SpeedRacer

Why are there gay rodeos?

>All white heterosexual male skydives? No one dares to promote such a thing...

You must have missed the guys-way at the JFTC.

Did they have to pass a heterosexual test before they could get on that load? :P

The test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3viQHsBFc4
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Did they have to pass a heterosexual test before they could get on that load? :P

The test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3viQHsBFc4

:D That's exactly what I was thinking of. I just watched that movie for the first time since I was a kid, and it was still funny... Of course, there were a few things I probably didn't "get" as a kid.

The test: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Classic! :D:D:D

Chuck

three members of the Men's World Record were gay.

Great! So why do they have their own separate events where they exclude everyone else, as a way of celebrating the way they are? That seems contradictory. If you want to be treated just like everyone else, then just participate like everyone else, like in that Men's World Record. When you set yourself apart and do your own thing, excluding everyone else, it's like saying that you ARE different, and don't want to be equal to everyone else. That seems bass-ackwards to me.

75 percent of the people having a blast at the Last Rainbow Boogie were straight. Mark and Alain make an effort to involve everyone at the DZ. There were a really surprising number of well groomed, well dressed, fit young guys who appeared to be sowing some pretty well deserved but previously supressed oats at the after hours parties.

You're probably a tall, white, straight guy, huh John?

It's not inexcusable that you have no concept of the pure joy one can find when an outsider like themselves reaches out and builds a safe place for people who aren't tall, straight, white guys.
Owned by Remi #?

You're probably a tall, white, straight guy, huh John? It's not inexcusable that you have no concept of the pure joy one can find when an outsider like themselves reaches out and builds a safe place for people who aren't tall, straight, white guys.

No, I'm an fat, ugly, balding, old fart (FUBOF).

I guess the only way I can find joy in life is to organize a FUBOF Boogie, for fat, ugly, balding, old farts. Then I can finally feel like I'm a part of something, when I'm surrounded by people just like me. Yeah, we'll show those young, good-looking, skinny fuckers with full heads of hair that we're not people to be trifled with!

On the other hand, I could just go out and enjoy life like everyone else, hanging out with all types of people, good-looking ones and ugly ones, fat ones and skinny ones, bald ones and hairy ones, young ones and old ones. I like the diversity of mixing with people of all types. FUBOF's, by going forth into a wide variety of activities, can show the world that they're not over the hill and shouldn't be put out to pasture - they're just like anyone else! What a concept!

If gays want to be integrated and accepted in society, then they should go out and do things - don't hide in your own cliques and whine about how others dislike you. Become the mayor of Houston, run for city council, participate in group sports, volunteer at charities. Make it clear to the world that gays are everywhere, and they're just like everyone else, and expect to be treated no differently. Exposure is what breeds acceptance.

three members of the Men's World Record were gay.

Great! So why do they have their own separate events where they exclude everyone else, as a way of celebrating the way they are? That seems contradictory. If you want to be treated just like everyone else, then just participate like everyone else, like in that Men's World Record. When you set yourself apart and do your own thing, excluding everyone else, it's like saying that you ARE different, and don't want to be equal to everyone else. That seems bass-ackwards to me.

I think it was in Florida, some 15 years ago, somebody organized an all-Javelin container big way. It even made it into Parachutist. I was really bummed that they wouldn't let me join them, just because of my Wonderhog gear.

To teach them a lesson I wanted to organize a blond, blue-eyed musician load, all wearing argyle socks. And I did. I hold the record (it's a record of one).
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

>I guess the only way I can find joy in life is to organize a FUBOF Boogie, for fat, ugly, balding, old farts.

Now that would be fun to see. I'd even buy you a ticket for the jump.

>I like the diversity of mixing with people of all types.

Apparently so do gay rodeo types. Most regular rodeos exclude women from some events; gay rodeos do not. So if you want to mix with a bunch of different people of different sexes and orientations, you probably want to go to a gay rodeo over a straight-only men-only one.

So how about it, John? Would you rather go to events that exclude people, or ones that don't?

a FUBOF Boogie, for fat, ugly, balding, old farts

That sounds..... Well, not nearly as much fun as a gay rodeo. :D

I used to go to the West of the Pecos Rodeo every year, and what I remember most is the good-looking cowboys, the dances after the rodeo, and the mechanical bull. So I don't think the whole rodeo thing is just about people going to watch a "sport." And from what I read of the "gay" rodeos, they don't exclude anyone, so you don't have to be gay to attend or participate. And there are plenty of non-gay rodeos around for anyone who isn't interested. So I just don't see a big deal.

>I guess the only way I can find joy in life is to organize a FUBOF Boogie, for fat, ugly, balding, old farts.

Now that would be fun to see. I'd even buy you a ticket for the jump.

>I like the diversity of mixing with people of all types.

Apparently so do gay rodeo types. Most regular rodeos exclude women from some events; gay rodeos do not. So if you want to mix with a bunch of different people of different sexes and orientations, you probably want to go to a gay rodeo over a straight-only men-only one.

So how about it, John? Would you rather go to events that exclude people, or ones that don't?

In PRCA rodeos, the only event involving women is, barrel racing. The rough-stock events are only men, as are tie-down roping, steer wrestling and team roping. In some of the minor rodeoes, women are involved in break-away roping and team roping. It's just the way rodeo has evolved. In PRCA events, barrel racing pays just as good as rough stock events. Some of these events are held outside the major rodeos and involve women and some events like 'mutton bustin' ' involve kids. Some good money can be made... if, you're good enough!

Chuck

I saw a King of the Hill episode about a gay rodeo, and then found out there are a bunch of them. Why? I understand gay dance clubs, because of the romantic implications of partner dancing, but why rodeos? When you watch a rodeo, or any other sport event, who cares about the contestant's private life?

IMO, they are trying to prove they are normal.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Gee-zuz christ.

Speaking of which, why are there "Christian Skydivers?"

In the beginning the vision came to me as a way to enhance fellowship among believers. Christians are a distinct minority in the sport. It is difficult for the Christian to socialize post skydive . If you spot another jumper wearing the CSA emblem you know you have something in common.

Back in the early 70's there was the rainbow emblem for pot smokers. It has since taken on new meaning. The point being, it was easier to identify a like minded jumper.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I guess the only way I can find joy in life is to organize a FUBOF Boogie, for fat, ugly, balding, old farts. Then I can finally feel like I'm a part of something, when I'm surrounded by people just like me. Yeah, we'll show those young, good-looking, skinny fuckers with full heads of hair that we're not people to be trifled with!

Um, you mean like POPS? Or FOF? Or SOS?

You must feel very disappointed at being betrayed by your fellow old fuckers.

Become the mayor of Houston, run for city council, participate in group sports, volunteer at charities.

Right. Because if you go to a gay rodeo, they don't let you do any of that other stuff. It's mutually exclusive.

Make it clear to the world that gays are everywhere, and they're just like everyone else,

And then spend the time defending themselves against the people bitching about how the flaming gays are rubbing their faces in it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I think they have gay rodeos so they can dress up in all that leather.

Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner! :D

That's reason enough for someone risking their neck to ride a bull!

Chuck

Assless chaps are the new black.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

All white heterosexual male skydives? No one dares to promote such a thing...

I think all-white is pretty much the default on most skydives, isn't it? But that's a whole different topic...

That's true, but not because skydivers discriminate against blacks. It's only because this sport for some reason doesn't attract many blacks. Where blacks do exist, I've always seen them accepted as part of the family, no different from anyone else. Gays the same. As skydivers, we're judged by how well and how safely we fly in the air, not by skin color, religion, money, nor sexuality. A homosexual that can fly circles around anyone else will be respected on the drop zone, regardless of his sexuality. And if someone doesn't like that, the problem is their own.

I think they have gay rodeos so they can dress up in all that leather.

Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner! :D

That's reason enough for someone risking their neck to ride a bull!

Chuck

Assless chaps are the new black.

If, you don't wear britches under them, they're all assless! :D

Chuck

>As skydivers, we're judged by how well and how safely we fly in the air, not by skin
>color, religion, money, nor sexuality.

So I take it you would choose a gay rodeo (where all sexes and sexual orientations are welcomed) over a straight rodeo (where gays and women are not welcome at some events?)