airdvr

Olberman the elitist

>and the version of MSNBC?? absolutely no one here in any shape or form!
>Interesting difference, one, the opposite has at least a microphone, the
>other, well, just a picture, and wise words from Obi-knowit-all.

Couldn't parse that, sorry. Perhaps take a deep breath, calm down and try again?

olberman did not graduate from Cornell
he graduated from Cornell agriculture school -- the land-grant, non-Ivy League school keith attended.
the old macdonald farm Cornell.
to say that he graduated from Cornell is to say a yale locksmith is a Yale man .
libs love to quote wikipedia and use it as a legitimate reference .
wikipedia is EXTREMELY misleading towards liberal ends . as are liberals .

olberman did not graduate from Cornell
he graduated from Cornell agriculture school -- the land-grant, non-Ivy League school keith attended.
the old macdonald farm Cornell.
to say that he graduated from Cornell is to say a yale locksmith is a Yale man .

Really?? You might want to tell Cornell that they don't even know what is and what is not part of their University. If we go to the Cornell University home page, we see right across the top a menu with:

Admissions Academics Research Outreach Land Grant Student Life Alumni

It's right there at the top, Skippy, you can't miss it. If we click on "Land Grant", we get a page with this right at the top:

"Knowledge with a public purpose.

Cornell fulfills its Land Grant mission by providing education, outreach, and applied research touching every aspect of life in New York. Read more"

Right there in black and white, Skippy. "Cornell fulfills its land grant mission..." So apparently Cornell University thinks it has a land grant mission. But Skippy, great mind that he is, knows better.

You might want to click on the "History" tab on the left side of that page, you would find out that Cornell was founded as the State land grant institution. Not some "old macdonald farm" tack-on, but an integral part of Cornell from its beginning.

wikipedia is EXTREMELY misleading towards liberal ends . as are liberals .

And yet here you are, Skippy the great conservative thinker, posting something that is completely untrue. So, either you didn't know that what you posted is shit, in which case you go about making assertions as fact when you don't have a clue what you are talking about (a behavior characteristic of idiots), or you post things you know are untrue, so as to get in a cheap shot at "liberals", a behavior best characterized as lying. Which one is it in this case, Skippy?

I'm just sick and tired of so-called "conservatives" painting all "liberals" as liars, when often it is the "conservatives" who use outrageous distortions of fact or outright lies to make their point. A few "conservative" (or "libertarian") posters use actual intelligently constructed arguments to make their points, and those posts are interesting to read even if I sometimes disagree with the underlying philosophy. But all the posting of BS crap harvested from the conservative blogosphere without any critical thinking or the most cursory fact-checking is just stinking up this site.

Don

Didn't know they offered Degrees in Communications at farm school.:S

Beginning college at age 16, he graduated with a Bachelors of Science degree in communications arts from Cornell University at age 20

..yet you defend the existance of Cornell's Farmer Joe school.

So which is it?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

..yet you defend the existance of Cornell's Farmer Joe school.

What are you talking about? I don't have to defend it's existence. The Cornell web site provides ample evidence that it exists.

Didn't know they offered Degrees in Communications at farm school.

And you haven't spent any effort trying to remedy what you "didn't know", did you? Fortunately your ignorance is no constraint on the range of topics covered in modern colleges of agriculture. Your insulting term "Farmer Joe school" only reflects your own prejudices, which you are obviously too lazy to bother trying to correct by spending some time investigating the range of degree programs offered by such colleges. Typical conservative BS: ignorant, prejudiced, and arrogantly proud of it. Thanks for reinforcing my point about the average quality of conservative posts.

Don

Cornell ag has the communications degree program . it also has the FAR lower admissions requirements . 1 in 6 applicants with SAT 1350 get admitted to Cornell . the farmer joe school has admission requirements comparable to community colleges. the ag school is an affiliated school to Cornell ivy league school . in is NOT Cornell .
i seem to have hit a nerve and flushed out some frothing libs, which i love to do . why are you libs so emotionally invested in olberman's non ivy league farmer joe communications ag school degree ? i suspect another agenda ! !

the ag school is an affiliated school to Cornell ivy league school . in is NOT Cornell .

According to Cornell, it is fully a part of Cornell University. Who should I believe, a partisan hack trying to score a cheap political point or Cornell University?

why are you libs so emotionally invested in olberman's non ivy league farmer joe communications ag school degree ? i suspect another agenda ! !

I personally don't much care about Olbermann. I do care about posters distorting facts out of any semblance of the truth, or posting outright lies, to score cheap (actually, worthless) points.

I too suspect another agenda here. Christine O'Donnell is caught flat-out lying about her education, so the Tea Party apologists try to create a distraction by accusing some "liberal" of lying too. When it turns out that liberal actually did earn the degree, the next course of action is to claim the degree isn't a "real" degree, just a scrap of paper from a worthless "Farmer Joe" University. Never mind that by doing so, you are insulting everybody who has ever earned a degree from any land grant university. Conservatives seem not to have much respect for higher education anyway.

Don

...non ivy league farmer joe communications ag school degree...

Oh by the way who's being "elitist" here? Why would you presume "ivy league" is so much better than "farmer joe ag school"?

Don

You shouldn't pay so much attention to Ann Coulter; that kind of partisan hatred will rot your mind.

Don

Did anyone check Overbite's blood pressure after his rant? It must have been in the stratosphere. The guy is clearly unhappy that his daily deluge of Leftist "Share the Wealth" propaganda does not work on the average Joe. I am pretty sure the average Joe on the street fed up with Big government is not one of the ubber rich corporatists Overbite is ranting against.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Whoosh...right over your head. It's clear that the powers that be want us to be impressed with Keith's Ivy League pedigree.

FAIL.

BTW...here's a napkin...ya got some crazy on your face there.

Destinations by Roxanne

It's clear that the powers that be want us to be impressed with Keith's Ivy League pedigree.

The powers that be? What powers that be have weighed in?

Amazon for one. Jeanne seems to be concerned about his pedigree.

Destinations by Roxanne

It's clear that the powers that be want us to be impressed with Keith's Ivy League pedigree.

Wow.. I am a power here... COOOOOOOOOOOL:ph34r::ph34r:

I just stated a fact, something our extremist fringers here wish to denigrate, as usual. He did earn a degree and was awarded said degree from Cornell University. I know that must really piss off poor skipbelt. I wonder where his degree was earned:S:S

I do feel sorry about the pedigrees’ of those here who have the propensity to make a daily exhibition of their own pedigree from the school of "Dumb as dirt, and Proud of it".

he claims to have graduated from an ivy league school in an attempt to garner prestige and additional dishonest elitism . he did not graduate from an ivy league school !

"Dishonest" is a nice way of saying "LIAR!", which is kind of funny, given the content of this post. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Here is a link in Yahoo Answers that goes over the issue reasonably clearly.

Looks like Cornell does have a number of different schools (as is the case for a lot of universities; Texas A&M is a land grant college; I guess it sucks, too, huh?).

So Olbermann is riding a little high on the name of his university (he did go there), Ann Coulter is an elitist bitch who can't stand the thought that his degree says the same thing that hers does, and the right and left sides of our political spectrum have yet another stupid fucking thing to argue about.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I just stated a fact, something our extremist fringers here wish to denigrate, as usual. He did earn a degree and was awarded said degree from Cornell University. I know that must really piss off poor skipbelt. I wonder where his degree was earned:S:S

I do feel sorry about the pedigrees’ of those here who have the propensity to make a daily exhibition of their own pedigree from the school of "Dumb as dirt, and Proud of it".

Thank you. May I have another? ;)

Destinations by Roxanne

Thank you. May I have another? ;)

Great entertainement aint it?:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

overbite does not have a Cornell degree.

It really does piss you off when someone exhibits any form of erudition doesn't it.:ph34r::ph34r:

Don’t worry you are in company with many of the same mindset here in SC.

Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy???