dannydan

T S A on your highways yet?

Yeah Alex Jones has been covering this for a while. TSA are now setting up checkpoints on Roadways in the US. However TSA are not sworn Peace Officers, so really they are nothing more than a security guard with no real authority.

Viva Revolution

Yeah Alex Jones has been covering this for a while. TSA are now setting up checkpoints on Roadways in the US. However TSA are not sworn Peace Officers, so really they are nothing more than a security guard with no real authority.......

......YET

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Yeah Alex Jones has been covering this for a while. TSA are now setting up checkpoints on Roadways in the US. However TSA are not sworn Peace Officers, so really they are nothing more than a security guard with no real authority.

Viva Revolution[/reply

Do you have a source?

Alex Jones is an idiot, I heard him tonight claim Obama killed Andrew Breitbart to stop him leaking info that Obama was a communist who is about to overthrow the US.

are you sure, cuz i don't wanna be the chicken little and create BULLSHIT posts... I mean Alex Jones, everyone knows that he's a conspiracy tinfoil hat type guy... ;P I had actually heard this on the FM dial from a one Michael Berry that was interviewing the congresswoman who has authored THE STRIP ACT legislation...

Can they chase me?

It's likely that they will call the regular cops. I'm sure they have an agreement with them, and the cops are waiting on the other side of the trap.

It's my understanding that they have been operating in cooperation with local LEOs. If I were to get stopped by the TSA, I'd have a similar response. Do you have a warrant? No? ok, let's get the real cops involved then.
--
Rob

Can they chase me?

It's likely that they will call the regular cops. I'm sure they have an agreement with them, and the cops are waiting on the other side of the trap.

It's my understanding that they have been operating in cooperation with local LEOs. If I were to get stopped by the TSA, I'd have a similar response. Do you have a warrant? No? ok, let's get the real cops involved then.

Where are these supposed roadblocks? I'm out on the highways every week and this is the first I've heard of anything like this.

I've seen the ICE (Border Patrol/Customs) guys set up spot checks here and there (and the permanent one down near Laredo TX) but those aren't any more than a quick look and a couple questions.

I've also seen the "Drug Checkpoint Ahead - All Vehicles Subject to Search" signs that the cops put up. Those are a bluff. They put them up in the middle of nowhere and watch to see who gets off at the next exit (usually an exit that goes nowhere).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

If I were to get stopped by the TSA, I'd have a similar response. Do you have a warrant? No? ok, let's get the real cops involved then.

Be careful, insulting an authority figure is grounds for a beat-down, tazing or, if you're lucky enough...a pepper spraying. The endorphins, oh the endorphins! I love it...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

If TSA is trying to stop you, you drive right by with your middle finger up. Seriously.

Then if a real cop pulls you over as a result you sue the local municipality and the Federal Government.

TSA are not sworn officers with ANY type of jurisdiction outside of an airport security check-point.
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

THats my attitude against this. I deal with these TSA asshats everyday and the thought of them being on the road scares the shit out of me.

THats when the fuck you show me a warrant line comes from me.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

THats my attitude against this. I deal with these TSA asshats everyday and the thought of them being on the road scares the shit out of me.

THats when the fuck you show me a warrant line comes from me.

NO! no damn warrant! if a cop pulls you over it has to be a matter of simple probable cause!!

Ask the cop how in the hell it can use a TSA worker as an agent of the government when that "agent" has no legal authority as a law enforcement officer. Then explain to the cop that any and all violations would fall under the fruit of a poisonous tree.

If this type of scenario is really going on in TN. PLEASE PM me!!!! I will make some phone calls!

(edited to add an underline to "really")
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

Well that clears thing up. The TSA were, by no means, acting as Law Enforcement Officers, or enacting the powers there of. If they want to hand out pamphlets at a weigh station about what to look out for, then so be it. That is not infringing on your constitutional rights. You can throw the damn thing away.

Big difference between handing out pamphlets and actively stopping people at a "road block".

Can they chase me?

Even then its still goes against the 4th Amendment (illegal search and seizure) They cannot go fishing to find something. They have to have prior cause to search. Having a roadblock checkpoint is fishing not prior cause

They cannot go fishing to find something. They have to have prior cause to search. Having a roadblock checkpoint is fishing not prior cause

Wrong. Road blocks have been deemed as constitutional in that they are not discriminatory as long as everyone on the road way is subject to the stop.

Back to the main subject; if these were being conducted by TSA (which they are not) then you would have a HUGE jurisdictional/authority problem.

They cannot go fishing to find something. They have to have prior cause to search. Having a roadblock checkpoint is fishing not prior cause

Wrong. Road blocks have been deemed as constitutional in that they are not discriminatory as long as everyone on the road way is subject to the stop.

Back to the main subject; if these were being conducted by TSA (which they are not) then you would have a HUGE jurisdictional/authority problem.

I still don't understand how you can search anybody without PC. Just because you do it to everybody does not make it right? How is it still not violate the 4th amendment?

Not arguing just trying to get edumacated

For now, Police do not have the right to set up a roadblock and search your vehicle without PC. They can ask for ID, smell your breath and look in your car window but that is about all they can do without PC or your consent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_checkpoint

However, this will likely change as we move closer to a Police State and the continud trampling of our Constitutional Rights.

I still don't understand how you can search anybody without PC. Just because you do it to everybody does not make it right? How is it still not violate the 4th amendment?

Not arguing just trying to get edumacated

I never said they could perform an illegal search. The other poster is absolutely correct in that they would have to develop probable cause at some point to take it any further than a simple stop and greet scenario.

Also, let me be clear. I am not going to argue whether check-points are right, wrong, or indifferent.

My original input was with regard to the TSA issue.

how different is that from having the national guard patrolling the skys conducting raids on mj grows? should be against the posse commitatus, they even have guys on the ground taking the stuff away, using military funding and operating on us soil.
http://kitswv.com

I never said they could perform an illegal search. The other poster is absolutely correct in that they would have to develop probable cause at some point to take it any further than a simple stop and greet scenario.

Yeah, but an unscrupulous cop can claim "probable cause" for just about anything. I was once getting a traffic ticket in Alabama. He requested permission to search, and I refused. The cop then claimed that I appeared to be nervous and that he could see a vein in my neck pulsating. He used that as an excuse to call in his backups, lock me in the back of his police car, tow my car off the highway to their lot, and search it. Finding nothing, they brought in a drug sniffing dog. Still found nothing. He was a Deputy Barney Fife type... The moral of this story is that just because they legally need probable cause, doesn't mean they can't just lie and invent it on the spot.

Yeah, but an unscrupulous cop can claim "probable cause" for just about anything. I was once getting a traffic ticket in Alabama. He requested permission to search, and I refused. The cop then claimed that I appeared to be nervous and that he could see a vein in my neck pulsating. He used that as an excuse to call in his backups, lock me in the back of his police car, tow my car off the highway to their lot, and search it. Finding nothing, they brought in a drug sniffing dog. Still found nothing. He was a Deputy Barney Fife type... The moral of this story is that just because they legally need probable cause, doesn't mean they can't just lie and invent it on the spot.

You won't get an argument from me. In my opinion, LEO's who do things like that need to find a different line of work.

(edited: rephrased something)