Amazon

OOOOPS

Unintended consequences.... again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15373071

I bet those who funded these peeps are cutting funding FAST..... can't have real data conflicting with all the money spent for all those company newsletters.

The Berkeley Earth Project has used new methods and some new data,

Any name but Berkeley.

I bet those who funded these peeps are cutting funding FAST..... can't have real data conflicting with all the money spent for all those company newsletters.

Any name but Berkeley.

Nothing like a simple name to get certain peoples little girl panties all twisted up so tight their heads explode

Nice rant... only a few problems:

Skeptics aren't saying the earth hasn't gotten warmer.

Climate alarmists have taken in 70+ *billion* vs skeptics at 300+ *million*.

Garbage in = garbage out re: temp records

Let's see how the pal peer review goes.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Any name but Berkeley.

What is wrong with using Berkeley in the name of the project?

Have the RWC bullshit artists managed to make you think something is wrong with a geographic name?

Are RWCs too stupid to tell the difference between a city in California that has an excellent and famously liberal college with many Nobel prize winners on the faculty, and other places in the world with the same name?

It must really suck to be that easily led into moronic thinking. Then again, RWCs don't appear to have any ability to discern fact from fiction. Witness the success of Faux Spews.

***Are RWCs too stupid to tell the difference between a city in California that has an excellent and famously liberal college with many Nobel prize winners on the faculty, and other places in the world with the same name?

It must really suck to be that easily led into moronic thinking. Then again, RWCs don't appear to have any ability to discern fact from fiction. Witness the success of Faux Spews.

Yeah.. pretty much

Any name but Berkeley.

What is wrong with using Berkeley in the name of the project?

Have the RWC bullshit artists managed to make you think something is wrong with a geographic name?

Are RWCs too stupid to tell the difference between a city in California that has an excellent and famously liberal college with many Nobel prize winners on the faculty, and other places in the world with the same name?

I have no problem with Berkeley, it's right down the road from me. My point was that many of our friends from the Right will dismiss something that much faster when they see that name, why could it have not come from someplace like "The mid-west center for conservative climate studies" That may have held their attention for a few more minutes.

why could it have not come from someplace like "The mid-west center for conservative climate studies" That may have held their attention for a few more minutes.

Well it kinda did what is that phrase.. follow the money.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So what you're saying is that these evil guys who fund research with directed and predetermined outcomes ended up not having it?

This result is pretty damned telling about the ad hominems directed against privately funded research.

Say it, Jeanne. Just say it! I WANT TO HEAR YOU SCREAM IT OUT!!!

"Sid Luft funded this study and therefore it cannot be trusted! The Koch brothers brainwashed them!"

I know how torn you are by this - The Koch brothers funding something that gave a result you didn't expect. Grab your pitchforks and go to the brainwashed scientists at the Berkeley Earth Project! Re-educate them because their benefactors are evil-doers who paid them to come up with the wrong result!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

So what you're saying is that these evil guys who fund research with directed and predetermined outcomes ended up not having it?

This result is pretty damned telling about the ad hominems directed against privately funded research.

Say it, Jeanne. Just say it! I WANT TO HEAR YOU SCREAM IT OUT!!!

"Sid Luft funded this study and therefore it cannot be trusted! The Koch brothers brainwashed them!"

I know how torn you are by this - The Koch brothers funding something that gave a result you didn't expect. Grab your pitchforks and go to the brainwashed scientists at the Berkeley Earth Project! Re-educate them because their benefactors are evil-doers who paid them to come up with the wrong result!

No.. I am thinking their funding promptly dried up because they did not find what their masters wanted them to find.... more fuel for that whole "climategate" they and you have pinned so much on:D:D:D:D

Oh yes.. let me help ya out so you can be prepared Fine right Wing Dining

I am thinking their funding promptly dried up because they did not find what their masters wanted them to find

Wow, Jeanne. My funding dries up when I complete a job, too. It turns out that when a job is commissioned and performed, the funding for that job dries up.

But again, Jeanne. Come on! You've been explicit in your belief that anybody who gets money from the Koch brothers is a mindless drone bought by them to do thy master's bidding. Now here's an example you posted that shows that it is not the case.

if you have any degree of intellectual integrity you'll make a stand. due to your statements, you have at one point been wrong. So which one is it: is this science not to be believed because the Koch brothers funded it? Or, does Koch brothers funding go to people who are not mindless drones doing their masters' bidding?

You've shot yourself in the foot big time, kid.

I am thinking their funding promptly dried up because they did not find what their masters wanted them to find

Wow, Jeanne. My funding dries up when I complete a job, too. It turns out that when a job is commissioned and performed, the funding for that job dries up.

But again, Jeanne. Come on! You've been explicit in your belief that anybody who gets money from the Koch brothers is a mindless drone bought by them to do thy master's bidding. Now here's an example you posted that shows that it is not the case.

if you have any degree of intellectual integrity you'll make a stand. due to your statements, you have at one point been wrong. So which one is it: is this science not to be believed because the Koch brothers funded it? Or, does Koch brothers funding go to people who are not mindless drones doing their masters' bidding?

You've shot yourself in the foot big time, kid.

Tsk Tsk Tsk.. I would think a lawyer could come up with a far better list of possibilities...

I am betting on them losing the funding... these are not exactly short term projects.. and they published knowing that they were going to be losing that funding from that source.

If anyone was serious about going green and climate environments, then hemp would be used to make deisel fuel, spitting out carbon dioxide(that plants use) intstead of carbon monoxide.
Instead the ivy leaguers from both "parties", chosse to follow a destructive policy of prohibition on any topic related to "drugs".
Time not for a change,
but instead an end to the bullhit

If anyone was serious about going green and climate environments, then hemp would be used to make deisel fuel, spitting out carbon dioxide(that plants use) intstead of carbon monoxide.
Instead the ivy leaguers from both "parties", chosse to follow a destructive policy of prohibition on any topic related to "drugs".
Time not for a change,
but instead an end to the bullhit

Mmmm yeah.. Follow the money in who controls the BOOZE in this country... they do not want the competition.

You need only look at who has made the largest contributions to fight the varius medical marijuana laws.

Mmmm yeah.. Follow the money in who controls the BOOZE in this country... they do not want the competition.
------------------------------------------------------------

mmmm.
nope. not booze.
Pharmaceutical Corporations:
Merck, Phizer, Glaxo-Smith-Klein
Look at who thier campaign contributions go to and what their lobbying organziations are.
Also, legalization would defund the narco-terror war that has hemmoraged trillions since the eighties.
Terrorist participation with the cartels will force legalization to occur: only way to stop supply lines and routes into the US: grow it here, for cheaper and they are out of business!
As far as booze and drugs: if you don't like it, don't do it!
simple solutions are easily overlooked.

I am betting on them losing the funding...

So which one is it? Are people who receive funding from the Koch brothers mindless drones or not?

these are not exactly short term projects

So the science isn't settled? Or is it?

Make your choice!

So which one is it? Are people who receive funding from the Koch brothers mindless drones or not?

Make your choice!

For you and Marc and Mike.. I think you will be up to your necks in flooding coughing from the polution.....and you will still be mouthing ITS NOT SETTLED... its only science.... ITS NOT SETTLED

Make your choice!

For you and Marc and Mike.. I think you will be up to your necks in flooding coughing from the polution.....and you will still be mouthing ITS NOT SETTLED... its only science.... ITS NOT SETTLED

:D:D:D

Let us know when you find out who created the CO2 that caused the MWP, and when we actually reach that temperature, m'kay?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I admit I really just scanned the article

A few things jumped out.

First, the say they verified the planet is in a warming trend. Ok, few really argue the point the temps are changing. But I really do not see where they claim that the cause is man made CO2

But, secondly, they do say this

The Berkeley group does depart from the "orthodox" picture of climate science in its depiction of short-term variability in the global temperature.

The El Nino Southern Oscillation (ENSO) is generally thought to be the main reason for inter-annual warming or cooling.

But by the Berkeley team's analysis, the global temperature correlates more closely with the state of the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO) index - a measure of sea surface temperature in the north Atlantic.

There are theories suggesting that the AMO index is in turn driven by fluctuations in the north Atlantic current commonly called the Gulf Stream.

The team suggests it is worth investigating whether the long-term AMO cycles, which are thought to last 65-70 years, may play a part in the temperature rise, fall and rise again seen during the 20th Century.

Yep

The science is settled I guess
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Make your choice!

:D:D:D

Let us know when you find out who created the CO2 that caused the MWP, and when we actually reach that temperature, m'kay?

Want to bet it was the string of volcanic vents that comprises the mid Atlantic Rise??

That still does not account for that funny old hocky stick since the advent of the industrial revolution. Changing the climate for fun and profit WILL have negative effects for all humans... some more than others. Those who wish to deny that for personal greed... I guess we will see how the rest of their peers treat them once the "science is settled"

That still does not account for that funny old hocky stick since the advent of the industrial revolution. Changing the climate for fun and profit WILL have negative effects for all humans... some more than others. Those who wish to deny that for personal greed... I guess we will see how the rest of their peers treat them once the "science is settled"

But enough about the alarmists.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You do realize that the "Hockey Stick" analogy has been debunked. In fact the hockey stick theory has been DOA for many years now.

http://www.worldclimatereport.com/index.php/2005/03/03/hockey-stick-1998-2005-rip/

People with little knowledge and experience about hockey only shows the rest of us how partisan and ridiculous they are when they try to use hockey sticks for things hockey sticks were never made for. You should leave the hockey sticks for the hockey players.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

But enough about the alarmists.

Like I said...you are one of the cheif proponents of

See no warming, Speak no warming, Hear no warming.

It is going to be.. how did you put it in another thread..... oh yes poetic justice..... when reality smacks yall.

Hope you are prepared

You do realize that the "Hockey Stick" analogy has been debunked. In fact the hockey stick theory has been DOA for many years now.

http://www.worldclimatereport.com/index.php/2005/03/03/hockey-stick-1998-2005-rip/

People with little knowledge and experience about hockey only shows the rest of us how partisan and ridiculous they are when they try to use hockey sticks for things hockey sticks were never made for. You should leave the hockey sticks for the hockey players.

Oh I can at least abide by YOUR desire for warming... Canada will make out like a bandit...

the US.... Not so much

Like I said...you are one of the cheif proponents of

See no warming, Speak no warming, Hear no warming.

Really? Show one post where I've said there hasn't been any warming.

Go ahead - I'll wait.

It is going to be.. how did you put it in another thread..... oh yes poetic justice..... when reality smacks yall.

Hope you are prepared

Temps DOWN since 1998 while CO2 is STILL rising... best not hold your breath waiting on your version of "reality" to happen.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706