kallend

Romney talks about his thoroughbred horses

Did Boehner take off at a time when his leadership was needed? The criticism isn't about taking time off. It's about WHEN they decide to take off. Let me repeat that for you.

It's about WHEN they decide to take off.

Please let me know if I need to be clearer.

since I haven't seen leadership from either party in 2 years, the answer is yes.

If you want to be a strict constitutionalist, the President shouldn't be part of it anyway. His role is to approve or veto what Congress decides. His participation should be direct with the Democratic leadership in the House where spending originates.

If you prefer the modern Imperial Presidency model, then he can send orders to Congress just as well from the links as he can from the White House.

The President is supposed to be the leader of ALL Americans His job is not to direct the Democratic Leadership. His job is to work with both parties to come up with solutions. His job is not to leave town with a "call me when you have it worked out" attitude.

You must mean like Dubya.

Did Boehner take off at a time when his leadership was needed? The criticism isn't about taking time off. It's about WHEN they decide to take off. Let me repeat that for you.

It's about WHEN they decide to take off.

Please let me know if I need to be clearer.

since I haven't seen leadership from either party in 2 years, the answer is yes.

If you want to be a strict constitutionalist, the President shouldn't be part of it anyway. His role is to approve or veto what Congress decides. His participation should be direct with the Democratic leadership in the House where spending originates.

If you prefer the modern Imperial Presidency model, then he can send orders to Congress just as well from the links as he can from the White House.

The President is supposed to be the leader of ALL Americans His job is not to direct the Democratic Leadership. His job is to work with both parties to come up with solutions. His job is not to leave town with a "call me when you have it worked out" attitude.

You must mean like Dubya.

Where is this in the Constitution?

and how many days did Bush spend at his ranch in Texas?

These guys do have new fangled devices like telephones.

What does Bush have to do with this discussion? Are you actually defending Obama by claiming that because Bush did something that it's OK for Obama to do it too? I thought you claimed Bush was a lousy President?

Bush started a war, does that make it OK for Obama to start wars, too?

More BDS? I'm expecting a nationwide epidemic in the next few months, ending in the early part of November.

What does Bush have to do with this discussion? Are you actually defending Obama by claiming that because Bush did something that it's OK for Obama to do it too? I thought you claimed Bush was a lousy President?

More BDS? I'm expecting a nationwide epidemic in the next few months, ending in the early part of November.

I think maybe he was questioning where all this indignation was ergarding time off during Bush's term.

This would be a better example of hypocrisy than Obama's tax return.

I think maybe he was questioning where all this indignation was ergarding time off during Bush's term.

I don't begrudge any President his leisure time. It's a tough job and I think getting away from it for a while is good for a President.

Once again, since some have a blind spot, it isn't about whether the President plays Golf. It's WHEN he chooses to do it. Since that's a factor that some don't seem to understand and since I have repeated it 4 times now. It's also quite different when a candidate for President takes leisure time off when on the campaign trail and when a sitting President decides to take that time. So if you haven't gotten what I'm saying yet, then please feel free to argue with yourself.

For the 5th time...It isn't about how many times President takes off, it's WHEN.

Or Bush 1 in Kennebunkport?

So you begrudge a President his leisure time? You think they shouldn't have any time to themselves or to spend with their families?

Nope - I begrudge Romney his ability to be **hypocritical** and then be defended by people like you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I don't begrudge any President his leisure time. It's a tough job and I think getting away from it for a while is good for a President.

bullshit - you begrudge the hell out of it when it's Obama playing.

and you missed my point, completely. It's not bad that Bush hid out at Crawford a lot. He can do his job from there. It's not very different from being at Camp David, and he likes it better.

But to you, Obama commits the sin of playing golf for a few hours and he's abandoned his leadership role, one that doesn't exist in the Constitution and really is just lame whining by the opposition.

bullshit - you begrudge the hell out of it when it's Obama playing.

and you missed my point, completely. It's not bad that Bush hid out at Crawford a lot. He can do his job from there. It's not very different from being at Camp David, and he likes it better.

But to you, Obama commits the sin of playing golf for a few hours and he's abandoned his leadership role, one that doesn't exist in the Constitution and really is just lame whining by the opposition.

Bullshit right back at you. Show where I made such a statement.

So you begrudge a President his leisure time? You think they shouldn't have any time to themselves or to spend with their families?

Nope - I begrudge Romney his ability to be **hypocritical** and then be defended by people like you.

Still having trouble making the distinction between a guy running for President and a guy who is the President, I see.

Still having trouble making the distinction between a guy running for President and a guy who is the President, I see.

Hypocrisy is hypocrisy regardless of what office is held. Romney doesn't get a "get out of hypocrisy free" card just because he's a candidate. Neither do his knee-jerk defenders like you.

Your entire argument is pretty silly. But I think you know that.

Not half as silly as someone with a stable of horses claiming that a golfer has an elite pastime.

Or someone who thinks the POTUS is out of touch whenever he's not sitting in the Oval Office.

No, not really - Bush had a complete briefing theater with communications links at Crawford, if I recall correctly.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No, not really - Bush had a complete briefing theater with communications links at Crawford, if I recall correctly.

It's cool, Obama just leaves Biden in charge. :D

and a game of golf takes four hours, which can be interrupted at any time, and probably is.

This is silly.

I think the word you're looking for is "petty."

and a game of golf takes four hours, which can be interrupted at any time, and probably is.

This is silly.

I think the word you're looking for is "petty."

Just as petty as 8 years of whinging over Bush spending time at Crawford, yes.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706