tkhayes

ParaHog apparently has problem with Obama

Sad really.

What is 'sad' is a moderator that allows himself and his buddies to get away with breaking the rules, while being rather strict on others.
Back a hundred years ago, especially around Woodrow Wilson, what happened in this country is we took freedom and we chopped it into pieces.
Ron Paul

. . . get struck down with great vengance and furious anger . . .

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. 'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.'" -- Jules

FYI:

Ezekiel 25:17
King James Version (KJV)
17And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Yeayea we've all seen Pulp Fiction. Potato Potarto.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Can you read the rules?

I'm sure he can, just as others probably ought to follow the one about not creating new accounts to attempt to get around bans.

Ya follow my drift?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

. . . get struck down with great vengance and furious anger . . .

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. 'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.'" -- Jules

FYI:

Ezekiel 25:17
King James Version (KJV)
17And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Yeayea we've all seen Pulp Fiction. Potato Potarto.

And with that song, we'll leave the holy path and come back to earth :P ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo228wllnYY&feature=related

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Can you read the rules?

I'm sure he can, just as others probably ought to follow the one about not creating new accounts to attempt to get around bans.

Ya follow my drift?

I thought that was grounds for removing that person and ALL of their accounts from DIZZY Dot Com permanently.

Can you read the rules?

Ya follow my drift?

I thought that was grounds for removing that person and ALL of their accounts from DIZZY Dot Com permanently.

According to Sangiro's posting about the rules, so can excessive personal attacks, flaming or trolling, to wit:

"A member who is rude, excessively profane, or disruptive may receive a warning or may be suspended or banned immediately."
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Can you read the rules?

Ya follow my drift?

According to Sangiro's posting about the rules, so can excessive personal attacks, flaming or trolling, to wit:

"A member who is rude, excessively profane, or disruptive may receive a warning or may be suspended or banned immediately."

So how many alternate screennames have you made so you can be rude, excessively profane and disruptive so that you can drop your line in the water there Mikeeee.

Can you read the rules?

Ya follow my drift?

So, then when somebody says the moderation around here is ONLY lenient towards the folks that lean left . . . they're full of shit . . . aren't they? Because, in fact, we frequently let a LOT of people from everywhere have a bit of slack as long as they keep things within reason.

Understand one man's definition of "rude, excessively profane, or disruptive" may not be the same as a five-year-old girl with sand in her vagina because somebody else made a comment she took all too personally.

If I've offended any actual five-year-old girls with sand in their vaginas, they have my apologies. On the other hand, if you're a grown man . . . man the fuck up and quit whining about every, single, little, fucking, comment. It's just tiresome and makes you look like a five-year-old girl with . . . well, you should understand by now.
quade -

So, then when somebody says the moderation around here is ONLY lenient towards the folks that lean left . . . they're full of shit . . . aren't they? Because, in fact, we frequently let a LOT of people from everywhere have a bit of slack as long as they keep things within reason.

Yes, I'm aware that the moderation team cuts people slack, but it doesn't always end up being the same amount.

Parahog gets a warning for a PA - fair go and no problem there, but tk doesn't get one for making the thread, and the thread is still open?

If the rule isn't going to be enforced, why have it at all?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Parahog gets a warning for a PA - fair go and no problem there, but tk doesn't get one for making the thread, and the thread is still open?

Which is exactly what is wrong with black and white 100% no tolerance interpretations of rules; isn't it? Isn't that the kind of thing that a LOT of folks complain about; a kid has a penny sized GI Joe gun in his pocket and gets suspended for bringing a "weapon" to school and everybody goes bats shit crazy about how stupid the school is for being so strict in their no tolerance enforcement?

I generally would frown on a thread started saying "Real User X is a Poopy Pants" if it was, in fact, a real user and not some sock puppet.

However . . . let's be honest here.

No. Two wrongs don't make a right, but in this case, come on.
quade -

...I generally would frown on a thread started saying "Real User X is a Poopy Pants" if it was, in fact, a real user and not some sock puppet.

So we can make PAs and other prohibited behavior against/about the obvious sock puppets??

(mostly a joke for those with no sense of humor ;))
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

...I generally would frown on a thread started saying "Real User X is a Poopy Pants" if it was, in fact, a real user and not some sock puppet.

So we can make PAs and other prohibited behavior against/about the obvious sock puppets??

No. (mostly for those inclined to do so anyway. ;))
quade -

Which is exactly what is wrong with black and white 100% no tolerance interpretations of rules; isn't it? Isn't that the kind of thing that a LOT of folks complain about; a kid has a penny sized GI Joe gun in his pocket and gets suspended for brings a "weapon" to school and everybody goes bats shit crazy about how stupid the school is for being so strict in their no tolerance enforcement?

Plastic toy != weapon, even if it's shaped like one. A thread about a specific poster is still a thread about a specific poster.

I generally would frown on a thread started saying "Real User X is a Poopy Pants" if it was, in fact, a real user and not some sock puppet.

No. Two wrongs don't make a right, but in this case, come on.

So since it was a post about a purported right-wing sock puppet, it's ok to bypass the rules and leave the thread open. Is that the basic premise? And you're STILL going to claim you're impartial in your moderation duties?

Just close the damn thread.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No. (mostly for those inclined to do so anyway. ;))

Awwww, shucks (kicks dejectedly at the dirt) :(
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

And you're STILL going to claim you're impartial in your moderation duties?

Have you not found it instructional? I keep hearing gripes from people about how decisions are made around here and wanting explanations. I've talked here a bit about how we go about that.

Ya know, really, the absolute best way for a user to make a thread die? It's not continuing to complain about it, but rather simply stop posting in it.

Trust me, if you didn't continue to ask questions in it, I wouldn't feel compelled to answer them. People would get bored with the topic and it would fall into the abyss.

You are now one of the reasons this thread continues.
quade -

Can you read the rules?

Ya follow my drift?

I don't think you can delete an account. I tried to delete one and couldn't.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

And you're STILL going to claim you're impartial in your moderation duties?

Have you not found it instructional? I keep hearing gripes from people about how decisions are made around here and wanting explanations. I've talked here a bit about how we go about that.

Ya know, really, the absolute best way for a user to make a thread die? It's not continuing to complain about it, but rather simply stop posting in it.

Trust me, if you didn't continue to ask questions in it, I wouldn't feel compelled to answer them. People would get bored with the topic and it would fall into the abyss.

You are now one of the reasons this thread continues.

If that were the case, you would have left the other threads open, as they were still being posted in. "Look what you made me do" isn't an excuse, it's a cop-out.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Can you read the rules?

Ya follow my drift?

I don't think you can delete an account. I tried to delete one and couldn't.

Sometimes a person innocently makes two different accounts and wants one of them "deleted."

We (not me, but the entire management team) prefer a user pick one and just stick with it. We can ban the duplicate account, but honestly, if the user never logs into it again, it's functionally the same thing.
quade -

If that were the case, you would have left the other threads open, as they were still being posted in.

Nope. It's my SOP for dealing with sock puppet accounts. I've done the exact same thing numerous times before. The sock puppet came in to stir up trouble. The threads started by the sock puppet get locked rather than recycled/deleted so we (the moderators) can search for the sock puppet IP addresses in the future.

BTW, you're still keeping the thread bumped up by making comments that require a response. I thought you wanted the thread to die?
quade -

If that were the case, you would have left the other threads open, as they were still being posted in.

Nope. It's my SOP for dealing with sock puppet accounts. I've done the exact same thing numerous times before. The sock puppet came in to stir up trouble. The threads started by the sock puppet get locked rather than recycled/deleted so we (the moderators) can search for the sock puppet IP addresses in the future.

BTW, you're still keeping the thread bumped up by making comments that require a response.

"Look what you made me do" *STILL* isn't an excuse, Paul.

I thought you wanted the thread to die?

Yes, I expect you do to do your job as a moderator and close a thread that is specifically about another poster, against the rules as per the sticky at the top of the forum.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yes, I expect you do to do your job as a moderator and close a thread that is specifically about another poster, against the rules as per the sticky at the top of the forum.

Ok, just so I'm 100% completely clear here and there are NO mistakes whatsoever, from now on, in my dealings with you, you're asking me to have a NO TOLERANCE policy regarding your posts. Is that correct? Is that what I'm reading? That if you drive 50.0001 mph in the 50 mph zone, you want me to deal with you as harshly as the rules allow. Is that correct?

Further, you want me to apply that same NO TOLERANCE approach to all your friends like, for instance, JohnRich and Gravitymaster.

Is that what you're asking me to do?
quade -