Another Fine Example of the "Religion of Peace"

Take the OP here, this idiot doesn't know the first thing about Islam, yet he hates it. How can this be? Because what you read about or hear about on the news, thats what you base your opinion on? There are extremests in every relegion, get over it.

I've given some thought about how to respond to this.

"this idiot doesn't know the first thing about Islam, yet he hates it."

I think that living in muslim countries for the past five years qualifies me to have a well-informed opinion on the subject.

How can this be? Because what you read about or hear about on the news, thats what you base your opinion on?

Firsthand observation is a more common experience over here.

There are extremests in every relegion, get over it.

No disagreement there. However, I would characterize islam as a cult, rather than a religion, for no other reason than its advocacy of death and destruction for all who dare oppose it (And for those of you just joining us, yes, there are similar exhortations in the Old Testament - however, they were about making war on the other tribes/governments that opposed the political goals of the Jews, NOT about brutalizing anyone who would not "submit", by making war on the entire world. Sure, there were some who twisted the OT's words, but the unholy koran doesn't need twisting - it's a handy how-to for barbarity, no interpretation required). Read it, then DYOC.

mh

ps - Your spelling and grammar are poor.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Did you register for Quade's "Screwed up Analogy" course on-line or do you attend the classes?

Just because you approve doesn't prevent it from being mutilation.

Yes, cutting off your rumple foreskin is mutilation just like cutting off the excess skin from dieting...not necessarily a religious thing.

Even Paul describes circumcision as "The Mutilation" and explains exactly why it is not necessary and in fact very dangerous from a religious prespective.

If you actually bothered to study the scriptures with any level of comprehension/retention you might have known that and not have to attempt to pass off your biblical ignorance as some form of scholastic transendence.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I do not believe that any literature exists where it is deemed OK to kill any people in Christianity.

Seems like this subthread spun out of control.

Certainly there is considerable scripture in the two Bibles that can be used to 'justify' a lot of violence. If we stick to modern times, the notable examples in the US include attacks on gays and on abortion doctors. At the less violent level, you have Christian sects enslaving their women.

But before the anti Christians get too smug about it, let's consider the fact that these are actions by individuals, often criminal actions that are not sanctioned by the state. In contrast, going back to the OP, her mutilation was driven by the religion government (Taliban) in Afghanistan. How far back in history do you need to go to find examples of this in Christianity? The Inquisition? Perhaps the Salem Witch trials qualifies.

But before the anti Christians get too smug about it, let's consider the fact that these are actions by individuals, often criminal actions that are not sanctioned by the state. In contrast, going back to the OP, her mutilation was driven by the religion government (Taliban) in Afghanistan. How far back in history do you need to go to find examples of this in Christianity? The Inquisition? Perhaps the Salem Witch trials qualifies.

Not at all, various christian dominated countries still allow for the honour killing defence in court as well as crimes of passion.

In other christian dominated countries it only recently changed.

Francois Duvalier was nominally Roman Catholic, but committed his atrocities more in the name of vodou.

Religion provides a vehicle for bad people to do bad things, christianity in its many forms has many examples of it.

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

To name but a few...

What's going to be your excuse this time now that your previous post failed in it's attempt?

Interesting. How many years before leviticus was written did Christ live, or the religion of christianity exist?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Did you register for Quade's "Screwed up Analogy" course on-line or do you attend the classes?

Just because you approve doesn't prevent it from being mutilation.

Depends on how YOU define mutilation, doesn't it?
I consider mine a godsend (no puns intended).
Looks nice and feels so good.
It's cosmetic surgery at its finest.
:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Not at all, various christian dominated countries still allow for the honour killing defence in court as well as crimes of passion.

In other christian dominated countries it only recently changed.

Francois Duvalier was nominally Roman Catholic, but committed his atrocities more in the name of vodou.

Religion provides a vehicle for bad people to do bad things, christianity in its many forms has many examples of it.

I'm looking for good counterexamples to what I wrote, but I don't think Haiti qualifies as anything other than hell of earth.

I think that living in muslim countries for the past five years qualifies me to have a well-informed opinion on the subject.

Your delightfully Palin-esque appeal to false authority is somehow lessened by simply clicking the "search" hyperlink, which chronicles considerably more than five years of your bigotry in this forum. It's odd how your recent observations so perfectly match the pre-conceived notions you approached them with, eh?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

This is what you apologists and moral-equivalence types want to bring to our shores.

To those who accuse me of bashing the "Religion of Peace" (tm) - please note that I am bashing nothing here, just showing the truth about what it's really like in some parts of the world.

Don't need to bash it - it bashes itself quite easily and readily.

Please don't tell me this is an isolated incident. "Honor" killings are taking place in the USA as well.

If PC pablum and "tolerance at all costs" are allowed to run their course, this is what will happen to your sister, or daughter, or other female who dares oppose brutality.

GO ON AND SHOW ME SOMETHING IN CHRISTIANITY THAT SANCTIONS THIS - I DARE YOU

mh

edit for grammar

gets me why on most threads you start, your anti islam/muslim yet you live/work in a Muslim country??
if everthing they do/say winds you up, move back to the statesB|

Wow, I thought this thread started out as pathetic drivel now its turned into pure shite.

Ya, that's usually what happens when you have a bunch of secular humanists playing theology class and propagating ignorance.

Sometimes I don't know wether to laugh or cry, but I have to admit it's entertaining to watch the oblivion of their hypocrisy.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Your delightfully Palin-esque appeal to false authority is somehow lessened by simply clicking the "search" hyperlink, which chronicles considerably more than five years of your bigotry in this forum. It's odd how your recent observations so perfectly match the pre-conceived notions you approached them with, eh?

Blues,
Dave

"Palin-esque appeal to false authority" - wtf? I said I have a well-informed opinion. I don't think there is a substitute for firsthand observation. At least I have it and am not being fed the liberal pablum that passes for news in the States anymore.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Got to love the way Christian's always try to find ways to make their religion seem better than it is. They should consider becoming politicians- oh wait...

Turtle: You asked for any Christian literature, you were provided with it. Now when you get it, it must be Christian literature that is deemed by some to be void because of when it was written?

It's simple, Christians like to mould their religion to what they want it to appear as to make it seem less grotesque and absurd than it is.

It's humorous because this whole ignoring the old testament things is really quite a new phenomena, but somehow people think that they know the religion better now that time has gone by.

Mohammed killed lots of people. Many died by his own hand and at his command. It says so right there in the unholy koran.

Maybe you're just not seeing the context right, or wait... Maybe it's symbolism for something else!

Or are only Christians allowed to turn every negative aspect of their religion into a metaphor? Or just mark the whole lot as irrelavent because of how it makes their religion look...

I repeat: please show me where in Christianity that human mutilation (cutting off hands/feet, stonings, multilation as shown in the original topic to this thread) are taking place anywhere in the world.

Do you selective read? And is it not getting into your head yet?

Islam isn't the cause for the honor killings, it's culture. You're just so set on wanting to tear into a religion you're refusing to believe it, despite the evidence. (I guess that kind of thinking is just standard for Christians though). But religion has always been a scapegoat for one's actions, in the US they seem to like to blame Satan for school shootings, or crazies claim that God made them do it. Islam is just the religion in that part of the world that can be blamed for the actions to make them seem less harsh.

You so coincidentally happened to skip the text another user posted.

"in Brazil, until 1991 wife killings were considered to be non-criminal 'honor killings'; in just one year, nearly eight hundred husbands killed their wives. "

You're just so set on wanting to tear into a religion

Yeah, you should know...right?

we know better than to believe in the religious crap that is pushed down our throats by brain dead 'believers'...

back to you to justify your peculiar form of madness..
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

we know better than to believe in the religious crap that is pushed down our throats

That actually sounds a lil' delusional...but at least you'll be prepared to deal with Sharia.

why not just believe me?

oh one living in the land of delusion...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

I'll have a go at any religion, but I don't go out of my way to start several threads in a short period of time with their basis attacking a religion and calling them psychos.

If the debate is on the table, or if someone is stating things I disagree with I'll chime in.

But perhaps I should begin posting news posts for every molestation a priest does and then continue to call that whole entire faith sick, twisted and disgusting based off that.

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

To name but a few...

What's going to be your excuse this time now that your previous post failed in it's attempt?

There are only a few passages in the bible that make ANY sense to me...

"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

"Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period." (Leviticus 18:19)

[we know better than to believe in the religious atheist crap that is pushed down our throats by brain dead 'believers non-believers...

back to you to justify your peculiar form of madness..

Doesn't sound so good anymore, does it?

You seem to be awfully set on pushing atheism down our collective throats. Why is that?

Why would anyone feel the need to justify anything to you. Are you setting yourself up to be an almighty judge or something?

You're coming across as a whining kid yelling, "Look at me! Look at me! I'm right. I'm right! And you're a bozo!"
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239