kallend

Romney talks about his thoroughbred horses

gawker.com/5900710/announcing-our-newest-hire-a-current-fox-news-channel-employee?popular=tru

Funny really, for a guy who criticizes Obama for his "elite" pastime of golf.

That may be the only context in which it is funny. I don't see the issue at all.

"Let them eat cake fly commercial" -- rough attribution to John. ;)

Is that worse than a parachute rig, an antique car and an airplane?

Sure is. None of those keep eating when not in use.

none of them eat at all

however, they all have continue maintenance and storage costs whether used or not - unless you are neglectful

and you can't eat an antique car when you're through with it

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

As usual, you are mkscharacterizing the criticism of Obama. He hasn't been criticized for playing Golf, only that his timing is pretty bad. Like when budget negotiations are being held, he decides to leave town to play Golf and let the politicians hash it out instead of staying and providing some leadership.

When Romney is elected and he takes off and rides horses when he should be in DC showing leadership, then criticism of him would be in order.

gawker.com/5900710/announcing-our-newest-hire-a-current-fox-news-channel-employee?popular=tru

Funny really, for a guy who criticizes Obama for his "elite" pastime of golf.

That may be the only context in which it is funny. I don't see the issue at all.

"Let them eat cake fly commercial" -- rough attribution to John. ;)

WHOOSH.

No problem with anyone owning a stable full of horses. The context IS the issue - that Mitt has criticized Obama's "elite" pastime of playing golf.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

As usual, you are mkscharacterizing the criticism of Obama. He hasn't been criticized for playing Golf, only that his timing is pretty bad. Like when budget negotiations are being held, he decides to leave town to play Golf and let the politicians hash it out instead of staying and providing some leadership.

When Romney is elected and he takes off and rides horses when he should be in DC showing leadership, then criticism of him would be in order.

You mean like Boehner does? Oh wait, Boehner plays golf a LOT more often than Obama.

and you can't eat an antique car when you're through with it

You eat horses? :(

never have, but I said you "can" - wonderful versatile creatures,

try that with your airplane

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Unless he is teaching about horse riding - or leading a cavalry unit

then it would be appropriate

it's not as bad as his wife driving 2 Caddies.

I'm just trying to figure out how much neat stuff one is allowed to work for and own, before it reaches a level where it's considered evil.

Apparently antique cars and airplanes are okay, but race horses are over the top. So the dividing line between good and evil personal property ownership is somewhere between those things.

You mean like Boehner does? Oh wait, Boehner plays golf a LOT more often than Obama.

Boehner is not the Chief Executive, elected by the majority of Americans. If Boehner ever becomes President and then plays Golf when he should be in DC showing leadership, then criticism of him would be in order.

What part of President and Leadership are you having trouble with?

it's not as bad as his wife driving 2 Caddies.

I'm just trying to figure out how much neat stuff one is allowed to work for and own, before it reaches a level where it's considered evil.

Apparently antique cars and airplanes are okay, but race horses are over the top. So the dividing line between good and evil personal property ownership is somewhere between those things.

Who said it was EVIL? The issue is the HYPOCRISY of someone owning a stable of horses complaining that a golfer is elitist.

Boehner is not the Chief Executive, elected by the majority of Americans. If Boehner ever becomes President and then plays Golf when he should be in DC showing leadership, then criticism of him would be in order.

What part of Speaker of the House (that place where legislation is supposed to be written) are you having trouble with? He and the House Minority leader along with the two counterparts in the Senate should showing at least the same level of leadership as the President.

What part of Speaker of the House (that place where legislation is supposed to be written) are you having trouble with? He and the House Minority leader along with the two counterparts in the Senate should showing at least the same level of leadership as the President.

Did they take off and play golf at the same time, or did they stay in town/at work?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Did Boehner take off at a time when his leadership was needed? The criticism isn't about taking time off. It's about WHEN they decide to take off. Let me repeat that for you.

It's about WHEN they decide to take off.

Please let me know if I need to be clearer.

Did Boehner take off at a time when his leadership was needed? The criticism isn't about taking time off. It's about WHEN they decide to take off. Let me repeat that for you.

since I haven't seen leadership from either party in 2 years, the answer is yes.

If you want to be a strict constitutionalist, the President shouldn't be part of it anyway. His role is to approve or veto what Congress decides. His participation should be direct with the Democratic leadership in the House where spending originates.

If you prefer the modern Imperial Presidency model, then he can send orders to Congress just as well from the links as he can from the White House.

since I haven't seen leadership from either party in 2 years, the answer is yes.

If you want to be a strict constitutionalist, the President shouldn't be part of it anyway. His role is to approve or veto what Congress decides. His participation should be direct with the Democratic leadership in the House where spending originates.

If you prefer the modern Imperial Presidency model, then he can send orders to Congress just as well from the links as he can from the White House.

The President is supposed to be the leader of ALL Americans His job is not to direct the Democratic Leadership. His job is to work with both parties to come up with solutions. His job is not to leave town with a "call me when you have it worked out" attitude.