tkhayes

Wikileaks nomination for Nobel....

As I stated in another post, back in the day, sport parachutists used to be super patriots

Back in which day? I've been jumping since 1975, and, being a liberal, you probably don't consider me to be a patriot. I don't think Assange should be jailed, and I also don't think he should get the Peace prize.

Just because you hang out with people like you doesn't mean that everyone else is like that too.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

As I stated in another post, back in the day, sport parachutists used to be super patriots

Back in which day? I've been jumping since 1975, and, being a liberal, you probably don't consider me to be a patriot. I don't think Assange should be jailed, and I also don't think he should get the Peace prize.

Just because you hang out with people like you doesn't mean that everyone else is like that too.

Wendy P.

That would be 1963-70.

And yes, sadly I understand.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

So if the evidence for two rapes exists in support of prosecution, he should walk?
[:/]

That evidence is probably the only thing Assange did not release to the public.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

he not charged with rape, he is wanted for questioning for 'sexual misconduct' whatever the fuck that is. Rape is a nice powerful word that the right likes to use to discredit him.

Even the Swedish news reports things like consensual sex and broken condoms as the basis for the case.....really?

If this was someone higher up in the USA, like a Congressman, it would barely make the headlines.

stinks of political pressure to try and extradite him to the USA. Bully for them for trying all their tactics, but I believe that the UK and Sweden also have human rights, similar to the USA. I doubt any of this shit will stick to him.

Dismissing another country's laws and investigations is foolish. There is an active warrant for his arrest, apparently serious and factual enough that the British government arrested him and placed a rather high bond for his release.
He is wanted for questioning in a criminal matter, I think the Swiss and European laws will sort that out.
There is no way he can nor will be extradited to the US given the European laws regarding that, the Swiss have even said so. Even the British prosecutors are dismissing his defense arguments already. He needs to sort things out with the Swiss I think.

Having sex with a sleeping woman against her approval IS illegal (immoral as well, but that's another matter). This investigation was under way prior to the leaks that pissed off the world as well.

His whole attitude with regards to Australia 'needing to find a way to get me home' is lunacy. NOW he wants to go back when it's convenient to???

whether or not there is an arrest warrant, to me, is almost moot. The amount of attention being paid to it demonstrates clearly that there is 'higher influence'

I expect that anyone else in Sweden who was accused of the exact same crimes would NOT have Interpol issue Red Alerts, would NOT have been held in solitary confinement in the UK, etc

Hell even here in Pasco County, FL, I bet someone accused of 'rape' would get a hearing and make bail in a few hours or a day at the most.

The reality is that people in powerful positions want Assange and he is NOT receiving 'fair' treatment when compared to any other alleged offender in similar circumstances.

And his Australian government actually has a right, even an obligation to assist him, he is their citizen afterall.

The US is intervening in regards to American 'hikers' crossing into Iran illegally. If your arguement holds true, then the US should simply leave them to the means and ways of the laws of Iran - that ain't gonna happen to any American, that's fer sure.

Whether or not his charges are even true is moot to what he does with information.

Bush approved and ordered the torture of human beings against all 'rules of war'. He admits it and justifies it, and no on is going after him. I do not see Interpol issuing warrants for his extradition. Yet the crimes were aided by many European countries who allowed the renditions to happen on their soil with their full knowledge. Except for Italy who prosecuted several CIA agents in their absence.

rape? C'mon....... powerful influences trying to fuck that guy any way they can? Now that is believable.

I do support the second amendment, but i also recognize that the country has a GUN PROBLEM

And your solution is to trash the Amendment you do not like to put into place a solution that has been proven not to work.

Funny thing is you take the EXACT opposite position on every other Amendment.
So you clearly have a double standard. You are willing to fight for only the Amendments you approve of.....

Hey, I support the right of Assange to publish. I also think that if what he was done was illegal, that he has to face that honestly. Just because you have a right, does not mean you can do whatever you want in its name..... Just like if some moron wants to shoot someone its not legal.

but I have a problem with people that spout off rhetoric and call for the assassination of the President just because he is black.....
is there something wrong with that?

Nope but in that case you are against the ACTIONS, not the OBJECT. When it comes to guns you want to regulate the OBJECT. That would be like banning the internet to prevent some moron for calling for the assassination.

Ban/regulate the actions, not the objects. Especially when those actions trample on innocent citizens rights. Not a difficult concept really.

It is actually OK to point out things that are wrong with the Constitution as well BTW. It is far from the perfect doctrine - given that it has been amended so many times....

And have you noticed that the majority of Amendments have been to GRANT, not STRIP rights?

Probably time for a few updates

I find this very funny.

You claim that those that make statements against Obama "Not a tea party thing at all, but words spoken by a few people I met a couple years ago around here. They have a right to say it, but I have a problem with it and it is also basically wrong.

BUT they have the right to say it...."

Have the right to say those things.... But an honest citizen does not have 2nd Amendment rights....

Again, you show 100% support of the 1st EVEN WHEN YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH IT. But you are quick to step on the 2nd whenever you please. Hypocrisy score is off the chart.

But they most of all allowed free speech. And I am pretty sure they wanted the government to be held accountable to the people and not some secret shit behind closed doors.

And what did they put into place to assure that the Govt didn't run amok? ALL methods, not just the 1st few.

Back to Julian Assange.......bravo! Even if he is not an 'American'

Yes, you support the right for people to put a warrant out for Bush.... Do you supports others the right to put a warrant out for Assange?

your argument holds no water - I am actually allowed to disagree with portions of anything and accept other portions of it, especially when it comes to law. Or the Constitution.

I have no idea what your point it, but sadly, you have the 'right' to try and make that point.....

It is my understanding that INTERPOL is for exactly a case like this in that the European countries help each other in detaining wanted persons for return to the country in which the crime was committed and Britain is an INTERPOL member country Assange is wanted by Swedish prosecutors on suspicion of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion..
It sounds like to me that you would prefer that Assange receive preferential treatment!
He got his hearing and made bail. Now it's time to answer to the charges and whether they merit his extradition. Sounds normal to me.

I understand a nation backing it's citizens, but if history is an example, those that trample on or discard their citizenship until it is 'convenient' don't go to the front of the line for assistance. Didn't Assange renounce his citizenship last year when he went to Iceland? He has also claimed 'his' government is working with the US, they have labeled him as a terrorist and suggested he be prosecuted...and yet NOW he wants to go home? SIUCC.

Nobody ever provided a link to explain the 'crimes' described in the classified documents. Was this a red herring? Thanks.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I can't understand why any good American wouldn't support him, he exposes crimes of murder and mayhem committed and covered up by the US Government.

Should we overlook these crimes? No! and the people responsible for them should be criminally prosecuted.

Here's the quote that I am citing. I can't find anything that shows crimes of murder and mayhem covered up.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

It is my understanding that INTERPOL is for exactly a case like this in that the European countries help each other in detaining wanted persons for return to the country in which the crime was committed and Britain is an INTERPOL member country Assange is wanted by Swedish prosecutors on suspicion of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion..

interpol is only an administrative liaison between the law-enforcement agencies of the member countries, providing communications and database assistance. they do not make arrests or detain anyone they just facilitate cooperation.

Dismissing another country's laws and investigations is foolish. There is an active warrant for his arrest, apparently serious and factual enough that the British government arrested him and placed a rather high bond for his release.
He is wanted for questioning in a criminal matter, I think the Swiss and European laws will sort that out.
There is no way he can nor will be extradited to the US given the European laws regarding that, the Swiss have even said so. Even the British prosecutors are dismissing his defense arguments already. He needs to sort things out with the Swiss I think.

Having sex with a sleeping woman against her approval IS illegal (immoral as well, but that's another matter). This investigation was under way prior to the leaks that pissed off the world as well.

And not coincidentally, the investigation was not going anywhere at that time, the prosecutor's take was there was no crime going on. And suddenly, he's a wanted fugitive! also interesting is a tie of one of them women to the CIA.

The case is weak at best, and the use of the press to discredit him rather blatant.

So if the evidence for two rapes exists in support of prosecution, he should walk?
[:/]

Why would you even ask such a question?

On the other hand,
Can you show that he is currently charged with two "rapes".
No, you can't.

You use of the word "rape" is sensationalism at its best.
It's understandable given that the detractors use it to put emotion into the equation.

National Inquirer needs you.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The case is weak at best

You've been privy to all the evidence the prosecution has uncovered?

are you privy to any at all?

Only to what the rest of us know.
Calling the case "weak at best" without knowing all the facts is no different than somebody posting "he is guilty beyond doubt".
Let the courts decide whether the case is weak. You're best bet is to stick to jumping out of airplanes.
HAMMER:

you can limit yourself if you like, if you don't trust your own judgment.

And those hikers being held in Iran for espionage? You're right, it's too difficult to call, we better wait for the Iranian hangman, err, I mean court to rule.

It's not that I don' trust my own judgement, it is just that I, and you, do not know what the prosecution knows. Or what Assange knows.
The hikers? Probably just hikers like they claim. But the CIA has never been above placing agents in roles as ordinary tourists.
But you're the one with the crystal ball. :S
HAMMER:

"Assange is wanted by Swedish prosecutors on suspicion of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion"

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/02/sex-by-surprise-at-heart-of-assange-criminal-probe/

A few quotes from the article...

-"The strange tale of Assange's brief flings with two Swedish women during a three-day period in mid-August -- and decisions by three different prosecutors to first dismiss rape allegations made by the women and then re-open the case --"

-"Whatever 'sex by surprise' is, it's only a offense in Sweden -- not in the U.K. or the U.S. or even Ibiza,"

-"Assange's London attorney, Mark Stephens, told AOL News today that Swedish prosecutors told him that Assange is wanted not for allegations of rape, as previously reported, but for something called "sex by surprise," which he said involves a fine of 5,000 kronor or about $715."

-"Based on what was said to police, the on-call prosecutor, Marie Kjellstrand, decided to issue an arrest warrant on charges of rape and molestation, and the next day the story hit the Swedish paper Expressen and newspapers all over the world.

Kjellstrand's decision was overruled the following day by a higher-level prosecutor, Eva Finne, who withdrew the arrest warrant and said she did not see any evidence for rape allegations.

Then, on Sept. 1, a third prosecutor, Ny, re-opened the rape investigation, implying that she had new information in the case.

-On Nov. 18, Swedish judicial officials approved a prosecutorial request that Assange be detained for questioning for alleged sex crimes, and on Nov. 30 Interpol issued a "red notice" against Assange for alleged sex crimes in Sweden. Despite what has happened, the woman who organized the event and had Assange stay at her apartment told Aftonbladet that she never intended that Assange be charged with rape."
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239