jgoose71

Will California Liberals be to stoned to vote Nov 2nd?

Never mind the talk about republican enthusiasm or the liberal get out the vote efforts. In California prop 19 is on the ballot. Do you think the people who would vote for this will be able to ignore the munchies long enough to make it to the poles?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Never mind the talk about republican enthusiasm or the liberal get out the vote efforts. In California prop 19 is on the ballot. Do you think the people who would vote for this will be able to ignore the munchies long enough to make it to the poles?

Are you too stoned to spell?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Are you too stoned to spell?

Ahhh, the spelling Nazis are out in force tonight. No, I didn't spell check, yes, I threw the post up between teenage trick-or-treaters. Sue me. You get the main idea of the post.

The prop 19 thing came to me after listening to the stoner laughs of people who might be a little old to be going door to door.:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

libs hate to be called liberals , let alone librals !

The problem with guys like you is calling EVERYONE that does not goose step to your personal marching band a liberal.

There is just no room in your BIG WHITE CIRCUS TENT for moderates or independents.[:/]

the great race unifier who tells latinos to punish their enemies , and tells black dems (meeks) and republicans to get to ther back of the bus , has decreed you are not alowed to say white !

Yeah.. you hear that kind of arguement on the Uptown Klan website all the time... go figure.

You can usually bet that if it gets posted on there .. one of the local "conservatives" here in SC will post it here within 24 hours....

Changed it, now puff, puff, give professor.....B|

Actually it looks like the Red State HEARTLAND is far more stoned.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-meth-numbers-020410,0,897774.story

That was Meth. We are talking Marijuana. I think California, Oregon, and Washington state hold the most stoners. They do have medical marijuana. He is the break down:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-04-20/americas-40-highest-cities/

Although, Alaska was the only state in recent history to have pot actually legal. 1972 to 1989.

Changed it, now puff, puff, give professor.....B|

Actually it looks like the Red State HEARTLAND is far more stoned.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-meth-numbers-020410,0,897774.story

That was Meth. We are talking Marijuana. I think California, Oregon, and Washington state hold the most stoners. They do have medical marijuana. He is the break down:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-04-20/americas-40-highest-cities/

Although, Alaska was the only state in recent history to have pot actually legal. 1972 to 1989.

I would certainly prefer my "neighbors" to be smoking pot ... than those who are meth heads.

I always love it when good conservatives like Lush Rimjob go off on people are smoking a bit of weed though.

Do you think the people who would vote for this will be able to ignore the munchies long enough to make it to the poles?

Why bother? Peary and Amundsen already did it.

...and I'd bet the spell checker won't ketch that won. (although it did catch ketch for some reason) :)

I'm hoping it will pass but I don't think it will pass.
We still have bunch of scared soccer moms from Regan era.

and I don't think middle to high income white people will vote for it, because either they already have medical card or they simply don't get into trouble with cops, so they have no problem whether it be passed or not.

most of the people who will vote for prop 19 are blacks, latinos and lower incomed whites, and they are still minority in terms of voting numbers, they don't vote or not being eligible to.
and they should unite and vote for the cause, because more hispanics and blacks go to jail and ruin their lives for smoking pot.

and good luck getting yes vote from asian people. They come from the country where you go to jail for years just for smoking pot.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Why did Alaska recriminalize pot? it was a 16-2 vote. What failed?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Hey, they elected Sarah Palin, go figure.:S

Ah. Then how did it get decriminalized in the first place? Oh wait. . . it doesn't matter. It got decriminalized. The pot usage doubled in high school and younger, grades suffered. . . (it was her time period). . .everyone got (stupider?/Smarter?) and recriminalized it.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Hey, they elected Sarah Palin, go figure.:S

Ah. Then how did it get decriminalized in the first place?

A quick Google search will immediately reflect that in 1975 the Alaska Supreme Court (not the Legislature) nullified a large chunk of the then-existing Alaska statute criminalizing possession of marijuana, on the grounds that there had not been a sufficient showing that pot was a danger to public health. Anyhow, the court's ruling had the net effect of de-criminalizing possession of marijuana for personal use.

But Alaska generally is politically and socially conservative, albeit often with a libertarian bent. By the late 1980's, the landscape was more conservative than it had been in the mid-to-late 1970s. Also, by 1990, much of the pot on the market was more potent than it had been in the 60s & 70s.

So, in 1990, a coalition of conservatives who disliked liberal laws generally and hippie pot smokers in particular, and parents who feared their teenagers having easy access to pot, got a referendum on the ballot to re-criminalize pot. The people spoke at the polls, and the referendum passed.

Then in around 2005-06, the Republican governor put on a full-court press for new legislation to re-criminalize pot. Between the majority Republicans and the minority Democrats who worried about re-election if they were painted as wanting to corrupt our youth, the new law passed.

The new law was challenged in the state courts; and last reference I can find is that the Alaska Supreme Court hear oral arguments in 2008. If anyone has any newer information about the status of that litigation, that would be helpful.

So in other words, it's OK for you to name-call (liberal, munchies, stoner, etc) in your post, but not OK for someone to point out grammatical errors in yours? What is this, be-nice-to-conservatives week?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)