shah269

One day I hope to pay only '13.9% tax'

How many of those who are trashing Romney do you think voted for Kerry?

I think exactly the same amount as those who trashed Kerry and voted for Bush, who inherited his money.

(or maybe most didn't look at where the money came from at all, regardless of canidate.....)

I think exactly the same amount as those who trashed Kerry and voted for Bush, who inherited his money.

(or maybe most didn't look at where the money came from at all, regardless of canidate.....)

I can't seem to remember those who voted for Bush criticizing Kerry because they felt he should pay a higher tax rate.

Mitt Romney made his money through smart business practices?

Coorperate rading is "smart"
well smart for him and his kind but not so good if it was your job that was shipped off to SEA and the guy still got taxed at a lower rate than you even after you lost your job!
HA!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Mitt Romney made his money through smart business practices.

John Kerry married into his money.

Plus Kerry makes Mitt look poor
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Mitt Romney made his money through smart business practices?

Coorperate rading is "smart"
well smart for him and his kind but not so good if it was your job that was shipped off to SEA and the guy still got taxed at a lower rate than you even after you lost your job!
HA!

You really need to expand your news sources
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Would you be in favor of levying large tax on those who immigrate to the U.S.? After all, they are taking advantage of infrastructure that was built using the tax dollars of those of us who haved lived here and paid taxes our entire lives. Why should an immigrant get a free ride with my tax dollars? I think immigrants should be required to "pay their fair share".

>well smart for him and his kind but not so good if it was your job that was shipped off
>to SEA and the guy still got taxed at a lower rate than you even after you lost your
>job!

He shipped jobs to Seattle?

Any company hires and fires people. Many buy new divisions and sell off old ones. That in and of itself isn't evil or scheming.

Would you be in favor of levying large tax on those who immigrate to the U.S.? After all, they are taking advantage of infrastructure that was built using the tax dollars of those of us who haved lived here and paid taxes our entire lives. Why should an immigrant get a free ride with my tax dollars? I think immigrants should be required to "pay their fair share".

Dude that is the lamest freaking spin i have ever been exposed to!
Do you really think people are dumb enough to fall for that shit!
Get off the computer and go get some fresh air!
WTF!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16696347

Yeah The Rich Have It All....NO really they actually have it all and they have taxes lower than those making minimum wage!
I'm not envious of his success I'm envious he get's taxed so low and if I were to walk away from my condo and have no deductibles my state and federal taxes would shoot up to 35%

But I have a choice, I can sit here and get pissed and give myself an ulcer but what would that accomplish? Not like the world is ever going to change?

So enjoy boys and girls! Enjoy! And good luck defending this one! It's kind of like occupying wallstreet so that they could be less regulated and make more money off of your 401k or protesting for war....all things the GOP actually has done!

at least he paid his taxes, unlike many in Obama's administration that did not pay taxes.

Dude that is the lamest freaking spin i have ever been exposed to!
Do you really think people are dumb enough to fall for that shit!
Get off the computer and go get some fresh air!
WTF!

Don't you think that people should be required to "pay their fair share"? Or does that only apply if you have "too much money"?

So you define fair as something that only applies to a few? Isn't that counter to the definition of "fair"?

>Look I'm sorry boys and girls of the GOP but really this is your boy wonder?
>A guy who has no connection to the average middle class fuck?

I don't really want a guy who is like a middle class fuck as president.

>But someone who uses his influence and finances to cheat....that one we may have
>a small issue with!

How did he cheat?

>A guy who has enough cash and influence to twists the rules of the land to not
>only benefit him but to give him a huge windfall!

What rules did he twist?

Better be carefull billvon, your are starting to sound like a republican.

The growing jealousy over successful people seriously disgusts me.
I strive to succeed on my own merits.
I don't hate others for tremendous success.
I tend to admire a large portion of them.

Income is what working people make.
Investments are what successful make.
These two are not the same and therefore are generally taxed quite different.
Complain about IRS rules if you will, not those that play by the rules.

This. I don't begrudge Romney at all. He makes big bucks and pays what he has to. My problem is with a tax code that says I should pay double his tax rate when I make 0.5% of his income. The upper reaches of our economic ladder should pay at least the same rate as us working middle class fools, and honestly they could afford to dig a bit deeper than those of us who have to actually save/budget for things like transportation, home repairs, medical bills, etc.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Change the tax code
Really and who has the power to do that?
The middle class or the guy who has so much money in influence that his tax rate is only....13.9%

that's the tough part for sure...

however, you pick at my post for that comment, but you only offer two options:

1 - Change the tax code - irony there
2 - Get the credit card companies to do something against their bottom line

which one was doable?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Don't expect a single Republican legislator to vote for such a measure. But don't expect Democrats to vote for it en masse, either.

policial bias much? The Republicans on the right that advocate Fair Tax, the fiscal Republicans (Tea Party), just might.

This type of action splits both parties, and, actually, I'd much rather see this division into two new parties than the current dysfunctional "social program philosophy" split we current suffer under.

the only way to assure drastically changing the Tax Code to drastically help the middle class would be to assure that, for about the next 20 years, both houses of Congress shift to about 75% Democratic, and every President is also a Democrat

blinders don't become you - this would radically accelerate the wealth gap to that unhealthy place you state you want to avoid

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The growing jealousy over successful people seriously disgusts me.
I strive to succeed on my own merits.
I don't hate others for tremendous success.
I tend to admire a large portion of them.

Income is what working people make.
Investments are what successful make.
These two are not the same and therefore are generally taxed quite different.
Complain about IRS rules if you will, not those that play by the rules.

This. I don't begrudge Romney at all. He makes big bucks and pays what he has to. My problem is with a tax code that says I should pay double his tax rate when I make 0.5% of his income. The upper reaches of our economic ladder should pay at least the same rate as us working middle class fools, and honestly they could afford to dig a bit deeper than those of us who have to actually save/budget for things like transportation, home repairs, medical bills, etc.

Blues,
Dave

the issue should be on the bottom 10% that pay nothing in federal taxes, what is their fair share? since we are talking fair, why not make EVERYONE pay the same percentage of all income, that is about as fair as it can get. These leaches calling for fair share from the top 1% have no idea what fair means. what is their fair share?

Bull - he sounds like a person that understand 'legal' vs 'spin'.

Neither a Dem or Rep advocate falls into that category in this topic.

>why not make EVERYONE pay the same percentage of all income

Because then you'd clobber the economy and cause a recession that makes the last one look like a picnic.

>what is their fair share?

About 4% federal taxes, about 2% state/local taxes. (average tax paid for the lowest 20% of earners in the US.)

>why not make EVERYONE pay the same percentage of all income

Because then you'd clobber the economy and cause a recession that makes the last one look like a picnic.

>what is their fair share?

About 4% federal taxes, about 2% state/local taxes. (average tax paid for the lowest 20% of earners in the US.)

last I heard was that most of the bottom earners paid little or no fed tax, they my have some taken out of the paycheck but it all comes back in april, for those that don't pay what is their fair share?

>last I heard was that most of the bottom earners paid little or no fed tax

Almost everyone who works (and buys stuff) pays federal taxes in some form. The Congressional Budget Office reported that the bottom 20% of income earners - who average about $16,000 a year - pay an average of 3.9% via income, social security and excise taxes. This was in a 2005 study.

Bull - he sounds like a person that understand 'legal' vs 'spin'.

Neither a Dem or Rep advocate falls into that category in this topic.

I understand what you are saying but what was meant by my comment was that republicans feal you should be able to keep more of what you earn and spend how you want and dem's want to distribute what you earn as they want. Bill was defending Romney's income and tax % allowing him to keep what he earned.

How's this for a DEFENDING this. Go make the same amount of money and you can have the same tax rate.

Actually, that's a bit of a bullshit answer because it's not how much money Romney made, but the way the money was made. Pretty much only people that are already rich can be taxed at that low of a rate since it requires one to already have enough money to live purely off investment income.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver