airdvr

US policy toward Iran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAXBevBcwHU

Video is Ron Paul's statements on Iran in the last debate.

I think he's beginning to make sense. 50+ years we've been meddling in other countries affairs. We started the shit with Iran in the 50's. Maybe it's time we stopped being the world's policemen.

I'm not sure what the correct tact is anymore.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>It's a good thing we've got a democrat for president, otherwise he would be accused of
>being a warmonger.

JohnRich, Dec 9: "If Obama had any balls, he would have dropped a bomb on it to destroy it before the Iranians recovered it."

ODS strikes again.

>It's a good thing we've got a democrat for president, otherwise he would be accused of
>being a warmonger.

JohnRich, Dec 9: "If Obama had any balls, he would have dropped a bomb on it to destroy it before the Iranians recovered it."

That doesn't refute his statement that the media would be all over it if Obama was a Republican.

ODS strikes again.

Obama Defense Syndrome? Yup, it has.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

50+ years we've been meddling in other countries affairs.

(Side point) American projection of power beyond its borders has been, in one way or another, American policy since the days of President Monroe. As in, Doctrine.

well, at the time he made it, it was all talk, no action, as opposed to the last century, dating back to Teddy.

I think he's beginning to make sense. 50+ years we've been meddling in other countries affairs. We started the shit with Iran in the 50's. Maybe it's time we stopped being the world's policemen.

Thx for posting that vid. Ron Paul is basing his foreign policy on 60 year old events from a world vastly different than today. Listen to the man. His world view is scary.

From the Canada Free Press:
"As homosexual Army soldier Bradley Manning’s treason trial continues at Fort Meade, Maryland, the support he has received from Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has been curiously ignored by the major media, now touting Paul as someone who could win the January 3 Iowa Republican Caucuses. Paul has called Manning, a crossdresser with acknowledged mental problems, a “hero” and “patriot” for stealing government secrets and providing them to WikiLeaks.

Manning, who served as an intelligence analyst in Iraq, is charged with one of the most spectacular and damaging leaks of classified information in this country’s history. The death penalty has been strangely ruled out in his case, but he could still face life in prison."

The Canada Free Press is, quite openly, very conservative, so its bias against RP is understandable. But in any event, do you really that this author's agenda in - twice - mentioning Manning's sexuality is, no matter how it's couched (read that phrase carefully), anything other than appealing to the bigotries of gay bashers?

If you want to rebut RP's viability on a level that appeals to anything other than a very narrow audience - basically, one that already would never vote for him in the primaries anyway - you'll have to do much more diligent homework than this.

The Canada Free Press is, quite openly, very conservative, so its bias against RP is understandable. But in any event, do you really that this author's agenda in - twice - mentioning Manning's sexuality is, no matter how it's couched (read that phrase carefully), anything other than appealing to the bigotries of gay bashers?

If you want to rebut RP's viability on a level that appeals to anything other than a very narrow audience - basically, one that already would never vote for him in the primaries anyway - you'll have to do much more diligent homework than this.

:D Attacking the messenger is useless. Attack the message.
RP declares Manning a Patriot. Work on that.

Attacking the messenger is useless. Attack the message.

Exactly - which is why debating whether Manning did a valuable public service, or committed a heinous criminal act, addresses the issue, while vilifying him as a sissy-boy faggot does not.

"Correct" is a bit too vague. There are those that think the correct strategy would be to keep doing the same old shit - probably most people, since humans really dislike change no matter what they claim.

I think the goal should be honest relationships. I know; I'm probably seen as a fool for even suggesting such a thing. But if healthy long-term mutually beneficial relationships are a goal, then the correct tactics would certainly not look anything like what our current leaders practice (all countries - not just the USA).

So outside of my dream world I'd say there is almost no chance humans will ever honestly try to live together peacefully with people not like themselves. The temptation to manipulate others for material gain is too strong.

We simply are still too much like the vulgar, greedy, violent beasts from which we evolved.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

One of Obama's statements during his campaign was:

To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect. To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West - know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy. To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist.

How's that working out? Ideologically it sounds good but it requires an effort from both sides.

We're you asleep lst Spring?

To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history

Seems like Obama hit the nail on the head.

Apparently your Obama Defense Syndrome is over amped today. I'm not attacking Obama. I'm saying he has tried but has not had the cooperation from the other side. You do realize this thread is about Iran, right?

Here's what Bush said 4 years earlier:

So it is the policy of the United States to seek and support the growth of democratic movements and institutions in every nation and culture, with the ultimate goal of ending tyranny in our world.
This is not primarily the task of arms, though we will defend ourselves and our friends by force of arms when necessary. Freedom, by its nature, must be chosen, and defended by citizens, and sustained by the rule of law and the protection of minorities. And when the soul of a nation finally speaks, the institutions that arise may reflect customs and traditions very different from our own. America will not impose our own style of government on the unwilling. Our goal instead is to help others find their own voice, attain their own freedom, and make their own way.

Attacking the messenger is useless. Attack the message.

Exactly - which is why debating whether Manning did a valuable public service, or committed a heinous criminal act, addresses the issue, while vilifying him as a sissy-boy faggot does not.

I'm not in any debate about Manning. I'm about the judgment of Ron Paul, a candidate running for POTUS. Which, the more I look, the worse it seems to get.
Perhaps you should address your other concerns to the Canadian Free Press.

Here's what Bush said 4 years earlier:

So it is the policy of the United States to seek and support the growth of democratic movements and institutions in every nation and culture, with the ultimate goal of ending tyranny in our world.
This is not primarily the task of arms, though we will defend ourselves and our friends by force of arms when necessary. Freedom, by its nature, must be chosen, and defended by citizens, and sustained by the rule of law and the protection of minorities. And when the soul of a nation finally speaks, the institutions that arise may reflect customs and traditions very different from our own. America will not impose our own style of government on the unwilling. Our goal instead is to help others find their own voice, attain their own freedom, and make their own way.

It's unfortunate that his actions and his words were so dissonant.

Don

The modern day problem with Iran is Isreal.
And the modern day problem with Isreal is Iran.

Though they are on either side of a great devide and neither can really reach out and touch the other directly they are in what can be called a proxy war.

Both are very diverse and viberant countries with more in common than we in the west will really understand.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!