jclalor

You're Predicions For Time's Man of the Year

I'm gonna go with Glen Beck, who's head will then

simultaneously explode.

you wrote "You're" on purpose just for the fun of it. :D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

AFAIK, Time's criterion is someone who's had a very significant influence - good, bad or neutral - on the year's events.

So I'd say Julian Assange would be a top nominee.

Assange hasn't had a "significant"influence on the years events. Ahmed Ackmaujenidad or however you'ld like to spell it(president of Iran) has had a much larger influence on world events this year.
That's my opinion.
Why do you think he has?

AFAIK, Time's criterion is someone who's had a very significant influence - good, bad or neutral - on the year's events.

Assange hasn't had a "significant"influence on the years events. Ahmed Ackmaujenidad or however you'ld like to spell it(president of Iran) has had a much larger influence on world events this year.
That's my opinion.
Why do you think he has?

I'd put both of them in the top 10.

That's my opinion.
Why do you think he has?

I'd put both of them in the top 10.

I just don't see that Assuange has had much influence at all.
Certainly not in the top ten.
It seems to me that Wiki leaks hasn't revealed much of any import.
Most likely that site is just a propaganda machine whose credibility with the common man is in the first stages of being established so that dis-information may be later disseminated.
Again , that's my opinion.

I am curious as to why you believe that Julian Assuage has had such influence as to even rank him in the top ten this year .

Blue Skies,
DJ

Assange's influence isn't because of the specific information that was shared via wikileaks. It was more about demonstrating the power of a fairly anonymous and interconnected internet to embarrass superpowers.

Kind of like how Daniel Ellsberg isn't as much remembered for what was in the Pentagon Papers, but that he publicized them in the first place.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Assange's influence isn't because of the specific information that was shared via wikileaks. It was more about demonstrating the power of a fairly anonymous and interconnected internet to embarrass superpowers.

Kind of like how Daniel Ellsberg isn't as much remembered for what was in the Pentagon Papers, but that he publicized them in the first place.

Wendy P.

I wonder , Wendy, if Assange was actually a threat to US security ,why hasen't he been secretly arrested and thrown into one of the secret prisons the CIA operates around the globe.

If they wanted to assasinate his charachter why did they accuse him of heterosexual sex instead of homo or pedophilia?

I believe Assange/wiki is a propaganda tool. Nothing of great import has been leaked.
His credibility as a leaker is being established .
Soon wiki can be used to disseminate *misinformation*.

Unlimited Ceilings,
DJ

I'm gonna go with Glen Beck, who's head will then

simultaneously explode.

you wrote "You're" on purpose just for the fun of it. :D

Also wrote "who's" for the same reason! :P

reminds me of Lucky's flailing on his Onion embarrassment. I don't see the advantage in reminding everyone that you can't use your/you're correctly. It's funnier to do this deliberately to make fun of those who have been caught.