see that it is a piece by CBS, not a blog.

Could have been doubled if he had not wasted billions on "green"

>Could have been doubled

OK. I'll put you down for "Obama did not spend enough much on the recovery."

FIFY

because most was spent on protecting a voting base that is government (and union) employees
Abraham Lincoln

>FIFY

OK. Like I said, the point you are making is that he didn't spend enough (or much, or a sufficient amount, or whatever.)

>because most was spent on protecting a voting base that is government
>(and union) employees

And yet there are half a million fewer people working in government now than when he took office.

Facts - annoying but important.

>FIFY

OK. Like I said, the point you are making is that he didn't spend enough (or much, or a sufficient amount, or whatever.)

>because most was spent on protecting a voting base that is government
>(and union) employees

And yet there are half a million fewer people working in government now than when he took office.

Facts - annoying but important.

\

Yes they are

And as pointed out there more people working for the fed gov than evey befor pulling more sallary than ever befor

Making them full time contractors does not support your white lie
Abraham Lincoln

>And as pointed out there more people working for the fed gov than evey
>befor pulling more sallary than ever befor

Cool. So Obama didn't spend enough and he spent too much. Sounds like Romney's next talking point.

More like Obamas postion on same sex marriage

And I neve said he spent too much or too little

My point was the money spent was wasted
Abraham Lincoln

>Could have been doubled

OK. I'll put you down for "Obama did not spend enough on the recovery."

No, put me down for Obama MISSPENT on the recovery.

yep, spent tons on road and sidewalk projects, don;t know about where you live but where I live they paved roads that didn't need paving, they added sidewalks where no one walks - complete idiots

go nuclear - the non-emitting source that is cost effective - the greenines hate this so I love to say it
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.