jgoose71

TSA and flight safety: Bush V. Obama

With all of the hype about the TSA, who do you think it was ran better under?

Under Bush and his various heads of homeland security, he tried to come up with a "no fly" list, wire taps, and other things to get to know who was getting on the plane, and hopefully stop them.

Under Obama and Janet Napalatano, you have body scanners and body cavity searches (or at least they will be coming soon:D). He has slowly started dismantling the CIA, and taken apart many of Bush's security measures.

So, who had it right?

Question for the left: Why were the wire taps illegal, but someone sexually assaulting you OK?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

The TSA has been a joke since it's inception, just like DHS in general. Neither admin has done much of anything useful with TSA or travel security. Have you not heard of "security theater?"

Awe, did I go and ruin your attempted left vs right circle jerk?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

With all of the hype about the TSA, who do you think it was ran better under?

Under Bush and his various heads of homeland security, he tried to come up with a "no fly" list, wire taps, and other things to get to know who was getting on the plane, and hopefully stop them.

Under Obama and Janet Napalatano, you have body scanners and body cavity searches (or at least they will be coming soon:D). He has slowly started dismantling the CIA, and taken apart many of Bush's security measures.

So, who had it right?

Question for the left: Why were the wire taps illegal, but someone sexually assaulting you OK?

considering it was under bush that the muslim attacks happened i would say it washis fault for:

A: letting them happening
B: Signing the stupid act into law in the first place
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

considering it was under bush that the muslim attacks happened i would say it washis fault for:

(A) I'm going to ignore you calling 9-11 "Muslim attacks."

(B) Seven months and a couple days and Bush should have prevented 100% of attacks and held sole responsibility. Did you use similar requirements on Clinton and Obama before calling them competant?

(C) This thread was about TSA, which last I checked didn't exist prior to 9-11, and the Patriot Act was passed out of both houses and use by both Bush and Obama. Care to stay remotely on topic?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

(B) Seven months and a couple days and Bush should have prevented 100% of attacks and held sole responsibility. Did you use similar requirements on Clinton and Obama before calling them competant?

(C) This thread was about TSA, which last I checked didn't exist prior to 9-11, and the Patriot Act was passed out of both houses and use by both Bush and Obama. Care to stay remotely on topic?

First off, Clinton ignored the attacks on the U.S. Terrorists have been at war with the U.S. for a while. Or have you forgot the USS Cole, the bombing of U.S. personnel in Bahrain, WTC attack number one, and a few others I know I am missing right now?

Bush, after 9/11 had a lot fewer attacks on U.S. soil in 8 years than Obama has had in 2. That is including 9/11. Why do you think that is?

I partly believe it's because of the CIA feeding info to HLS. What have all of our "Home Grown Terrorists" have in common? Why you are correct if you said they were in contact with a radical Imam over seas. Do you think we may have been able to identify them earlier if some of Bush's plans were still in effect? I would have to say yes.

The only way your phone would have been wire tapped under Bush is if you called Pakistan and mentioned a key word like "bomb" for example. Your line would have flagged. To me this is a lot less intrusive than what is going on today, and a lot more effective.

Whats going on under the current administration is the equivalent of placing an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff rather than a fence at the top. We should be identifying these guys before they get to the airport.

When the next guy to try to bomb a plane has a bunch of explosives shoved up his ass, what is going to happen to our searches next? Do you really think it is appropriate to do a body cavity search on a 3 year old?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Bush, after 9/11 had a lot fewer attacks on U.S. soil in 8 years than Obama has had in 2. That is including 9/11. Why do you think that is?

You've really bought into the fear, huh? How many attacks on US soil have happened in the last two years?

- Dan G

You've really bought into the fear, huh? How many attacks on US soil have happened in the last two years?

Failed attempt during the tree lighting just this weekend ......Try again!:S

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4003652;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Failed attempt during the tree lighting just this weekend ......Try again!:S

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4003652;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

So you are giving praise for the Obama administration for foiling this attempt?
Remster

(A.) thats ok i'll let you be ignorant and ignore the fact

(B.) wasn't long enough apparently

(C.) TSA was found because of the attacks, I AM on topic. think about what you read before you comment and are quick to judge
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

>Bush, after 9/11 had a lot fewer attacks on U.S. soil in 8 years . . .

Yes, if you ignore 9/11, Bush did much better. Most people think it was significant, though.

>Whats going on under the current administration is the equivalent of
>placing an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff rather than a fence at the
>top. We should be identifying these guys before they get to the airport.

Uh, dude, the TSA came as part of DHS - and that was Bush's doing.

>Bush, after 9/11 had a lot fewer attacks on U.S. soil in 8 years . . .

Yes, if you ignore 9/11, Bush did much better. Most people think it was significant, though.

>Whats going on under the current administration is the equivalent of
>placing an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff rather than a fence at the
>top. We should be identifying these guys before they get to the airport.

Uh, dude, the TSA came as part of DHS - and that was Bush's doing.

Yes, and getting rid of the wire taps, threatening to prosecute CIA agents for doing there job, and implementing the pat downs and body scanners are Obama's doing.

To me these are all things to stop being proactive on the war on terrorism and going to a reactive stance. Instead of actively searching out these guys, we'll just wait for the next guy to try to commit a terrorist act.

>To me these are all things to stop being proactive on the war on
>terrorism and going to a reactive stance.

Right. And again, all that makes sense - if you ignore 9/11.

>Instead of actively searching out these guys, we'll just wait for the next
>guy to try to commit a terrorist act.

You mean like the Portland attempted bombing, or the Times Square attempted bombing? Yep, thousands of people dead from those. Too bad we didn't stop them.

>To me these are all things to stop being proactive on the war on
>terrorism and going to a reactive stance.

Right. And again, all that makes sense - if you ignore 9/11.

>Instead of actively searching out these guys, we'll just wait for the next
>guy to try to commit a terrorist act.

You mean like the Portland attempted bombing, or the Times Square attempted bombing? Yep, thousands of people dead from those. Too bad we didn't stop them.

Well, in all fairness, neither the "underwear bomber" nor the Times Square bomber was actually "stopped".

Both of them were "fizzles". The devices were smuggled into place and activated. If either of them had been constructed properly there would have been a hell of a mess.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo