Illicit Narcotics A "Victimless Crime" - NOT

Provide an English version of your source, to this ENGLISH speaking board so all us ENGLISH reading/writing/speaking folks can understand wtf your're ranting about... or go pound sand. Your choice.

...and provide sources that show Weed is a narcotic while your at it.

...and please provide your justification for lumping medicinal users together as dopers.

...or go pound sand. Once again, your choice.
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

Based on what happened at the end of prohibition (when liquor became legal in the US again), I'd have to say that criminals will be less involved in drugs, just as they became less involved in alcohol.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Remove the illegal status and the crime problem fixes itself in most ways.

Agreed - and true for more than just drugs.

Sure

If enough people want to do it, just make it legal for christs sake huh......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Provide an English version of your source, to this ENGLISH speaking board so all us ENGLISH reading/writing/speaking folks can understand wtf your're ranting about... or go pound sand. Your choice.

...and provide sources that show Weed is a narcotic while your at it.

...and please provide your justification for lumping medicinal users together as dopers.

...or go pound sand. Once again, your choice.

Why don't you just hit the translate button at the top of the tab.:)
Knee jerk much?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Sure

Like murder?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Sure

usually there is a victim here but
why not get rid of the inspection cyle on reserves?

Hell, usually the only person you can kill is yourself?

Seat belts come to mind too

Libs swing back and forth on this kind of shit based on the topic and their own "I am not responcible for my actions" religion they want to practice

Sad shit really

Like murder?

Abraham Lincoln

Sure

Libs swing back and forth on this kind of shit based on the topic and their own "I am not responcible for my actions" religion they want to practice

Sad shit really

Like murder?

What about drinking and driving - I know a lot of people that still want to do that.
Even smoking pot and driving.

Sure

Sad shit really

What about drinking and driving - I know a lot of people that still want to do that.

gotta be careful

cant harm others

only yourself
Abraham Lincoln

Sure

Sad shit really

Like murder?

gotta be careful

cant harm others

only yourself

Do trees count as others?
I mean - if you only hurt yourself in a traffic accident because you are DWI, it should be legal right?

Sure

Sad shit really

Like murder?

gotta be careful

cant harm others

only yourself

Do trees count as others?
I mean - if you only hurt yourself in a traffic accident because you are DWI, it should be legal right?

If trees were the only potential victim? Then yes. But the sober people want to use the roads too damn it
Abraham Lincoln

>If enough people want to do it, just make it legal for christs sake huh......

If people want to do it and it doesn't hurt anyone else, then yes, just make it legal. Worked for alcohol, women voting and blacks going to school with whites. It is working for homosexuality. It's starting to work for pot in California.

If trees were the only potential victim? Then yes. But the sober people want to use the roads too damn it

Potentials?

That drug user could potentially corrupt my children, or your sister, or his family.

>If enough people want to do it, just make it legal for christs sake huh......

If people want to do it and it doesn't hurt anyone else, then yes, just make it legal. Worked for alcohol, women voting and blacks going to school with whites. It is working for homosexuality. It's starting to work for pot in California.

Alcohol hurts millions.

Pot will be shown to do the same.

What part of homosexuality is illegal?

Potentials?

That drug user could potentially corrupt my children, or your sister, or his family.

And that doesn't happen now?

Legalize it and let the associated crime fall off.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

As someone who has a ton of non-violent drug possession cases land on my desk, I would very much prefer that this stuff be legalized.

If someone robs to get drug money, arrest them for robbery. If someone kills someone for drugs, arrest them for murder.

Right now, we've got a bunch of people using drugs, many that would like to stop but are unable to do so on their own and are finding treatment to be expensive. If sales of some drugs with a low potential for addiction, like marijuana, for example, were legalized, and possession of other drugs decriminalized, and the tax money from sales of the legalized drugs used to make treatment programs available and education as to why using drugs is usually a bad idea, perhaps things might improve? What we're doing now certainly isn't working, given the large pile of stuff currently sitting on my desk. So, it's probably time to try something else.

The thing is, the reason most people don't use drugs is that generally it's a damn stupid thing to do. It's not because the drugs are illegal, and it's not because they don't know where to get them. Any high school student can tell you, or can at least point you to who to ask. Most people don't do drugs because they have been educated as to the health and psychological consequences.

We learned back in the era of alcohol prohibition that prohibiting things creates a black market, and with a black market comes the crime that was shown in the link. Remove the black market and there's no reason to buy from the guy on the corner that's smuggled the stuff in from Mexico when you can walk down and buy it from CVS who has bought it from a pharma company, and while pharma companies aren't totally guaranteed safe (been the victim of a screwup there myself), they're a heck of a lot safer than your local drug dealer, and while addicts aren't always the brightest folks, they don't want to die from bad drugs.

And honestly, I'm quite sick of all the energy that's gone into banning a plant. We haven't outlawed hemlock and jimson weed, and in 2002 there were documented cases of those plants killing children.

>That drug user could potentially corrupt my children, or your sister, or his
>family.

So could a subversive book, or a questionable religion, or a cult. So can alcohol or skydiving. So can an R-rated movie or a violent video game. You can't ban things you're afraid of just because you fear they will "corrupt" others.

>What part of homosexuality is illegal?

Fewer and fewer parts of it. It used to be illegal in places like Texas, although the GOP is still trying to outlaw it in places like Montana. Now gay marriage is legal in many states.

If someone is driving under the influence of alcohol or marijuana (or opiates, or anything likely to affect one's ability to operate a vehicle, for that matter), they should be arrested for it.