hwt

Obama can't guarantee SS payments

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/07/Obama-Debt-dispute-threatens-Social-Security-176615/1

President Obama said today he can't guarantee that Social Security checks will go out after Aug. 2, unless Congress agrees to increase the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling.

"This is not just a matter of Social Security checks," Obama also told CBS News. "These are veterans' checks; these are folks on disability and their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out."

Yes America this is our leader in action.;)

This country is on the verge of economic ruin and all we get from him is political bullshit... He acts like the American people are too stupid to understand anything...
We do not understand that Obama has control of the purse strings.;)

Well, I for one understand that to borrow and spend on big banks , unions , auto companies, failed policies and SHOVEL READY JOBS which were (not so shovel ready) is failed policy. .;)

I understand that quantitative easing #1 and #2 robbed all of us as the value of the dollar shrinks .

I understand that if we don't change course our AAA bond rating will be lowered ...
and all this CLOWN does is play politics. [:/]

Watch his piece on the news tonight.
The part where he says only 'professional politicians" understand the problem, NOT the average citizen.
Interesting that I see it the complete opposite.
When my check book is empty, I DON'T WRITE CHECKS I CAN'T COVER!!!!!!

B|

The part where he says only 'professional politicians" understand the problem, NOT the average citizen.

B|

I usually just print more money
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/07/Obama-Debt-dispute-threatens-Social-Security-176615/1

President Obama said today he can't guarantee that Social Security checks will go out after Aug. 2, unless Congress agrees to increase the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling.

"This is not just a matter of Social Security checks," Obama also told CBS News. "These are veterans' checks; these are folks on disability and their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out."

This country is on the verge of economic ruin and all we get from him is political bullshit... He acts like the American people are too stupid to understand anything...

Well, I for one understand that to borrow and spend on big banks , unions , auto companies, failed policies and SHOVEL READY JOBS which were (not so shovel ready) is failed policy. .;)

I understand that quantitative easing #1 and #2 robbed all of us as the value of the dollar shrinks .

I understand that if we don't change course our AAA bond rating will be lowered ...

And all that clueless right wing conservatives do is wallow in their ignorance and repeat the talking points provided by their leaders.

ShrubCo, et al, raised the debt ceiling SEVEN TIMES in eight years. Borrowed trillions for invasions and occupations, AKA, the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, while CUTTING TAXES FOR THE EXTREMELY WEALTHY!!! How do you think that we got where we are now? Rescumlicans borrowing money and spending it like drunken sailors, starting in 1980 with Ronald Reagan.

You whining sacks of shit can go to hell. Obama is playing politics perfectly. He has been ready, willing and able to compromise. He has led the Rescumlican leaders into a trap. He has them pinned like the RATS that they are. Now he is turning up the political heat by holding the Republicans accountable for their indefensible political position on this matter. All of the sacfifice to "fix" the budget deficit cannot be on the backs of the poor, the young, and the elderly, unless you are a real asshole, and support really assholistic politics. SHARED SACRIFICE, starting with those that have had a gravy train for the past nine years, will get us out of this mess.

If you right wing shitheads don't pull your heads out of your asses and start being patriotic, for real, the scumbags you elected will drive the country off the financial cliff.

And all that clueless right wing conservatives do is wallow in their ignorance and repeat the talking points provided by their leaders.

ShrubCo, et al, raised the debt ceiling SEVEN TIMES in eight years. Borrowed trillions for invasions and occupations, AKA, the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, while CUTTING TAXES FOR THE EXTREMELY WEALTHY!!! How do you think that we got where we are now? Rescumlicans borrowing money and spending it like drunken sailors, starting in 1980 with Ronald Reagan.

You whining sacks of shit can go to hell. Obama is playing politics perfectly. He has been ready, willing and able to compromise. He has led the Rescumlican leaders into a trap. He has them pinned like the RATS that they are. Now he is turning up the political heat by holding the Republicans accountable for their indefensible political position on this matter. All of the sacfifice to "fix" the budget deficit cannot be on the backs of the poor, the young, and the elderly, unless you are a real asshole, and support really assholistic politics. SHARED SACRIFICE, starting with those that have had a gravy train for the past nine years, will get us out of this mess.

If you right wing shitheads don't pull your heads out of your asses and start being patriotic, for real, the scumbags you elected will drive the country off the financial cliff.

Have you recently lost your right to own a gun?

He can easily pay all SS, Medicare and interest on the debt even if the GOP leadership continues its irresponsible behavior. All he has to do is not pay the Pentagon (and all the servicemen).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

He can easily pay all SS, Medicare and interest on the debt even if the GOP leadership continues its irresponsible behavior. All he has to do is not pay the Pentagon (and all the servicemen).

Sounds like a prescription for a coup d'etat.

The GOP can easily fix it.

Sounds like a prescription for a coup d'etat.

The GOP can easily fix it.

Well, we do tend to own a higher percentage of the guns. :P

I think it's funny that the GOP squawks constantly about the government spending too much money, but actually threaten to STOP spending money on anything and their reply is "but there’s going to be money available."

"Oh, you mean . . . you actually want us to stop spending money on something that's popular? Well, uh . . . IT'S OBAMA'S FAULT! We wanted to keep spending the money, but HE wants to stop it! O the horror! O the humanity!"

If they had an ounce of courage they'd stand by their convictions.

B|

I didn't get a pay increase this year, however the same amount of money coming in allows me to cover current expenses. I might have to cut back here and there, like my flying money, but otherwise no major financial crisis.

So is Obama, saying if he can't get the 2 Trillion or so he is requesting, the Government is going to go belly up, and Old people will starve, children will go with out. Bull Shit, heard this story once before. We need to pass the stimulus to prevent financial disaster. At a cost of $270,000 per job created or saved. I think a little more time is not going to create a financial collapse.

I think Dems/Reps will come to some short term agreement, hopefully with major speeding cuts, including some sacred cows, and possibly a small tax increase on the so called wealthy, which will trickle down on the middle class.

Question: Does any progressive liberal believe in spending cuts? Or do they think money grows on trees, or maybe its simply the belief, whats yours is mine, and I'll take it.

Question: Does any progressive liberal believe in spending cuts?

Oh yes. I'd cut military spending until it was only twice as much as the next largest spending nation (China) instead of 6 times as much. I'd cancel every military program favored by a politician that the Pentagon actually didn't want, too.

And every state that receives more in federal spending than it generates in federal revenues would be cut back until spending = revenues.

Might cause some whining in the red states, though.

Question: Does any progressive liberal believe in spending cuts?

Oh yes. I'd cut military spending until it was only twice as much as the next largest spending nation (China) instead of 6 times as much. I'd cancel every military program favored by a politician that the Pentagon actually didn't want, too.

And every state that receives more in federal spending than it generates in federal revenues would be cut back until spending = revenues.

Might cause some whining in the red states, though.

Sadly that makes sense, so it won't ever be used.[:/]

The POTUS also may be off on the VA checks, aren't they a 24 months budget cycle?

Matt
Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

ShrubCo ... Rescumlicans ... Rescumlican ...

I don't know if you're familiar with South Park at all but there's an episode where people come back in time from the future to find work, and they take over menial jobs for really low wages and then invest it so that in the future their families are rich. Anyway, the redneck characters start the episode saying, "They took our jobs!" and they repeat it and repeat it and repeat it but as the episode goes on the drawl gets so thick that by the end they're literally just yelling, "DUR DHURP DEE DUUUURRRRRRRRR!"

Anytime I read posts where people mangle politicians or pundits names or political parties to demonstrate how angrily they stand behind their viewpoint that episode is all I can think of.

That said...

This move by Obama is political strong-arming 101. You pick the one thing that most directly affects your oppositions' constituency, you jab there, and then you publically state that your opposition has given you no other choice. (Which is a lie, but that doesn't matter.)

That said...

Not raising the debt ceiling is a silly place to make a stand on budgetary issues. It's like freezing the number on one of those national debt billboards, loading it on to the back of a truck and driving off manically shouting "The debt stops here! You'll never take me alive coppers!" over your shoulder.

One option would be to disband all the appropriations committees. Then reform them and don't allow anyone who had previously been a member of a given committee to be involved. They've already done the work of communicating to us who shouldn't be on said committees, so anyone else is more likely to make decisions in the best interests of the country as opposed to spending money in ways they think will get them reelected.

You closed minded fool, I HATED BUSH for that very reason . SO your answer is "since he did it , Its ok for my president no matter haw bad he is... All he wants is his agenda no matter haw bad it is for this country wake up . looks like the union schools taught you how to think.:S

Rescumlicans borrowing money and spending it like drunken sailors, starting in 1980 with Ronald Reagan.

ah yes... the 2 wrongs make a right argument. ok... if that's all you've got.

one side says no tax hikes, one says no spending cuts. when the reality is both are required.
--
Rob

You closed minded fool, I HATED BUSH for that very reason . SO your answer is "since he did it , Its ok for my president no matter HEE haw bad he is... All he wants is his agenda no matter HEE haw bad it is for this country wake up . looks like the union schools taught you how to think.:S

Where was all that angst when Ronnie RayGun and King George II was doing it.... yup.. all we got from those of you on the far right was