dreamdancer

WalMart Heirs Have Same Net Worth As the Bottom 30 Percent Of Americans

I agree. My issue is a signature line speaking of good thoughts and good words. I have a right to point out the inconsistency. A married with children man has the right to campaign as a Family Values Republican. That same guy has a right to suck as many dicks as he wants. And I have the right to point out the difference.

I myself see no reason for hating trust fund babies. They didn't ask to be born to wealthy parents. I don't have problems with anybody on the basis of factors through which they have no control. Plenty of trust fund kids are arrogant, entitled pricks. Plenty of non-trus fund kids are arrogant, entitled pricks.

I don't like arrogant pricks, which explains my self-dislike. I hate entitled...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hey i try to be good.....
It's the thought that counts.

As for trust fund babies.....a economic dead end.
They do next to nothing for the economy. And if done right they can do nothing for the economy till the day they die and their kids will also do nothing for the economy.

I think the word you are looking for is parasite
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Trust fund babies do plenty. Those ones who spend and spend are pretty damned good for the economy because they are circulating money. The miserly trust fund babies? Good for the economy because their money is in a bank, where it can be lent.

I can hate them for their personalities and their actions, etc. But bad for the economy? No way.

Trust fund babies do plenty. Those ones who spend and spend are pretty damned good for the economy because they are circulating money. The miserly trust fund babies? Good for the economy because their money is in a bank, where it can be lent.

I can hate them for their personalities and their actions, etc. But bad for the economy? No way.

Sadly, this is about the greed and envy of the have nots

Nothing more[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The issue isn't trust fund babies. The potential problems associated with a large majority of wealth held by a small group of people are significant. There are enough examples of that thourghout history.

At the current level in the US, I dont think there is any issue. But, that is a mere snapshot in time. Try and look into the future and try and predict where this path may lead to. If the potential of a plutarchy is significant, it would warrent taking some form of action now.

That is not jealousy, that is an attempt at preservation.

The issue isn't trust fund babies. The potential problems associated with a large majority of wealth held by a small group of people are significant. There are enough examples of that thourghout history.

At the current level in the US, I dont think there is any issue. But, that is a mere snapshot in time. Try and look into the future and try and predict where this path may lead to. If the potential of a plutarchy is significant, it would warrent taking some form of action now.

That is not jealousy, that is an attempt at preservation.

VERY WELL PUT!
Very well put!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

There is a long history of the concentration of wealth among a few people. There were the aristocrats and the peaseants. The aristocrats typically got their wealth by being the government, taxing the hell out of people, and keeping them poor and uneducated so as not to be a threat to them.

Look at how welath was obtained throughout history - by those who govern seizing from the public, and doing favors for those who could afford to pay the tribute. Hat's when revolution occurs - when those who govern are usurped by their subjects. Robin Hood Stole from the rich. The rich were the tax men.

The aristocrats typically got their wealth by being the government, taxing the hell out of people, and keeping them poor and uneducated so as not to be a threat to them.

So what you are saying is that our two political parties are trying to set up an aristocracy. They really do learn their history lessons well.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

There is a long history of the concentration of wealth among a few people. There were the aristocrats and the peaseants. The aristocrats typically got their wealth by being the government, taxing the hell out of people, and keeping them poor and uneducated so as not to be a threat to them.

Look at how welath was obtained throughout history - by those who govern seizing from the public, and doing favors for those who could afford to pay the tribute. Hat's when revolution occurs - when those who govern are usurped by their subjects. Robin Hood Stole from the rich. The rich were the tax men.

Exactly, all those roads lead to instability. It may even be inevitable, but wouldn't it be prudent to at least try and delay it. Try and rig the system as much in favour of keeping a government of the people, by the people for the people?

Hat's when revolution occurs - when those who govern are usurped by their subjects. Robin Hood Stole from the rich. The rich were the tax men.

And now? Who shall Robin Hood take from today?

And you know you could argue with good reason that Robin Hood helped grow the economy. By freeing that capital and giving to those who would use it to procure the most goods and services the economy grew.

The worst thing a society can do is hold it's money in big piles for a few to hold.

And you know you could argue with good reason that Robin Hood helped grow the economy. By freeing that capital and giving to those who would use it to procure the most goods and services the economy grew.

The worst thing a society can do is hold it's money in big piles for a few to hold.

you really missed the analogy - the aristocrats were a government that overtaxed - not individuals in the private sector

Robin Hood is a Libertarian at heart and sympathetic to a regular Republican citizen. But, he's a mortal enemy to the philosophy of all of today's Democrats (who talk aristocracy from the grass roots all the way through to the top leadership). He's also a mortal enemy to Repulican leadership and politicians (they talk the talk to keep the regular guy sold, but fail to walk it in real life).

more

so the best way to hold it is to keep it out of the hands of the government. so how is constantly increasing taxes on everyone going to do that?????

One would think that constantly increasing taxes results in exactly "society holding it's money" in one place

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so the best way to hold it is to keep it out of the hands of the government.

How did you get to that conclusion?

Well he is a little wrong with respect to his thought.
You see the government stays in power via spending any and all money it gains via taxes. It "buy's" your vote.

Now when all that money lives with one family...they don't have to give a rats ass about you. Whic his fine.

But then that money stops doing work and it stops creating jobs and soon we will all be out of work.

Now when all that money lives with one family...they don't have to give a rats ass about you. Whic his fine.

But then that money stops doing work and it stops creating jobs and soon we will all be out of work.

so you are saying that the government spends every single cent....

but apparently individuals just put money in their mattress (or bury it, or burn it in fireplaces....:S) and don't spend it, invest it, loan it, or save it in an institution (which then spends it, invests it, loans it, etc)

the problem with the government having the big pile, is that money is spent inefficiently and for the express purpose of consolidating and increasing centralized power - I don't trust a rich person in government and I don't trust a poor person in government - they only have one goal - your aristocracy, with them in charge

when individuals do it (rich or not) it's for selfish reasons - you know that money at least goes into the market where it can affect people without power plays. I don't trust a rich person that wants to go into government - the rest? meh, they are just people that spend a lot more (directly or indirectly) than I do. I can take them one at a time on whether I care about their motivation or not - or even if it matters

Exactly, all those roads lead to instability. It may even be inevitable, but wouldn't it be prudent to at least try and delay it. Try and rig the system as much in favour of keeping a government of the people, by the people for the people?

It is that government. We can still vote them out. It’s what we have.

The problem is that the dumbasses (yes, I will call them ignorant dumbasses) are GOING AFTER THE WRONG FUCKING PEOPLE! They are going after the wealthy - who are NOT keeping them poor, are NOT keeping them uneducated, and are NOT keeping them unemployed. But it’s easy to point the finger and protest bankers. It’s easy to protest the 1%. It’s easy to get all riled up and say the 1% don’t deserve it. But $20 trillion in welfare state spending in the US over the last 45 years hasn’t solved the poverty issue.

Rule: you can’t cure poverty by throwing money at it. Hence, the reason why we read about lottery winners who go bankrupt.

Wealth is NOT a zero sum game. More wealth for some does not mean less for others. Less wealth for some does not mean more wealth for others. When Warren Buffett lost $17 billion of worth in 2008, it didn’t mean that money went to others who took it. This is why the comparisons of “poverty” for America are made with other countries. It’s the reason why diseases of affluence (like obesity, diabetes, gout, etc) are seen in America. One person’s wealth is not another person’s lack thereof. Taking a person’s wealth does not make another person wealthy – it just makes that person poor.

How about protesting the government that allows and encourages this system? Oh, no. We don’t want to protest against the greedy politicians who are selling themselves to the highest bidder. No. We want to protest against the highest bidder! (Unless the highest bidder is a union, George Soros or other 1% with a heart in the right place).

If you don't want "society" to hold a big pile of money, stop authorizing a single entity to continue to hold most of it. Unless you think Bill Gates has a bigger bank account than the US treasury.

I love how, in the rationalization that wealth shouldn't be concentrated in hands of a few thousand people (with a normal mix of honorable and dispicable characters), you guys want to solve the problem by concentrating the wealth in a single set of hands which is proven to be dishonorable over the decades.

Yes. Robin Hood gave the tax rebate. But how about just letting them keep the money to spend it?

By the way. Welcome, Shah, to the libertarian party. You've just given a concise statement of libetarian economics.

Well he is a little wrong with respect to his thought.
You see the government stays in power via spending any and all money it gains via taxes. It "buy's" your vote.

Hmmm

It seems to me (by your posts here) your vote is fully paid for
Abraham Lincoln

Government is FANTASTIC.

I can seize 100% of the resources. Give out maybe 30% of those resources to just over half of the voting populace to vote for me.

And then I can keep the other 70% myself.

Hell, if I spend it in the right places - I then buy myself another 5-10% of the vote from those vendors.

The only difference between the Dems and Reps is which half of the populace they are buying.

Government is FANTASTIC.

I can seize 100% of the resources. Give out maybe 30% of those resources to just over half of the voting populace to vote for me.

And then I can keep the other 70% myself.

Hell, if I spend it in the right places - I then buy myself another 5-10% of the vote from those vendors.

:P
Abraham Lincoln

You missed the important part

The only difference between the Dems and Reps is which half of the populace they are buying.

This is my problem with really politically serious debators. They actually value INDIVIDUALS from one half over the other half (pick a side) and use that to rationalize which side they want to pick, pander to, or otherwise state they relate to.

Edit: you can define a population into halves by a hell of lot more criteria than just wealth, BTW. But let's not stop that from arbitrarily defining a split and then viciously picking and supporting one side.

You missed the important part

This is my problem with really politically serious debators. They actually value INDIVIDUALS from one half over the other half (pick a side) and use that to rationalize which side they want to pick, pander to, or otherwise state they relate to.

I agree with you here

I did not understand why unil the book "Throw Them All Out" what printed

It all makes sense now

Keeps us focused on the other side so as not to notice those who are supposed to be on my side.

While they in congress all get rich
Abraham Lincoln