Amazon

What a fine example of American Patriotism.

Economic blackmail anyone???
I remember a president once who said...

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.

My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
John f. Kennedy

Oh rushmc dear.. I used your approved news source so you would actually read it. Heaven forbid anyone would expect you to read anything other than Newsmax... FAUX News or the EIB.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/obama-economy-hiring-sign/2011/11/24/id/419057

A west Georgia business owner’s sign that he is not hiring until President Obama leaves office is going viral, according to a local Georgia television station.

"New Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone," read the company’s signs on the side of its trucks, according to the station, 11Alive.

"Can't afford it," explained the employer, Bill Looman. "I've got people that I want to hire now, but I just can't afford it. And I don't foresee that I'll be able to afford it unless some things change in D.C."

Perhaps he should be silenced since his political views aren't approved by the glorious leader?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Some animals are more equal than others.

That is some funny shit.. coming from you and your ilk.

Scary shit that you can't see that far left is just as dangerous and controlling as far right. It'd also be nice if you could disagree with folks without labeling them. Do you ever read over your posts and realize how much you sound like the folks you hate?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Scary shit that you can't see that far left is just as dangerous and controlling as far right. It'd also be nice if you could disagree with folks without labeling them. Do you ever read over your posts and realize how much you are the folks you hate?

Fixed it for you.

Scary shit that you can't see that far left is just as dangerous and controlling as far right. It'd also be nice if you could disagree with folks without labeling them. Do you ever read over your posts and realize how much you sound like the folks you hate?

The problem dear.. is you guys can not even begin to see anyone who does not goose step with you as anything but far left liberal commies:S:S:S

I remember a time when the Republican Party had a modicum of sanity in its members.

In your world.. Reagan and Goldwater are seen as R I N O's:S:S:S

I couldn't agree with you more Kennedy. Liberals like Amazon are just as closed minded as the conservatives they claim are the problem. They hide behind political correctness, exaggeration, and misdirection. They are quick to point out faults, but offer no true solutions. They try to be everybody's buddy in an effort to look like the good guys. "Oh, it's those awful conservatives telling everybody no! We never say no. We're liberal. We're progressive." They frequently exaggerate what they see when it doesn't fit into their narrow view of life. Take the UC Davis incident. "They were holding kids down and spraying OC down their throats." Illegal aliens! I think not! Just ask a liberal; they're undocumented workers. Misdirection. A major pet peeve of mine is the improper association of the word "progressive" with "liberalism". Not that a liberal can't be progressive, but it seems that the two words are used synonymously.

Amazon, before you get your panties in a bunch, I will say that conservatives are not without flaw.

I belong to neither group. I believe that being too polarized clouds one's ability to see a situation clearly. There are times to be compassionate and there are times for a little tough love.
"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see."

-Benjamin Franklin

There are tons of businesses that feel the same way as this fellow does. They are just not as vocal as he is. It's no secret that business lack confidence in Obama. Why do you think hardly anyone is hiring.

I hope you realize businesses are not in business to employ people. Businesses are in business to make money. Employment is just a by-product. I know it's hard for a Pro-Labor person to accept this, but it is what it is. However if you feel you can do better, there is nothing stopping you from opening up a business, going on a massive hiring binge, making sure all your workers are unionized, making sure you give them all generous benefits, tons of time off, early retirement and make sure even the lowest skilled workers are paid high salaries. If you think you can show American business's how it's done, have at it. Knock yourself out.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.

My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
John f. Kennedy

Oh rushmc dear.. I used your approved news source so you would actually read it. Heaven forbid anyone would expect you to read anything other than Newsmax... FAUX News or the EIB.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/obama-economy-hiring-sign/2011/11/24/id/419057

A west Georgia business owner’s sign that he is not hiring until President Obama leaves office is going viral, according to a local Georgia television station.

"New Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone," read the company’s signs on the side of its trucks, according to the station, 11Alive.

"Can't afford it," explained the employer, Bill Looman. "I've got people that I want to hire now, but I just can't afford it. And I don't foresee that I'll be able to afford it unless some things change in D.C."

You know what is funny? No, wait....more than funny..it's hilarious! :D
You quoted JFK...a man who, at one time, was looking at a possible courts martial but was save by his old man's political ties! The very acts you so dispise!!!! That is so freakin' ironic it hurts my ribs. :D:D:D
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

There are tons of businesses that feel the same way as this fellow does. They are just not as vocal as he is. It's no secret that business lack confidence in Obama. Why do you think hardly anyone is hiring.

There's a difference between lacking confidence, and in declaring that under no circumstance will they hire until he's gone.

Of course, it could just be empty rhetoric, like Reagan and every other GOP president promising to shrink the size of government.

Amazon, before you get your panties in a bunch, I will say that conservatives are not without flaw.

I belong to neither group. I believe that being too polarized clouds one's ability to see a situation clearly. There are times to be compassionate and there are times for a little tough love.

Uh huh... RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGT.. for someone who does not belong to THAT bunch.. you sure are quick to label everone not in lockstep a "liberal" just like the usual suspects here in SC... do we see a fair amount of hypocrisy there???

I think our police who are supposed to protect and serve the citizens of this country, should be able to use their brains... rub a few of those brain cells together like other police forces do and figure out a way to handle peaceful demonstrators.. like other countries with less of a police state mentality... you know.... civilized countries... strange concept huh.

I hope you realize businesses are not in business to employ people. Businesses are in business to make money. Employment is just a by-product. I know it's hard for a Pro-Labor person to accept this, but it is what it is. However if you feel you can do better, there is nothing stopping you from opening up a business, going on a massive hiring binge, making sure all your workers are unionized, making sure you give them all generous benefits, tons of time off, early retirement and make sure even the lowest skilled workers are paid high salaries. If you think you can show American business's how it's done, have at it. Knock yourself out.

I hired several good people this year.. they were a good fit for the positions we had open.. and we are a better team for it.

This guy is basically doing the same crap the rePUBIClowns in Congress are doing...Do only what is right for the right wing... and fuck the country.. because they are petulent children who want to get all pissy and take their toys and run home in a huff.:S:S:S

>There are tons of businesses that feel the same way as this fellow does.

Yes. There are a lot of people out there who very much want the economy to stay poor to increase the odds of defeating Obama.

>Businesses are in business to make money.

Well, and apparently to ensure that the political leaders they don't like are not re-elected - even if it means economic harm.

John f. Kennedy

You quoted JFK...a man who, at one time, was looking at a possible courts martial but was save by his old man's political ties! The very acts you so dispise!!!! That is so freakin' ironic it hurts my ribs. :D:D:D

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.. that was you ... missing the point..... again.... as always[:/]

I hired several good people this year.

I am talk about you starting a company, not working for the Fortune 500 company that has made you a wealthy person. You are obviously a Big Labor supporter. So why don't you open up your own business, go on a massive hiring spree, making sure all employees belong to a union, make sure that they get full benefits, make sure they all receive tons of time off, make sure they can all retire early with your fully funded pension and make sure even the lowest skilled employee is making a massive salary. You are constantly going on about how this needs to be the minimum for each and every business. So go show us how it is done. You obviously think it is easy to do, so show us

Please tell me exactly why is Obama good for business? What businesses did Obama help create? What businesses did Obama take public? What are Obama's business qualifications? Why should businesses trust Obama when Obama has no experience in the business world? How many more trade agreements with America's existing trade partners is Obama planning on breaking?

I hired several good people this year.

I am talk about you starting a company, not working for the Fortune 500 company that has made you a wealthy person. You are obviously a Big Labor supporter. So why don't you open up your own business, go on a massive hiring spree, making sure all employees belong to a union, make sure that they get full benefits, make sure they all receive tons of time off, make sure they can all retire early with your fully funded pension and make sure even the lowest skilled employee is making a massive salary. You are constantly going on about how this needs to be the minimum for each and every business. So go show us how it is done. You obviously think it is easy to do, so show us

And another SWING and a BIG ole miss.

I have helped start several companies... and guess who made sure the people we hired had benefits... funny thing is... it makes for better workers in the long run.
I was in one union when I worked for Western Electric in the early 70's before going into the Air Force. It was the only time I was in a union because to work there I had to join. After a few short months, they went on strike and stayed out for months. They got very little out of the strike in the long run, it would have taken me YEARS of working there to make up for that $.05 an hour raise from what was lost during the strike.. and those of us who had not been there for 20 years could not afford it since we had no strike bennies. I left and found a better job. Unions are just not my thing. I do support other peoples desire to band together to improve their working conditions and their lives though.
Unlike you and those like you .. I do not go into apoplectic fits at the mere mention of BIG LABOR...or teachers unions.. or police or firemens usions either.
I have worked for Boeing, a company with a long history of some of the most contentious labor issues around these parts... its all quite counterproductive..the issues get in the way of good order for the company and getting the jobs done, and it harms the employees as well. I worked on the 787 program but I left at the end of 2008. Not long after that.. they had another strike. It was amazing to watch the unions be manipulated by management into doing exactly what management wanted and needed... to use the unions as an excuse to slow down the process and allow them the time needed so management, which had scewed the pooch by not fixing the supply issues to get airplanes built and delivered.
Anyone with half a brain could see what was happening.. but the acrimony between the sides will be an ongoing issue and BOTH sides are GFS to not just work for everyones benefit so everyone can prosper.

John f. Kennedy

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.. that was you ... missing the point..... again.... as always[:/]

Coming from someone who never addresses the point....:D
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.