Another Fine Example of the "Religion of Peace"

This is what you apologists and moral-equivalence types want to bring to our shores.

To those who accuse me of bashing the "Religion of Peace" (tm) - please note that I am bashing nothing here, just showing the truth about what it's really like in some parts of the world.

Don't need to bash it - it bashes itself quite easily and readily.

Please don't tell me this is an isolated incident. "Honor" killings are taking place in the USA as well.

If PC pablum and "tolerance at all costs" are allowed to run their course, this is what will happen to your sister, or daughter, or other female who dares oppose brutality.

GO ON AND SHOW ME SOMETHING IN CHRISTIANITY THAT SANCTIONS THIS - I DARE YOU

mh

edit for grammar
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Yet another of your "I'm not a bigot but..." threads.

...and yet another one of your thinly veiled personal attacks.

Kindly show me how what I have posted is somehow bigoted.

I'm waiting.

mh

I'm waiting.

mh

Why don't you search to see how many threads you have started in the past 12 months that are clearly anti-Islamic.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm waiting.

mh

Why don't you search to see how many threads you have started in the past 12 months that are clearly anti-Islamic.

Why don't you try sticking to the subject and pointing out how this one is. Go ahead - I'm waiting.

mh

I'm waiting.

mh

Why don't you try sticking to the subject and pointing out how this one is. Go ahead - I'm waiting.

mh

Did you ever hear of "pattern analysis"? Your posting pattern is there for all to see.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's amazing that instead of attacking the men that cut off a woman's ears and nose, some readers here think it's more appropriate to attack the person who posted the news story about mutilation.

Well, here you go - you might as well attack me as an ogre too:
Death toll rises to 33 in Iraq's suicide attack on Shiite pilgrims

"TIKRIT, Iraq, Feb. 13 (Xinhua) -- The death toll from Saturday' s suicide bomb attack against Shiite pilgrims outside the Iraqi city of Samarra in Salahudin province, rose to 33, a provincial police source said..."

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-02/13/c_13730371.htm
Damn that John Rich!

It's amazing that instead of attacking the men that cut off a woman's ears and nose, some readers here think it's more appropriate to attack the person who posted the news story about mutilation.

Well, here you go - you might as well attack me as an ogre too:

Death toll rises to 33 in Iraq's suicide attack on Shiite pilgrims

"TIKRIT, Iraq, Feb. 13 (Xinhua) -- The death toll from Saturday' s suicide bomb attack against Shiite pilgrims outside the Iraqi city of Samarra in Salahudin province, rose to 33, a provincial police source said..."

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-02/13/c_13730371.htm
Damn that John Rich!

Kallend apparently cannot defend the indefensible or come up with a suitable refutation to my argument, and thus makes a personal attack instead. Too easy. Nothing new here.

mh

This is what you apologists and moral-equivalence types want to bring to our shores.

To those who accuse me of bashing the "Religion of Peace" (tm) - please note that I am bashing nothing here, just showing the truth about what it's really like in some parts of the world.

Please don't tell me this is an isolated incident. "Honor" killings are taking place in the USA as well.

If PC pablum and "tolerance at all costs" are allowed to run their course, this is what will happen to your sister, or daughter, or other female who dares oppose brutality.

mh

edit for grammar

Their culture is morally bankrupt. Not just individuals, but their leadership.

I see nothing wrong with extreme intolerance for such a culture. It is not based upon their race, or their ethnicity.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Honour killings are cultural not religious, carried out by people of various religions not just muslims.:S:S:S

Now, lets talk about sausages, personally beef sausages in wholemeal toast are at the top of my list although I also like spicy Moroccan lamb sausages Yum Yum!

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Murdering innocent people by invading their country ... Whoops sorry ' Collateral Damage' .... Is Honourable? I never knew[:/]

Are you a pacifist? Have there been any just wars?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Nope
and
yes

When people attack me or mine the resulting war would be just (mostly)

WW2 was just ...
The Falklands was just

The invasion of Iraq was not, in my opinion.

Also note both Honourable and dis-honourable acts can be done by either side in both just and unjust conflicts.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Nope
and
yes

WW2 was just ...
The Falklands was just

Also note both Honourable and dis-honourable acts can be done by either side in both just and unjust conflicts.

How about the first Gulf War, when Iraq invaded Kuwait, and Bush (41) got a huge coalition of many countries together through the UN to wage war against Iraq?

Nope
and
yes

WW2 was just ...
The Falklands was just

How about the first Gulf War, when Iraq invaded Kuwait, and Bush (41) got a huge coalition of many countries together through the UN to wage war against Iraq?

Bush 41 apparently knew better than his son that to go any further would only lead to what Iraq is today-a hotbed for terrorist training, countless number of dead/wounded innocent men, women, children, and a huge number of dead/wounded Americans.
Yup, that nation building thing really worked out great:S
All the while Bin Laden is laughing, laughing, and laughing>:(
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Wrong...totally and absolutely wrong, IMO. You gotta be nuts to think that anyone would want to bring that here. Going to extremes here, aren't you?

Well, two things...
1. To me and my sensibilities this is reprehensible and I would not like to see this happening anywhere much less here.

2. OTOH, it is THEIR custom. Not mine.

Got any examples, right off hand?
So, if you do, were any of them tolerated? Were any of them condoned?

How are you going to stop anyone from doing anything before they do it?

Again, going to the extreme as a scare tactic rarely works.

I do agree with the mindless, idiotic PC-at-all-costs bash. They are, to me, well....mindless idiots.

Geez...no need to yell.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Nope
and
yes

WW2 was just ...
The Falklands was just

The 1st Iraq war was debatabley justified BUT certainly had the wrong players - we should have kept out noses out of the trough. .... We weren't attacked but OUR oil was:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I'm waiting.

mh

mh

He cant stick to a point

That takes character
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for insulting our intelligence.
Time for a new act, dude.

Another example of one who is lacking
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Nope
and
yes

WW2 was just ...
The Falklands was just

The 1st Iraq war was debatabley justified BUT certainly had the wrong players - we should have kept out noses out of the trough. .... We weren't attacked but OUR oil was:S

Iraq wouldn't have been kicked out of Kuwait if not for the US leading the coalition.

After Hussein agreed to the terms of the cease fire that allowed him to stay in power, he never stopped violating them. So should we have just told him that was OK, the terms of the agreement didn't actually mean anything, or enforce them? I assert the violations alone were enough to justify the war in Iraq.

All you seem to be doing is fear mongering. So many of you people that constantly bash Islam come here and post links showing a terrible deed a Muslim has done, then when called out about being a bigot, you claim you're just showing what's wrong in areas of the world. You realize there's other places too where just as horrible things are occurring? Yet these things never seem to get talked about, why? Because it serves no purpose to the ever-popular anti-Islamic mindset.

You realize there's equally as horrid actions in some African cultures? (dismemberment of children for muti) and Indian cultures... And many others... Why is it constantly one culture's negative aspects that you focus on? Seems like an agenda to me.

As someone said, this isn't religion it's cultural. And cultures all mature and evolve at different speeds and at different times. Western Christian culture only recently (a few generations ago) evolved past their barbaric actions.

I think once you sit down with some Muslims and discuss their thoughts on these things you will find that the vast majority that you speak to share your sentiments in this regard.

The shores which I can only assume your ancestors invaded and almost wiped out a whole population of people for, right? What lovely moral people they brought to the shores of a foreign land.