muff528

The answer, my friend is .......WTF!

Just kickin' back this morning doing some paperwork and listening to some good music and it dawned on me ....Why are there not any good folk songs for conservatives? What up w'dat? No one has ever thought to document the dog-eat-dog plight of conservs in acoustic music? My favorite music has always been traditional and folk music and I always find myself singing along with artists who write about "social injustices" and sticking it to (insert the conservative boogyman du jour here). Would it have been too much to ask for Woody to have written just one conservative folk song? This land is our land, too!:S

Just kickin' back this morning doing some paperwork and listening to some good music and it dawned on me ....Why are there not any good folk songs for conservatives? What up w'dat? No one has ever thought to document the dog-eat-dog plight of conservs in acoustic music? My favorite music has always been traditional and folk music and I always find myself singing along with artists who write about "social injustices" and sticking it to (insert the conservative boogyman du jour here). Would it have been too much to ask for Woody to have written just one conservative folk song? This land is our land, too!:S

For the same reason that there is no Christian blues.

When you know what is right, you have no need to whine about it.;)
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

There's most definitely Christian blues. There's even a whole website for it.

And I thought that country music was often of a more conservative bent -- think of Toby Keith and his railing against the Dixie Chicks.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And I thought that country music was often of a more conservative bent -- think of Toby Keith and his railing against the Dixie Chicks.

Wendy P.

C&W is a whole 'nuther section at the record store.:)

Wendy P.

Well shut my mouth. I have learned something here today.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Wendy P.

Shouldn't that be "are two other sections"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Wendy P.

Shouldn't that be "are two other sections"?

:)

Sheesh

It is obvious your education has been lacking... its amazing what was on the ra did io out there on the road while criss-crossing America.:)

The Right Brothers may tend to 'folk' on some songs and tend conservative. And to jump down one post..a pal of mine, Marvin King, is a superb Christian blues guitarist.

Now that was different but ...not folk! Yeah, I've heard some snippets of some excellent Christian musicians. But as far as "Gospel" goes I prefer more of a bluegrassy slant ...like Ralph Stanley, the Carters, etc. But here I'm more interested in the music and the "sound" rather than the song. ...same for folk.

I just heard on this morning's news that the over-rated, nose-whining, bleeding-heart liberal Bob Dylan performed in Vietnam the other day. Certainly a victory for communism.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Certainly a victory for communism.

No, China buying America for pennies on the dollar is a victory for communism. It seems that the communist have beaten us at our own game.
Oh, and Dylan Rocks. Seen him several times since the 70s and hope to see him again.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I just heard on this morning's news that the over-rated, nose-whining, bleeding-heart liberal Bob Dylan performed in Vietnam the other day. Certainly a victory for communism.

mh

Dissin' Bob Dylan is just plain Un-American.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

mh

See attached.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

mh

Well, not unless everyone at the concert had equally crappy seats. (I wonder how much a ticket cost and how many pairs of Nike Air shoes had to be stitched up to pay for them.)

Certainly a victory for communism.

No, China buying America for pennies on the dollar is a victory for communism. It seems that the communist have beaten us at our own game.
Oh, and Dylan Rocks. Seen him several times since the 70s and hope to see him again.

+1

mh

Dissin' Bob Dylan is just plain Un-American.

+1

Okay, maybe not Folk, but this is close enough.