jclalor

Republicans Propose New tax on Everyone but the wealthy.

and that INCOME isn't an accurate measure of RICHNESS

Whaat?

Income is absolutely a measure of one's status, comfort level, and socio-economic position in the United States of America.

What qualifies as top 1% of wealth owner? I want to look some of these guys and gals up and see what they're paying in taxes.

Just take that statistics course and quit spouting your silly interpretation of the data.

Still can't rebut the numbers, eh perfesser?

I've explained why they are meaningless to the point you attempt to make. Not my fault if you can't understand.

No, you haven't. Feel free to show some proof of your claim, however, instead of your usual attempt to discredit the poster.

BTW, let's see that flag with 51 stars on it outside FBI HQ.

Let's see that (D-MD) behind Congressman Norton's name. Let's see those Maryland driver's licenses and license plates being issued by DC DMV.

And it's evidently 57 stars...Obama must've gotten an "A" for a 75% score just like your students.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Whaat?

Income is absolutely a measure of one's status, comfort level, and socio-economic position in the United States of America.

What qualifies as top 1% of wealth owner? I want to look some of these guys and gals up and see what they're paying in taxes.

A smart guy like you does know how to use the Internets and the Googles don't you???

http://www.forbes.com/wealth/forbes-400

Or are you going to claim that had NO effect when you guys have bent the country over so soundly for so long

18% of the 5k and under taxed under Clinton, 3% under Bush.

Guess by 'you guys' you're describing your own crowd.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

smart guy like you does know how to use the Internets and the Googles don't you???

I'm getting a weird redirect from Firefox to an unrecognized IP.. That may have something to do with Linux. Forbes is definately not cached either..

What do you think I should do?

Call Shah's IT guys

We have to raise taxes AND cut spending (Military, S.S. Med Care.....)

Funny, that's exactly what the Democrats have been saying. Be careful, you'll get labeled if you keep talking like that.

which Democrats are these?

We're running trillion dollar deficits for the next decade, we're still in 2.25 wars, the Bush tax cuts were extended through 2012 and now we have an extra tax cut on SS.

Talk is cheap.

Just shows how wrong YOU can be.

about what? Wrong about Kallend Dreamdancer or Amazon (sorry it's confusing Libs don't use their real names on the internet) not posting an income level that they consider 'rich'?

What specific part am I wrong about?

Because I answered (post #144) BEFORE you claimed I wouldn't. Having comprehension problems today?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Whaat?

Do you REALLY not understand the difference between income and wealth? Really?

I was refering to the debt ceiling negotiations. The Democrats wanted a balanced plan to cut spending and increase revenue, but the Republicans would not accept any revenue increases whatsoever.

What was their plan?

Answer, they had none

They just kept telling the other side what they wanted

If you want compromise you have to have a place to sstart from

The Dems have been abdicating their responsibility for years now

Call them to account then a conversation can be had

Balanced my ass[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>What was their plan?
>Answer, they had none

So they had no plan.

>They just kept telling the other side what they wanted

So they kept telling the other side about their plan.

>If you want compromise you have to have a place to sstart from

So they had no plan.

I think you've just broken your own record for flipflops. Three in one post!

Your data on % of taxes paid in various income brackets are meaningless in the context of this discussion because the brackets are not adjusted for inflation, nor for the changing % of taxpayers within each bracket between 2000 and 2009. Is that clear to you now?

Discussing anything with you reminds me of the Heinlein quote "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time and annoys the pig"?

The Democrats wanted a balanced plan to cut spending and increase revenue, but the Republicans would not accept any revenue increases whatsoever.

I saw no "real" Dem plan to cut spending of any kind. It was all discussions about the extent of the massive increase. You can't say that a "slightly less massive increase" = "a cut". Only politicians really believe that level of semantic crap - and the brainwashed advocates that worship them.

Unless you actually believed the offer to "really, give us a massive increase this year and I PROMISE we'll cut spending a little bit in 10 or 20 years" :S

Neither side had any ability to compromise when there was not a common region to start from. Frankly, the points were so far apart, I saw no way either side to even begin to compromise.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Your data on % of taxes paid in various income brackets are meaningless in the context of this discussion because the brackets are not adjusted for inflation, nor for the changing % of taxpayers within each bracket between 2000 and 2009. Is that clear to you now?

I know you're desperate to try to disprove what the numbers show, but they're still valid - each bracket is compared to it's year only.

If I had stated that 'bracket x was y percent larger in 2009 than 2000' or 'bracket a paid b percent more dollars in 2009 than in 2000', you might have a point about demographics or inflation - unfortunately for your strawman, that's not the case.

Discussing anything with you reminds me of the Heinlein quote "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time and annoys the pig"?

Come to think of it...you *DO* seem sort of annoyed. You're not going to start grunting, are you?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ah, the magical Clinton years.... where 18% of those making less than 5k/year were taxed. Yup, that's gonna help the poor a lot!

Yet, in a past thread, you moaned about all those poor people not paying taxes!:S
You are funny.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Must....stop....laugh....ing.....side.....is.....split.....ting.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Yet, in a past thread, you moaned about all those poor people not paying taxes!:S

Pointed out that they do not pay taxes in response to the patently false whining about the rich 'expecting everything for nothing'? Yes.

Moaned about it? No.

You *do* like to make those strawmen, don't you?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I know you're desperate to try to disprove what the numbers show, but they're still valid - each bracket is compared to it's year only.

If I had stated that 'bracket x was y percent larger in 2009 than 2000' or 'bracket a paid b percent more dollars in 2009 than in 2000', you might have a point about demographics or inflation - unfortunately for your strawman, that's not the case.

Come to think of it...you *DO* seem sort of annoyed. You're not going to start grunting, are you?

You have no clue how to interpret data. You have shown it over and over.

That is all.

You have no clue how to interpret data. You have shown it over and over.

That is all.

10% of a total is 10% of a total, regardless of demographics or inflation.

Your strawman 'argument' is nothing but a desperate attempt to discredit the poster instead of rebutting the post. You have shown it over and over.

That is all.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Would the same apply to income levels? I'm not sure I understand how the brackets are not relevant or at the very least relative to each other.

Would the same apply to income levels? I'm not sure I understand how the brackets are not relevant or at the very least relative to each other.

"Bracket creep".

>What was their plan?
>Answer, they had none

So they had no plan.

>They just kept telling the other side what they wanted

So they kept telling the other side about their plan.

>If you want compromise you have to have a place to sstart from

So they had no plan.

I think you've just broken your own record for flipflops. Three in one post!

:D

Cool

Lets see you get a proposal through or compromised on by just telling the other side no, got change it:D:D

:D
Abraham Lincoln

SO THAT is what he has been doing!:D:D
Abraham Lincoln