Skyrad

USMC or SS?

You raised a qustion that I've had for a long time. Do people who get Japanese characters tattooed on their bodies really know what they mean?

Chuck

most people just assume whatever symbol they have on them means what the shop/artist says it does, they dont do any outside research on their own.

The tattoo artist could have a lot of fun! Might not be too safe for the bearer of the tattoo. :D

Chuck

You do have to be pretty careful what your tattoo says.

"Who's Bob?"

Space nazis invade earth!
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.f32abb74f95d14a6936ec9b64350d636.41&show_article=1

You know, dirigibles were an invention of nazi Germany, and now Goodyear is flying them over America. The even orbit over large assemblies of people, like at the Superbowl. Hmmm... I wonder if Goodyear is a supporter of neo-nazis bent on the destruction of America? If we're going to stamp out all symbols of evil nazis, then shouldn't we dismantle and destroy the Goodyear blimps?

If, we do that, we won't get those great aerial views of the football games or NASCAR races. [:/]

Chuck

Is the attached offensive to anyone.

seriously, how DARE they

Coincidnce? Hmmmmm...

absolutely not a coincidence at all,

I'm certain that the reason these NFL jersey shops do NOT offer anything that is trim-cut or athletic cut is that they are owned, in large part, by fast food companies catering to, nay, with the goal being, a very high proportion of the citizens of the planet becoming huge and full of heart disease

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You raised a qustion that I've had for a long time. Do people who get Japanese characters tattooed on their bodies really know what they mean?

Chuck

most people just assume whatever symbol they have on them means what the shop/artist says it does, they dont do any outside research on their own.

The tattoo artist could have a lot of fun! Might not be too safe for the bearer of the tattoo. :D

Chuck

You do have to be pretty careful what your tattoo says.

"Who's Bob?"

'MOM' or 'Mother' are about the two safest. I wonder if 'Exit Only' tattoed above somene's anus really works in penitentiaries? :D

Chuck

Is the attached offensive to anyone.

seriously, how DARE they

Coincidnce? Hmmmmm...

absolutely not a coincidence at all,

I'm certain that the reason these NFL jersey shops do NOT offer anything that is trim-cut or athletic cut is that they are owned, in large part, by fast food companies catering to, nay, with the goal being, a very high proportion of the citizens of the planet becoming huge and full of heart disease

There's an angle I never thought of. I thought it was so gang bangers could show affiliation in a sneaky way and to hide their Uzis.

Chuck

So anyhow, I was looking thru the blogosphere to see some of the other commentary. I found this, which is pretty funny, and maybe more.....

:D:D:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

not everyone in the world is a fanatical history buff

You don't have to be a fanatical history buff, a twelve year old could tell you what the SS emblem is. Maybe this whole story is just a sad example to the poverty of educational standards in the USA.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It didn't "resemble" the Nazi SS symbol, it was identical. Why are you trying to excuse the inexcusable?

Do you object to them using the letters "SS" in ANY form to represent scout-sniper teams? Or is it ONLY when they look like the letter "S" from the rune alphabet as used by the nazis that you object?

Obviously not, its the blatant use of the Nazi SS emblem that is offensive.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Space nazis invade earth!
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.f32abb74f95d14a6936ec9b64350d636.41&show_article=1

You know, dirigibles were an invention of nazi Germany, and now Goodyear is flying them over America. The even orbit over large assemblies of people, like at the Superbowl. Hmmm... I wonder if Goodyear is a supporter of neo-nazis bent on the destruction of America? If we're going to stamp out all symbols of evil nazis, then shouldn't we dismantle and destroy the Goodyear blimps?

Really you're just embarrassing yourself now.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Maybe this whole story is just a sad example to the poverty of educational standards in the USA.

which way do you want it

this implies that even if it's an innocent mistake, then it just means those marines are terribly uneducated

you win, either way you get to slam someone and feel superior - congrats

then two more posts, another judgmental one and a PA - nicely played. I thought you stopped doing that stuff a couple years ago

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I find it funny nobody mentions the common day swastika examples I gave....how dare those hindu assholes use that nazi symbol...and fuck being politically correct, I am angry!! [:/]

That's because your example was stupid.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I find it funny nobody mentions the common day swastika examples I gave....how dare those hindu assholes use that nazi symbol...and fuck being politically correct, I am angry!! [:/]

That's because your example was stupid.

The swastika was a good luck symbol for the Navajo Indians, long before there were nazis. So, does that mean that the Navajo should quit using their ancient good luck symbol now, because someone might misconstrue it as a nazi thing?

Seems these US Marines are not sure themselves. They've pissed on the memory of those murdered at Malmedy, shame on them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16973868

Simply put, your an idiot. They are not pissing on the memory of anyone, except maybe the thousands of Al Quaeda, and Taliban that have fallen thanks to a Marine Scout Sniper. I am a Recon Marine, like the Marines in that photo, not all of us are Scout Snipers, but a good portion are, and I know Snipers of every race, and creed, and id say 90% including the jewish ones have the SS bolts tattooed on their body. It has nothing to do with the SS of Germany, Its simply a Logo, that was adopted in the 60's and 70's. Leave it at that and stop trying to find ways to bitch about everything, that may or may non upset a minoroity of people. Thanks to bitching and whining Ive had to take hours out of my day's recently to go through gear inspections to ensure no one has SS bolts on anything, this time could have been used to train Marines for combat, but instead we stand in formation to please a few people. :S
Jack of all trades.
Military Free Fall Jumpmaster.
USA Static-line Jumpmaster.

Clearly you don't have the intellect to understand why you had to check, pretty pathetic.

O no, a Jab at my intellect, SHIT! what am I to do? Pathetic individuals like you make me laugh, and i had a good experience working with the Britts last year. Anyways why dont you tell me, o wise one, why I had to check?
Jack of all trades.
Military Free Fall Jumpmaster.
USA Static-line Jumpmaster.