Nataly

Why do singles pay more tax??

Can someone please tell me why I should pay more taxes than if I were married??? Do I cost more in healthcare or benefits??? Do I get extra privileges???

Have I ever mentioned my crush on Nataly, or is it redundant because we all have a crush on her?

:)
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

The big question should be,why do those without children pay more than those with them?
With the obvious problem of over population,it seems that you should reward those who choose not to have children with huge tax breaks.

the real problem is this mentality of trying to reward or punish behavior instead of just expecting people to be responsible for themselves

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Can someone please tell me why I should pay more taxes than if I were married???

Simple social justice. Consider the practical difference between "breaking up with your SO" and "getting a divorce". Believe me, the marrieds pay the price.

The big question should be,why do those without children pay more than those with them?
With the obvious problem of over population,it seems that you should reward those who choose not to have children with huge tax breaks.

the real problem is this mentality of trying to reward or punish behavior instead of just expecting people to be responsible for themselves

I hope you realize you're decrying a form of social engineering that has existed for many thousands of years.

+1. Personal Accountability. Consequences.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Can someone please tell me why I should pay more taxes than if I were married???

Simple social justice. Consider the practical difference between "breaking up with your SO" and "getting a divorce". Believe me, the marrieds pay the price.

Why should that be, though?
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I hope you realize you're decrying a form of social engineering that has existed for many thousands of years.

Doesn't make it right.

It's part and parcel of living in a social group. If you don't do your part to keep the communal fire pit clean, you get a smaller chunk of communal mammoth meat.

I dunno. In some older societies, you could get a divorce just by taking your spouse into the public square and saying "I divorce you" before witnesses.

absolutely I'm decrying the abuse and mutation of that form, anyway - just look at the content of his comment - it's essentially "I think giving THAT group a 'break' sucks - we should really give MY group a break instead (or also)" - it originally was "hey, if I have to contribute, so do the other guys"

and you wonder why all these societies are going broke? (see what I did there.....'break',,,,,,'broke',,,,,,{{hugging myself in glee}} :D)

today - "everybody" doesn't clean the fire pit. The rules have been hijack so that only a couple people clean the fire pit, do the hunting, and then they still have to share out the mammoth Bar-BQ. It's not the same social agreement as what was considered functional. Not even close. Those that refused to clean out the pit and expected free mammoth treats usually got left behind

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I dunno. In some older societies, you could get a divorce just by taking your spouse into the public square and saying "I divorce you" before witnesses.

I just don't see why personal relationships between consenting adults should be regulated by the state.

I just don't see why personal relationships between consenting adults should be regulated by the state.

I hope you realize you're decrying a form of social engineering that has existed for many thousands of years. :ph34r:

I hope you realize you're decrying a form of social engineering that has existed for many thousands of years. :ph34r:

Plus it would deny the cheesebag lawyers another payday.

Doesn't make it right.

Plus it would deny the cheesebag lawyers another payday.

Doesn't make it right

No it doesn't but many attorneys are nothing but bottom feeding sharks looking for a payday off of other people's misery. Truly a disgusting profession. And people wonder why the government is so corrupt? Most of our legislature is attorneys. The more laws they pass, the more business for them.

Do you not believe in over population?
Do you believe society should reward having lots of babies with tax breaks?
Are you one of those people who think all the people on earth could fit in texas and have plenty of room?
Do you not believe in the starvation that has occurred in the past and is happening as we speak(like the horn of africa)?
Or how about the negative environmental impact the massive human population has caused already?
If you want to get married so you can show the world your eternal love for each other then great,but you should not do it for a tax break.
If you are going to have kids then it is a good idea to get married for the kids benefit,but you should not expect a financial break from the rest of society.
if you can't afford to do it on your own do not expect the rest of us to take care of your self inflicted financial situation.
Just my opinion as a realist.

Do you not believe in over population? not really
Do you believe society should reward having lots of babies with tax breaks? absolutely not
Are you one of those people who think all the people on earth could fit in texas and have plenty of room? meh, why would anyone want to do that? sounds a bit liberal/urban to me - do you believe they should be forced to?
Do you not believe in the starvation that has occurred in the past and is happening as we speak(like the horn of africa)?hard to answer the double negative - so yes - people do experience starvation
Or how about the negative environmental impact the massive human population has caused already? impact yes, massive? I think it's hard to tell as this is not about environment, it's all about money, politics, and control
If you want to get married so you can show the world your eternal love for each other then great,but you should not do it for a tax break.absolutely on both points
If you are going to have kids then it is a good idea to get married for the kids benefit,but you should not expect a financial break from the rest of society. absolutely on the last point, on the first point I can't speak for others, though I think it works for me
if you can't afford to do it on your own do not expect the rest of us to take care of your self inflicted financial situation.here's a winner
Just my opinion as a realist.

do you read anything I write?

simple and short - no one should be 'rewarded' or 'encouraged' either way. let people live their lives and do the best they can. I took exception from a poster stating that people should be "rewarded" for NOT having kids. I don't agree with that any more than being rewarded for HAVING kids. I think both are idiotic

So did slavery.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So did slavery.

Stop defending slavery, John. It's impolite.

So did slavery.

Finally, an apt comparison :)

now you're being silly - slavery was forcibly taking away a human's right to own the work they do - and the life they would choose

how on earth can you compare that to taxes?

now you're being silly - slavery was forcibly taking away a human's right to own the work they do - and the life they would choose

how on earth can you compare that to taxes?

Well, I was comparing it to marriage, but I know not everybody's experience of that is the same as mine was....

So did slavery.

Stop defending slavery, John. It's impolite.

Have you been taking debate lessons from mnealtx?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.