dreamdancer

The Class War Launched by America's Wealthiest Is Getting More Savage

If an employee is educated to the point he is a real threat to his employer, they are required to sign a contract agreeing not to compete with that employer while employed and for a period of time after separation, usually at least two years.

and usually is illegal and unenforcible.

If an employee is educated to the point he is a real threat to his employer, they are required to sign a contract agreeing not to compete with that employer while employed and for a period of time after separation, usually at least two years.

You only need to concern yourself with those points if you are not one to keep your word.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

You only need to concern yourself with those points if you are not one to keep your word.

NCAs are a bit one sided - why must you neuter yourself because one of you (read: the company) ended the employment agreement?

NDAs, otoh, are perfectly reasonable agreements between the two parties.

NCAs are a bit one sided - why must you neuter yourself because one of you (read: the company) ended the employment agreement?

NDAs, otoh, are perfectly reasonable agreements between the two parties.

Most no compete clauses are null if the employee is released by the company. They are usually only in effect if the employee is the one to initiate separation.
Non disclosure agreements are generally permanent and binding regardless of who initiates separation.
HAMMER:

I only read the first half page of this thread-

But can anyone explain why it is bad that people who create businesses, jobs, and fill a demand are evil for cashing in on and idea if there are enough people willing to work for the set wages of the company and pay the price of the product or service offered. this is terrible because why?
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Note to self: "Don't tell dreamdancer about the Principality of Monaco". We wouldn't want dreamdance blowing a gasket if they ever found out how much wealth resides there. B|

Let alone Saudi, or Iraq, or the UAE . . . OMG would that be an issue then.:S
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Um, no... you're confusing opportunity with outcome...

um, no i'm not. as i've already said if the rich have earnt their wealth i'm more than happy with that :)

They did - then they passed it on their heirs.

so you agree that they didn't earn it?
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

>actually, they don't. who wants an educated housekeeper, driver, gardener,
>shop staff etc... competent yes, but not educated - that would be a waste of their
>money and a threat to their authority.

No, they want brilliant engineers, expert assemblers, clever accountants, well-spoken spokespeople and well-read business analysts.

yep, they want all these people to be competent - not educated, that's a threat to their class...

As to their housekeeper? I bet they want an excellent housekeeper, and would pay just as much for an excellent housekeeper with a high school diploma as one with a master's from MIT. Which one do you think would want the job?

which one would the rich prefer to employ? - that's right the one with the lesser education...

Note to self: "Don't tell dreamdancer about the Principality of Monaco". We wouldn't want dreamdance blowing a gasket if they ever found out how much wealth resides there. B|

as i've said this is a worldwide trend - just at its most extreme in the us...

have you read 'the time machine'?

>actually, they don't. who wants an educated housekeeper, driver, gardener,
>shop staff etc... competent yes, but not educated - that would be a waste of their
>money and a threat to their authority.

No, they want brilliant engineers, expert assemblers, clever accountants, well-spoken spokespeople and well-read business analysts.

yep, they want all these people to be competent - not educated, that's a threat to their class...

And just how do you think those people become competent? :S By whining about how the wealthy prey upon the poor?
HAMMER:

As far as bein the 1% . . . I am on my way,

thanks for the laugh...

I noticed that you still won't address the questions I have asked you regarding taxes and welfare . . .
Is there a reason for that?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>yep, they want all these people to be competent - not educated . . .

Uneducated engineers, accountants and business analysts are not competent.

>that's a threat to their class...

The uneducated are the bigger threat. Uneducated employees equal loss of money equals loss of class.

>which one would the rich prefer to employ? - that's right the one with
>the lesser education...

Either one; whichever one does their job better. Not everyone has the sort of inferiority complex you present.

The kid is dancing in a dream. Don't bother him while the music is playing.

To the dancing dream kid:
You're waaaaay off base. You've been tagged out several times. Leave the playing field while you still have your pants on.

If wasn't for the people "rich" enough to pay a wage, you wouldn't be getting one. Your only option would be to start a one-man business selling to all the others who aren't getting a wage and operating a one-man business. What a country THAT would be. Simple as that.

If I inherited my money I would be pointing MY finger at you saying:
Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nah....all the way to the bank.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

He's right and looking at the US school system should reveal it. They are basically set up to see a lot of people fail.

If you make it to the undergraduate level of education the game then isn't so muchabout keeping you stupid as it is ensuring you are innovative and productive in your work life but not at home.