JohnRich

Woman gets jury trial for displaying plastic testicles on truck

And in other news: A bull with a rope tied around its scrotum and being ridden by a cowboy is being charged with lewdly exposing its genitals in front of hundreds of innocent children at a rodeo in Omaha, Nebraska.

To correct "other news": The rope isn't tied around the testicles.

Correct. It's called a *flank* - painful, nevertheless.

I disagree. The flank cinch has no more pressure applied to it than the cinch on a saddle horse. For one thing, bucking bulls are worth a lot of money and the owners/stock contractors are not about to cause harm to their stock. Stock contractors and bull riders make their living from these animals and in actuality, bucking bulls are very well taken care of. The flank strap or cinch is not in contact with the testicles of the bull.
A lot of lies have been spread about rodeo by animal rights groups and because of this, rodeo has been under 'the microscope'. The reason that a bull bucks is because he wants to get rid of that rider on his back. Bucking bulls are bred for just that... to buck. I hope, that might clear-up any mis-conceptions.

Chuck

News:

"A woman wanted to make a statement, so she decorated her truck with a set of red plastic testicles. And now a jury gets to decide if she was exercising free speech or being just obscene.

"Virginia Tice was given a $445 ticket July 5 that accuses her of violating the state's obscene bumper sticker law..."
Full story: http://www.live5news.com/story/15154990/sc-woman-gets-jury-trial-for-display

Your poll doesn't allow for "They're offensive and should be allowed."

It's free speech. They're just as stupid as the truckers that have the naked silhouettes of women on their mudflaps, just as stupid as sticking big tit outlines on their rear window. But...that's what the first amendment is for; to allow people to display their ignorance and brilliance without inhibition.

And in other news: A bull with a rope tied around its scrotum and being ridden by a cowboy is being charged with lewdly exposing its genitals in front of hundreds of innocent children at a rodeo in Omaha, Nebraska.

I disagree. The flank cinch has no more pressure applied to it than the cinch on a saddle horse. For one thing, bucking bulls are worth a lot of money and the owners/stock contractors are not about to cause harm to their stock. Stock contractors and bull riders make their living from these animals and in actuality, bucking bulls are very well taken care of. The flank strap or cinch is not in contact with the testicles of the bull.
A lot of lies have been spread about rodeo by animal rights groups and because of this, rodeo has been under 'the microscope'. The reason that a bull bucks is because he wants to get rid of that rider on his back. Bucking bulls are bred for just that... to buck. I hope, that might clear-up any mis-conceptions.

Chuck

What I said. Chuck - The rope isn't tied around the testicles

And that about flank cinches (*roughly* translated):

"One of the most important tools to bring the animals to solid defensive play, are the so-called "flank straps". These belts are - as the name suggests - at the edge of the animal, which is extremely sensitive and pressure-sensitive. Upon leaving the starting box, the belt is tightened up so that it exerts on the massive ribs of unprotected abdomen pressure. The pressure pain triggers a defensive behavior in animals, described by organizers as "controlled bumps". Without flank the animals would not "controlled", but buck in all possible directions, so the riders could barely stay on the animals.

Although the operators often claim that the belt is loose around the body, this is only true as long as the animals are in the lock-up; at latest after leaving this by tightening the belt gives a big pressure on the belt. Even if the straps have padding to protect it - according to TVT report - they are not protecting against the pain, but just against the visible injuries such as abrasions.
Furthermore, rodeo supporters often do argue that the rider only would remain 8 seconds on the animals. However, the flank strap for horses are removed by hand, because to stop the horses with the buck, if the rider was thrown off, but continue to decrease in the flank strap does delay the depositing of the flank strap often a considerable time.

For bulls, the belt is anatomically related to the urethra, which is likely to intensify the pain. Unlike horses, the flank straps loose through the bumps of itself, so that the defensive reactions stop after the ejection of the rider, nevertheless, the flank strap, according to TVT report is to be considered "as a cause of suffering (stress, anxiety, fear) and also as a potential cause of pain."

source; http://www.veganseite.de/tierbefreiung/rodeo

I'm not the outspoken protector of animal rights but, since many many years a member of The International League for the Protection of Horses. So I have some doubts.

Anyhow, that has nothing to do with you personally or your job or ..... No. It's just what I heard.

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Chuck

What I said. Chuck - The rope isn't tied around the testicles

And that about flank cinches (*roughly* translated):

"One of the most important tools to bring the animals to solid defensive play, are the so-called "flank straps". These belts are - as the name suggests - at the edge of the animal, which is extremely sensitive and pressure-sensitive. Upon leaving the starting box, the belt is tightened up so that it exerts on the massive ribs of unprotected abdomen pressure. The pressure pain triggers a defensive behavior in animals, described by organizers as "controlled bumps". Without flank the animals would not "controlled", but buck in all possible directions, so the riders could barely stay on the animals.

Although the operators often claim that the belt is loose around the body, this is only true as long as the animals are in the lock-up; at latest after leaving this by tightening the belt gives a big pressure on the belt. Even if the straps have padding to protect it - according to TVT report - they are not protecting against the pain, but just against the visible injuries such as abrasions.
Furthermore, rodeo supporters often do argue that the rider only would remain 8 seconds on the animals. However, the flank strap for horses are removed by hand, because to stop the horses with the buck, if the rider was thrown off, but continue to decrease in the flank strap does delay the depositing of the flank strap often a considerable time.

For bulls, the belt is anatomically related to the urethra, which is likely to intensify the pain. Unlike horses, the flank straps loose through the bumps of itself, so that the defensive reactions stop after the ejection of the rider, nevertheless, the flank strap, according to TVT report is to be considered "as a cause of suffering (stress, anxiety, fear) and also as a potential cause of pain."

source; http://www.veganseite.de/tierbefreiung/rodeo

I'm not the outspoken protector of animal rights but, since many many years a member of The International League for the Protection of Horses. So I have some doubts.

Anyhow, that has nothing to do with you personally or your job or ..... No. It's just what I heard.

Christel

I clicked on the site you provided and well... I can't read German![:/]
I understand where you're coming from but I really think, animal rights groups have exaggerated the subject. I've just never read, seen or heard of any injuries to bucking bulls, short term or long term from the use of flank straps. I'm still, gonna' watch PBR! :D:D I've seen video of bull riders in Mexico, who wear sharpened, pointed spurs that hey jab into the ribs of the bull, so they don't get bucked-off. Flank cinches are nothing compared to that.
Thank you for posting what you did. It's good to 'see' the other side of the story.

Chuck

But...that's what the first amendment is for; to allow people to display their ignorance and brilliance without inhibition.

Well, actually it's FOR much more noble purposes and allowing "people to display their ignorance and brilliance without inhibition" is the side effect.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well, actually it's FOR much more noble purposes and allowing "people to display their ignorance and brilliance without inhibition" is the side effect.

It may have been intended to be for much more noble purpose, but in modern times, Twitter, Facebook, bumper stickers, Tshirts. billboards, and graffiti are the primary beneficiaries of the founding father's vision.

What about this?
http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/2006/11/beetle-pube.html
I don't find it offensive, but do think it should be banned.

ETA Darn it, thought I had this link stuff figured out.

Had it been rammed by the Oscar Meyer wiener-mobile, what a fucking accident that would had been. :P
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

What about this?
http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/2006/11/beetle-pube.html
I don't find it offensive, but do think it should be banned.

ETA Darn it, thought I had this link stuff figured out.

Had it been rammed by the Oscar Meyer wiener-mobile, what a fucking accident that would had been. :P

True. It would be a shame to see that nice artwork get banged up though.
But what do I know?

If hanging swinging balls off the hitch was against the law in Maryland, the cops would have to pull over a significant portion of the population of So. Md.

I've seen those in every conceivable color. They are vaguely obscene, definitely disgusting, but only show that the owner is a low-life.

Now, if you want to see real balls attached to a hitch:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_14093_14093?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Towing-_-Ball%20Mount%20Hitches-_-6853&ci_sku=6853&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=%7Bkeyword%7D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I've got big balls
Oh, I've got big balls
And they're such big balls
Dirty big balls
And he's got big balls
And she's got big balls
But we've got the biggest balls of them all

Some balls are held for charity
And some for fancy dress
But when they're held for pleasure
They're the balls that I like best
My balls are always bouncing
To the left and to the right
It's my belief that my big balls
Should be held every night

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Yup, it takes a BIG man to wrestle a calf or a horse to the ground.[:/]
I realize rodeos are a tradition for some of ya'alls, but if you really think the animals are "just fine" you're delusional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Sch7V9ibk

I watched that video and that's not the Cheyenne Frontier Days I've been to!
You should see what happens to those cows and calves and horses in 'nature' out in the pastures! Bulls fight, butt and gore each other. Coyotes and feral hogs violently kill and eat new-born calves. Packs of coyotes and big cats attack and viciously kill horses. That's nature! I've seen it!
Sometimes, things happen and a bull, horse or calf might get injured but what animal rights folks need to understand is, there's a lot and I mean a lot of money in rodeo roughstock and they are treated well. You go up against a 2,000-lb. bull and see who comes out on the short end. Animal hoarders who think they are doing animals good, do more harm than rodeo ever will. I've seen more livestock kept in horrible conditions by people who can't afford those animals. Water tanks over-grown with algae, standing in small stalls, up to their hocks in mud and manure, old, nasty hay... if any, horse's hooves in bad need of trimming... basically, a hide on a skeleton. Very little is done about those folks. Noone involved in rodeo 'intentionally' does anything to purposely hurt those animals. Some animal rights folks select only the worse videoes of some backyard event and put it out to the world as a 'common occurance'. Sure, things happen, even in the best regulated things but to say 'that' those videoes are the norm is delusional!
By the way... it's 'Y'all'!

Chuck

I realize rodeos are a tradition for some of ya'alls, but if you really think the animals are "just fine" you're delusional.

You should see what happens to those cows and calves and horses in 'nature' out in the pastures! Bulls fight, butt and gore each other. Coyotes and feral hogs violently kill and eat new-born calves. Packs of coyotes and big cats attack and viciously kill horses. That's nature! I've seen it!

Yes, but humans CLAIM to be better than animals.

"Jimmy did it first" was not an excuse my mother accepted for my bad behavior. I doubt your mother accepted such an excuse either.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yes, but humans CLAIM to be better than animals.

"Jimmy did it first" was not an excuse my mother accepted for my bad behavior. I doubt your mother accepted such an excuse either.

Don't get me wrong, I love animals just as much as the next guy but when a bunch of zealots spread lies to promote their cause, I don't like it. Some of these so-called animal rights folks need to be looked into!
As for rodeo, I like it and I'll defend it. Professional rodeo is highly regulated and they are well aware that there are folks trying to do away with it on 'animal cruelty' charges. I've been to and worked too many rodeos and in all my years, have never seen an act of cruelty to any of the animals. That's not to say, in some un-sanctioned 'rodeos, acts of cruelty don't happen but to spread videoes with the claim 'this is what happens in all rodeos' is totally wrong.
As for humans being better than the animals, they have that choice, some choose not to.

Just to add... Look into some of the 'upper-crust' horse events, jumping, polo, dressage and so-on. Some of their events and training methods can be questioned.

Chuck

...that's what the first amendment is for; to allow people to display

I don't consider any of this stuff "free speech". There isn't really any statements being made here.

But I think it just falls under the 'mind your own business and stop being such a whiny sensitive weirdo' category. or the "deal with it, people like wierd stuff, so just ignore it" category.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

But...that's what the first amendment is for; to allow people to display their ignorance and brilliance without inhibition.

better said -

+1

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

better said -

+1

One thing about it, it makes a statement all-right... it states who the hell to stay away from.!:D:D:D

Chuck

Not sure what this has to do with anything. Lots of crazy stuff happens in nature. It's NATURE..
Rodeos hurt and maim animals purely for humans enjoyment. I recently saw a rodeo. Honestly, it made my stomach churn. Was there BLATANT animal abuse? I dunno. What I did see though, sucked. Little calves tackled to the ground. Horses beaten and thrown to the ground. All I'm saying is that what it LOOKED like was a bunch of cow poke, ummm, compensating for something...
BTW, I'm no bleeding heart. I worked with dogs in the military to find explosives. Some particular dogs needed a zap or two of electricity to complete the training. But did I enjoy zapping them?? Hell no.. Also, we were training dogs to save lives, not just doing it for fun. Is there a difference?? I sure as hell think so, otherwise I wouldn't have done it...

Not sure what this has to do with anything. Lots of crazy stuff happens in nature. It's NATURE..
Rodeos hurt and maim animals purely for humans enjoyment. I recently saw a rodeo. Honestly, it made my stomach churn. Was there BLATANT animal abuse? I dunno. What I did see though, sucked. Little calves tackled to the ground. Horses beaten and thrown to the ground. All I'm saying is that what it LOOKED like was a bunch of cow poke, ummm, compensating for something...
BTW, I'm no bleeding heart. I worked with dogs in the military to find explosives. Some particular dogs needed a zap or two of electricity to complete the training. But did I enjoy zapping them?? Hell no.. Also, we were training dogs to save lives, not just doing it for fun. Is there a difference?? I sure as hell think so, otherwise I wouldn't have done it...

What you described... ain't rodeo! Where was this? I'll agree with you, what you described was cruelty. I don't believe, it could be compared to PRCA sactioned rodeo. It's the non sanctioned that make it tough on the professionally sanctioned. Those are the ones who need to be turned-in!
We don't get 'ugly' when working cattle or horses. sometimes, like you said, you might have to 'sting' one to get it in the trailer but not very damned often.

Chuck