JohnRich

Germany announces plans for gun registry

....but he certainly has a better grasp on our culture than we do theirs, but that's simply because we don't really give a shit.

[BAM]That's fine with me, of course, being ignorant isn't illegal or something.

Don't flatter yourself...apparently your grasp of our culture is limited to the 1% who are nipple haters, religious extremists and idiot politicians you see on tv, as if they actually represent an accurate picture of who we are.

TV is notorious for spreading negative BS...If they only showed how similar we actual are, you'd probably wouldn't care much to watch.

You basically have been duped into believing stereotypes that cram your brain with shit you use to rationalize and bolster your hate...it's no different than the ignorance found in racists, anti semites and all the other haters...you get off on it.

The problem is that Americans are relatively ignorant...

Excuse us if we don't spend our day preoccupied with cramming our brains with extensive knowledge of every culture in every country in the whole world, just so marinus will like us.:S
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

6.5 million Jewish people who formerly resided in Germany or German occupied territories would disagree if they were still alive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And big US companies and families happily financed the whole thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, the Vatican underwrote the regimes in Italy and Germany at the time.

Yeah so? Just because another party is also guilty doesn't mean US companies and families had no involvement.

Ford-Werke
Dulles Family
Bush Family
Walker Family
Rockefeller Family
IG Farben and its American subsidiaries.

The list goes on quite a bit.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I was referring to the seed money that put the Fascists in Italy and the NSDAP in Germany on the map.

In the early '30s, Communists were ascendant in Italy as they were in various other countries. Their platform of absorbing the Vatican into Italy proper and redistributing its wealth was viewed, quite correctly, as a threat to the Church.

A Devil's bargain was struck, in which a great deal of money (reportedly 100,000,000 gold Marks or equivalent) was supplied to the parties committed to the demise of Communism.

This influx of cash was pivotal to the ascendance of the Fascisti & NSDAP, who were then supported by anyone wishing to do business in those countries.

FWIW, many of the people who either supported or tolerated the Third Reich considered many of their unbelievable excesses to be simply unbelievable - until disbelief was no longer possible. The propaganda films showing how humane was their treatment of people being "relocated" were not to convince their detractors, but to reassure their supporters that they were too "civilized" to be suspected of barbarity.

Would that that was the case.

BSBD,

Winsor

Agreed! Thanks for the added explanation.

Not to worry, cristelsabine, I'm sure that everything will go just fine with all your firearms.

For what should I worry? As a happy legal weapon owner, I do not fear anything.

As long as one follows the rules given ....

6.5 million Jewish people who formerly resided in Germany or German occupied territories would disagree if they were still alive.

Meanwhile in this century.....:S
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Meanwhile in this century.....:S

.... and surely in the next millenium, dogs will go on and enjoy rolling in carriot over and over again ;), at first as they like the smell (which makes them feel good), at 2nd as they have to cover their own dirty smell B| which is a must to survive. :)

:)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

And imagine that... that's pretty much how the First Amendment works over here!

Except, for the restrictions of course.

"As long as there aren't German toddlers shooting other German toddlers, at least those ignorant Krauts can comfort themselves with the thought they do better that the Yankees."

What's the problem here? It's true.

"No they don't, now go back, read the sentence you quoted again, but this time try to understand it. It can be a bit hard, I know, but if you really concentrate on those 16 words, you might eventually discover what it really says. "

I could have been a bit less sarcastic, but his interpretation of a simple sentence was not the brightest I ever saw.

"Yes, and in the United States of Bigotry, Negroes had to ride in the back of the bus until, when? 1965? Whatever your problem with the Nazis was, racism wasn't it. "

That could have been said in another way, but of course you don't have a problem with how it's said but who said it. You don't criticize right wingers who make similar statements. Double standards....

Jeez, don't get all whiny with me. I even used [BAM] = Bash America Mode to make clear you shouldn't take me to seriously. If you hadn't noticed it, all kinds of stupid stereotypes are flying around and the discussion reached it's Godwin point like 100 posts ago. Besides I explicitly mentioned earlier what I really think. But you seem to be really upset about it, so I'll try to ignore my troll-ish tendencies.

Btw, your post is conflicting.

Sounds like a First Amendment restriction to me.

At least it's not a restriction on "obscenity" like your 1st Amendment. We do get upset by genocides, you guys get upset by nipples, guess on who the joke is? :D

If that's your (lack of) understanding of American obscenity laws, then you're not in a good position to bitch about misunderstandings over semi free speech laws in the EU nations.

I thought post 13 was the tipping point, but your post (#11) may qualify too. Thanks for starting WW III [:/];)

As for Greece, the only thing I care about is that we are paying billions to those ***********. If they find a way to kick Greece out of the union, they can find out for themselves where they are without "Nazi" Merkel, and the rest of the countries (including mine) that pay for their incompetence, laziness and greed.

If that's your (lack of) understanding of American obscenity laws, then you're not in a good position to bitch about misunderstandings over semi free speech laws in the EU nations.

I know nipples are perfectly legal in 'Merica, but that doesn't mean that the First amendment isn't restricted. I think it was obscenity, libel, something with octrois and if I may guess things like doctors not being allowed to disclose medical secrets and stuff? And I also implied that I consider the FA as better than most European FoS laws.

You also might have missed the part were I said I'm fooling around a bit.
Now explain to me again why 'Merikans like to watch pro wrestling. Are you all repressed homosexuals?

I thought post 13 was the tipping point, but your post (#11) may qualify too. Thanks for starting WW III [:/];)

As for Greece, the only thing I care about is that we are paying billions to those ***********. If they find a way to kick Greece out of the union, they can find out for themselves where they are without "Nazi" Merkel, and the rest of the countries (including mine) that pay for their incompetence, laziness and greed.

Wait, wait, wait there Marinus .... Those ******* simply were Greece folks (and that includes politicians, bankers, ...... - they were living happily beyond their limits, giving a flying s*it for indebtedness, as: It always worked! And now, everything's changed: What a shit! No more corruption, pensions to be reduced, man! That means, the wonderful free life is over!

And who's responsible for that: Dr. Angela Merkel, that freak, >:( that German freak!

Just see it from their side (or the side of the *merikans), and you will understand! :);)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I know nipples are perfectly legal in 'Merica, but that doesn't mean that the First amendment isn't restricted. I think it was obscenity, libel, something with octrois and if I may guess things like doctors not being allowed to disclose medical secrets and stuff?

Come to San Francisco (esp during the last weekend in June) and see what our definition of obscenity is. Or more, what it is not.

You also might have missed the part were I said I'm fooling around a bit.
Now explain to me again why 'Merikans like to watch pro wrestling. Are you all repressed homosexuals?

320M people with a heavy immigrant base support a wide variety of programming. Some even like to watch soccer (the horror!), the ballerina version of football.

Come to San Francisco (esp during the last weekend in June) and see what our definition of obscenity is. Or more, what it is not.

If it's anything like the Dutch gay prides, the stories about a copulation mass off same sex couples is mostly urban myths. It's loads of decently dressed people and some exception with a complete lack of manners. Still I don't think it's the best way to lobby for gay rights, btw. But I get your point, the obscenity laws are mostly vestigial, but they're still there potentially restricting FoS.

Some even like to watch soccer (the horror!), the ballerina version of football.

American "Football" only proves that Americans aren't able to understand basic words like "foot" and "ball. Also if real Football is so easy, why do Americans suck at it so badly, that they instead rather play the osteoporosis friendly version of Rugby?

American "Football" only proves that Americans aren't able to understand basic words like "foot" and "ball. Also if real Football is so easy, why do Americans suck at it so badly, that they instead rather play the osteoporosis friendly version of Rugby?

Said by someone who has never been tackled by an NFL defender. Where 300lb'ers run faster than you did at your best and can throw you over the goalpost.

Lot more money in it. A few soccer players make serious dime, then it drops off. The NFL gets the best athletes in terms of size/speed. Rugby gets the leftovers.

Lot more money in it. A few soccer players make serious dime, then it drops off

I think you failed to notice that real Football is the most popular sport on the planet and that besides Americans hardly anyone is interested in American Armoured Rugby.

Rugby gets the leftovers.

Rugby gets the few specimens that aren't afraid they might break a nail.

I think you failed to notice that real Football is the most popular sport on the planet and that besides Americans hardly anyone is interested in American Armoured Rugby.

Not seen in the salaries.

Rugby gets the leftovers.

Rugby gets the few specimens that aren't afraid they might break a nail.

again, you're talking out your ass. Average career in the NFL is 3 years and they're not in great shape when they leave. Their brains are getting sloshed to bits even with modern helmet design. Knees are shreaded. The rugby scrum has nothing on guys standing 6'6", 350.

Depends how you measure it. Average mean) salary for a player in the English Premier League is ~1.8 million dollars (and that is tax free or after tax). That is barely smaller than the average NFL salary of 1.9 million (before tax). There are fewer Premier League players than there are NFL players since there are only 20 teams instead of 32 and average roster sizes are, I think, slightly smaller. However if you look at the total number of leagues available there are far more opportunities in soccer. I don't think the Premier League is the highest paid, either. Looks like the average in Serie A is 5 million Euros, in the Bundesliga 3.3 million Euros, I believe La Liga and Ligue One have lower average salaries but even there you have some extremely high salaries as Real Madrid and Barcelona are the two highest payroll teams in the world. Heck even the Russian Premiere League pays 4.5 million pounds/year and the Chinese Superleague is ~1 million pounds. So, if you add up all of the professional opportunities, it is pretty clear to me that the amount of money in soccer dwarfs that in American football (which lets face is only really consists of the NFL and maybe the CFL).
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Jeez, don't get all whiny with me. I even used [BAM] = Bash America Mode to make clear you shouldn't take me to seriously. If you hadn't noticed it, all kinds of stupid stereotypes are flying around and the discussion reached it's Godwin point like 100 posts ago. Besides I explicitly mentioned earlier what I really think. But you seem to be really upset about it, so I'll try to ignore my troll-ish tendencies.

Btw, your post is conflicting.

Then stop bitching about how I'm whining and how you're just bullshitting and address the conflict.:P
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

It's the conflict between "We don't give a shit about other people, and other people know only know a lot about us because they're jealous" And "You're a racist hater for calling Americans relatively ignorant about other people" ,dear.

Is that so? I wouldn't know the details, but I can't imagine that the most important sport in the world pays less than some favourite local pass-time. You've no idea how insignificant American Fussball is on the rest of the planet, haven't you?