quade

Dear bin Laden Family,

You can't understand the need for someone to want to know about the death of one of their parents?

I understand more about the families of 3000 innocent people wanting to bring justice to the leader of the terrorist organization that killed their loved ones for no reason whatsoever.

I have no sympathy for the bin Laden family. They knew precisely what he was up to. If they doubt his death, then they can try to contact him they way they always have and see how far they get.

They, and the Saudi "royal" family that financed him, can also suck my balls.

Your lack of empathy is surprising and also sad. Your invocation of the 9/11 families is also misguided. I think it was Ghandi who said: "An eye for an eye and then we're all blind."
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

bring justice to the leader of the terrorist organization that killed their loved ones for no reason whatsoever.

Also, do you mean by this statement that you are unaware of Bin Laden's stated intention for the 9/11 attacks?
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

Hey Bro... my give a damns busted (to borrow from a popular song.) That sob's actions has cost me to many dead friends, ten years of my life three and a half years deployed from my family. Not to mention shit I can not talk about in decent company.

Hey Bro... my give a damns busted (to borrow from a popular song.) That sob's actions has cost me to many dead friends, ten years of my life three and a half years deployed from my family. Not to mention shit I can not talk about in decent company.

well, i'm tempted to say, your own goddamn choice, live with it! :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

My personal satisfaction at him taking a water nap is heavily tinged with my abhorrence of political assassination.

I guess it depends on how one defines "political assassination", but bin Laden wasn't a head of state; he was the head of a rogue terrorist organization.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>I cannot help but imagine the international (and domestic) uproar over an
> assassination that was authorized by Bush.

Had either Bush or Obama arrested him, handcuffed him, then brought him behind the house and shot him in the head, then yes, there would have been a justifiable international and domestic uproar - because it would have been an assassination without a trial.

Fortunately, that's not what happened. Bin Laden's shooting was no more an "assassination" than it was in this case:

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2011/04/trenton_police_release_name_of_1.html

Got me on that one. I had my retirement date set before 911 hit. I decided to stay and see where the ride took me. But I do have a lot of rage at the assholes who caused it. If ya make it out to Elsinore I will introduce you to moonshine..B|

My personal satisfaction at him taking a water nap is heavily tinged with my abhorrence of political assassination.

I disagree with defining it as a political assassination. Killing Castro, for example, would have been a political assassination. Rather, I see it as the targeting of a command-and-control leader of an active enemy force in the field. By way of historical example, I'd liken it more to the shooting-down of General Yamamoto during WWII.

I disagree with defining it as a political assassination. Killing Castro, for example, would have been a political assassination. Rather, I see it as the targeting of a command-and-control leader of an active enemy force in the field. By way of historical example, I'd liken it more to the shooting-down of General Yamamoto during WWII.

That's probably a good analogy but even the killing of Yamamoto was characterized by some as an assassination (rather than a combat casualty) simply because he was personally targeted. But even though OBL was involved in strategic planning (and no doubt provided some tactical input) I envisioned him as more of a visionary, big picture, ideological leader while Zawahiri is more the command-and-control operational leader. (I certainly don't want to imply that I think of OBL as a political leader such as Prime Minister, President, etc.) But my main point and question - Does the killing of a political leader (by an enemy) during wartime equate with a political assassination? Just considering the impending assassination of Qaddafi.

Got me on that one. I had my retirement date set before 911 hit. I decided to stay and see where the ride took me. But I do have a lot of rage at the assholes who caused it. If ya make it out to Elsinore I will introduce you to moonshine..B|

B|

how's your foot BTW!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

You and your friends made a big mistake when you signed up to be moved around like pawns on a chess board.

Hey go join AQ, I am sure someone will be attending to you shortly.

LOL, are you still upset that I called you out in the other thread? I'm still waiting for a reply to that one btw.

You are simply not worthy of an answer.

That is the simple fact of it all.

Well I'll put my InfoSec credentials up against yours, how about that?

I'll start. I have the CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, CISA, CISM, and CBCP.

Much more where that came from... how about you?

I have the CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, CISA, CISM, and CBCP.

BFD. WTF does that have to do with anything?

It's a follow-on from this thread where he says "But what do I know, I only have a InfoSec education."

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4113134

It struck me as incredibly sanctimonious. So I called him on it, and he hasn't replied. I'm really curious to see how his expertise stacks up against mine on this topic, because I could tell he was talking out of his arse.

I'm really curious to see how his expertise stacks up against mine on this topic . . .

Centuries ago an old chinese teacher by the make of Lao Tsu, leaving the capital in disgust to live his remaining years as a hermit, was stopped by the guards and asked to write a few words about his life philosophy. Among them he wrote;

"Those who know do not talk.
Those who talk do not know."
quade -

Centuries ago an old chinese teacher by the make of Lao Tsu, leaving the capital in disgust to live his remaining years as a hermit, was stopped by the guards and asked to write a few words about his life philosophy. Among them he wrote;

"Those who know do not talk.
Those who talk do not know."

I'm curious to know how Lao Tsu was able to be an effective teacher by not talking. :D
I agree that KidWicked's comments are completely irrelevant to this thread but I also remain amused by anyone who quotes some obscure figure from history as though this single person's statement is somehow a universally accepted truth or standard for a given topic.

I'm curious to know how Lao Tsu was able to be an effective teacher by not talking. :D

By writing.

I agree that KidWicked's comments are completely irrelevant to this thread but I also remain amused by anyone who quotes some obscure figure from history as though this single person's statement is somehow a universally accepted truth or standard for a given topic.

Obscure? Maybe in western culture. I'm fairly certain his words are not "obscure" by any means to the half billion or so Taoists in the world and perhaps as many as a billion or so other people that may not adhere, but are aware of him.

In any case . . . less of a message for you than say, Kidwicked.
quade -

You are simply not worthy of an answer.

That is the simple fact of it all.

Well I'll put my InfoSec credentials up against yours, how about that?

I'll start. I have the CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, CISA, CISM, and CBCP.

Much more where that came from... how about you?

Big fucking deal, who cares. Do any of those letters cures cancer? No?
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P